LG 26LX1D Digital Output fails on certain channels - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-03-2013, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My brother has an LG 26LX1D TV. He is bedridden so has to rely on wireless headphones to hear his TV. The headphone transmitter has RCA inputs, the TV has digital output (since the digital stations started). He has purchased a digital to RCA converter. The problem arises that he is unable to hear about 3 or 4 of the new digital channels through his headphones. The same channels can be heard on the TV speakers. Obviously the problem is either in the digital output(unlikely) or the digital to RCA converter is not converting those frequencies! The only solution I can think of is to obtain a new set of wireless headphones that can hook directly to the digital output of the TV(I have been unable to source these). I would appreciate any help with this problem.smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-03-2013, 11:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodfile View Post

My brother has an LG 26LX1D TV. He is bedridden so has to rely on wireless headphones to hear his TV. The headphone transmitter has RCA inputs, the TV has digital output (since the digital stations started). He has purchased a digital to RCA converter. The problem arises that he is unable to hear about 3 or 4 of the new digital channels through his headphones. The same channels can be heard on the TV speakers. Obviously the problem is either in the digital output(unlikely) or the digital to RCA converter is not converting those frequencies! The only solution I can think of is to obtain a new set of wireless headphones that can hook directly to the digital output of the TV(I have been unable to source these). I would appreciate any help with this problem.smile.gif

Chances are that the audio D/A converter will not process DD5.1 audio which is contained in many digital channels. Solutions include:

1. Wireless digital headphones that directly accept the TV's digital audio output and then decode the DD5.1, like these Sony headphones:

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666290086#features

2. An audio A/D converter that will decode the DD5.1 audio, like this Geffen:

http://www.amazon.com/Gefen-GTV-DD-2-AA-Digital-Audio-Decoder/dp/B0021QBIBQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1365051610&sr=8-3&keywords=geffen+digital+to+analog+converter

3. If the TV has the option in a set-up menu, switch the digital audio output to put out PCM audio at all times.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
It is probably cheaper to buy a Coupon Eligible Converter Box and connect the video output to the TV and the audio to the headphone transmitter.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-04-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredengineer View Post

It is probably cheaper to buy a Coupon Eligible Converter Box and connect the video output to the TV and the audio to the headphone transmitter.

So you're suggesting he connect a 4:3 analog video signal to his 16:9 HDTV? And no longer be able to use his TV's remote for channel changes? And suffer with the quality of the CECB audio?
post #5 of 5 Old 05-01-2013, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Domino 92024. Thank you very much for your response. The links were very helpful and gives him a choice of which way to go. The headphones sound good, as he may replace the TV shortly with a full Digital. The Analogue channels are being closed down in Australia. However, I would like to try the TV setup option to change the audio out to PCM, which I did not think of, as it would be the most economical option. Thanks again & take care! smile.gif
Reply HDTV Technical

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page