2 x 1 splitter? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2013, 03:40 AM - Thread Starter
Noel8's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have cable box with one hdmi output which is occupied from my blu-ray player. How can I get HDMI connection from that cable box to my HDTV 55" set? Would a HDMI splitter work as well? i see on ebay they are selling them like $6 or so. Is there something i should look for with problems that some HDMI cables are erratic?
Noel8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2013, 04:48 AM
Advanced Member
RollTide2011's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Moody, AL 35004
Posts: 587
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Why do you need a HDMI cable going from your cable box to your blu-ray player? I think you mean that your TV only has one HDMI input and you need to connect multiple HDMI devices. If this is the case then a HDMI switch will work just keep your cables as short as possible.
RollTide2011 is offline  
Old 05-17-2013, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member
sitlet's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If you want to take two hdmi devices into one hdmi input, you need an hdmi switch, not a splitter. Monoprice has a few of them.
sitlet is offline  
Old 05-17-2013, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member
egnlsn's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylorsville, UT
Posts: 2,330
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 39
What you need is an HDMI switch that lets you select between the 2 sources which one goes to the TV. Monoprice has a good, auto-sensing one for ~$11. http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011001&p_id=8150&seq=1&format=2

An HDMI splitter is designed to distribute an HDMI signal to 2 different display devices. Unlike r.f. splitters, they can't just be turned around.


Ed N.
egnlsn is offline  
Thread Tools

Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off