Component Cable Coupling! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-21-2013, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Try saying that title three times fast!!!

Hey guys, I just want to give you all a little background into my current HT setup.

I recently decommissioned an Onkyo TX-SR606 because the HDMI board was bad (which seems to be common). I reinstalled my even older Pioneer VSX-D914-K AVR and it sounds great (better than my Onkyo). The problem is that this cut my available HDMI inputs from 9 including the TV, down to just the 4 on the TV. So, I just bought a Wii U and luckily it will output 1080p via component. I bought the official Nintendo Wii component cables but they aren't long enough. They need to be about 20 feet. Luckily I also have some really high quality component cables that would go to a DVD player.

My question is this: I will need to use couplers to connect the two component cables together. Will this destroy my signal? Is there such thing as a high quality coupler?

I really need this to work, because I won't be able to buy a new AVR for a while and with the PS3, PS4, Roku, and Bluray Player, I am out of HDMI inputs.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-21-2013, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Here is a TRIPLE Female-to-Female RCA Adapter intended for use with Component Video cables:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10430&cs_id=1043009&p_id=3002&seq=1&format=2
Frag Mortuus likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

post #3 of 4 Old 08-22-2013, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
They also have a 5 way version if you are using analog audio:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10430&cs_id=1043009&p_id=7236&seq=1&format=2

I am using this with my Nintendo Wii for the same reason you are looking for one, the Wii component cable was too short and I needed to add another 6 ft to reach my AVR. I have not noticed any impact to the video quality.
Frag Mortuus likes this.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-23-2013, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Awesome. Thank you for the input!
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page