post #62 of 66 Old 01-12-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
it doesn't seem as if they can be installed without using the reflectors,

Sure they can. You just have to drill out the rivets that hold the metal screen to the vertical members, then assemble the antenna without the screens. If you need to put them back on, just use common screws and nuts, probably #10 or so.
post #63 of 66 Old 01-14-2014, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After the two Channel Master 3414 amps arrived, it was awhile before we were able to try them out. And as we only have four of our seven TVs hooked up, we tryed them with the same four TVs on each amp. On one of them, all of them did better. Still about the same amount of channels, ranging from 24 to 36 channnels per TV, but with less pixilation. It could be better on the signal, but we will accept it gratefully :-) On the other amp, when we tryed it with the same four TVs, two of the connections were bad and had a very low signal strength. To verify that it was the amp, we switched the TVs around and now the previously good signals, became bad and also when tryed on the other amp, all four were fine. So, we did return the one amp and will reorder another one soon. Thanks.
post #64 of 66 Old 01-14-2014, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, but I can't find someone who is willing to go up that high to remove them, so my husband says we will work with them the way they are. LOL.
post #65 of 66 Old 01-14-2014, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Hey,
I hope you are staying well and doing good. You have been so kind and helpful to me and I promised to let you know how the amps did.

After the two Channel Master 3414 amps arrived, it was awhile before we were able to try them out. And as we only have four of our seven TVs hooked up, we tryed them with the same four TVs on each amp. On one of them, all of them did better. Still about the same amount of channels, ranging from 24 to 36 channnels per TV, but with less pixilation. It could be better on the signal, but we will accept it gratefully :-) On the other amp, when we tryed it with the same four TVs, two of the connections were bad and had a very low signal strength. To verify that it was the amp, we switched the TVs around and now the previously good signals, became bad and also when tryed on the other amp, all four were fine. So, we did return the one amp and will reorder another one soon. Thanks.

Another poster asked me how they did, and I posted this to the board for them as well. But I wanted to make sure that you saw it, by posting it to you. Thanks again for all of your help.
post #66 of 66 Old 01-14-2014, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

I forgot to say----
That last post for for tylerSC :-)
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page