Wireless headphones that have an optical connection (receiver must connect to optical out) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-01-2013, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello technological people!
I have an LG television - 32LH20D - and would like to use wireless headphones. The television does not have a headphone jack, and I have been told that I require wireless headphones that have an optical connection (receiver must connect to optical out).
I am in Australia.
Does anyone have any ideas of what would be a good brand of wireless headphones and how it all works?
Any answer would be appreciated!
Thanks smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-01-2013, 03:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
You can buy a converter box.
http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY%C2%AE-AGPtek-Digital-Optical-Converter/dp/B005DIRI6I/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_0
post #3 of 4 Old 08-01-2013, 07:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Since 2000, with two different HD displays, I've been using a Pioneer 5.1 Digital Dolby wireless headphone--with no separate receiver involved. The optical outputs from my cable DVR or Sony PS3 Blu-ray, first go through a switcher. The headphone receives infrared from the transmitting module, but believe Pioneer has since switched to radio signals. The switcher also accepts SPDIF digital-audio signals from hardware, converting them to a single optical out (for 4 inputs). A web search for "wireless dolby digital 5.1 headphones" shows Sony makes a model, too. -- John
post #4 of 4 Old 08-01-2013, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezodi View Post

Hello technological people!
I have an LG television - 32LH20D - and would like to use wireless headphones. The television does not have a headphone jack, and I have been told that I require wireless headphones that have an optical connection (receiver must connect to optical out).
I am in Australia.
Does anyone have any ideas of what would be a good brand of wireless headphones and how it all works?
Any answer would be appreciated!
Thanks smile.gif

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666290086
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page