Directv Installation with Home Theater - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-07-2013, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hired a home theater company to run coax and Cat6 throughout the house and install a home audio system, a CCTV security system, and a home theater with an Epson 6020 projector and Triad speakers in my new custom home. It"s going to be really nice. They have been great to deal with throughout the whole process, but now they are trying to get me to spend an incremental $4000 to do the directv installation which includes 2 HD-DVR's (living room and media room) and 7 HD receivers (4 bedrooms, back patio, and 2 in game room). The equipment if I have Directv do the installation is $1100. The home theater guys did not mention this $4000 cost in our original contract.

I have two questions:
1) Why should I have my home theater guys do the equipment installation? They say I can have Directv do it then they will charge me $75/hour to straighten things out.
2) would you go with the new Genie DVR or 2 regular HD-DVR's? They are recommending the two DVR approach so my wife and I each have a DVR to record our own shows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-08-2013, 04:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 36
The 2 DVRs would be my choice as well or a Genie and a DVR. At that price I would let Directv do the free install.
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page