HDMI issue: D* > Denon > Panasonic = green flickering screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-16-2013, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Equipment - Panasonic Plasma HDTV TH50PX50U, 2005. Sony Bravia HDTV KLD32XBR9, 2010. Denon AV Receiver 1912.

I have my Panasonic TV used as a monitor connected to the Denon with HDMI. I have DirecTv HDMI into the Denon then HDMI to the TV. I turned on the system and could only see a green flickering screen… everything has always worked fine without incident.

I tried changing HDMI cables with known working cables of short length. Same issue. Thinking that my Panasonic TV was damaged somehow, I connected composite cables and audio cables into the TV from the DirecTv receiver (HR-34) and it worked once I switched inputs on the TV. I then connected HDMI from the DirecTv receiver into the Panasonic TV, switched inputs back to HDMI and it worked. This is where it gets weird. I was thinking my Denon HDMI was the problem. So I started again only now using the Sony TV.

I have the Sony TV as a backup, connected HDMI from the Denon using the Sony as a monitor similar to my original setup and it worked. I used the original HDMI cables and tried others and they all worked. However, when I connected everything back as original to the Panasonic, I only see green flicking screen. I can't seem to isolate my problem. To watch TV, I now have composite from the the DirecTv directly to the Panasonic with HDMI out of the DirecTv into the Denon for digital audio. Why does it work with the Denon and Sony TV but not the Panasonic? Without HDMI into the Panasonic, I am unable to see the Demon menu screen… yet when I hook everything up as original to the Sony, I see the Denon menu.

I can't seem to figure this out. Any help is appreciated. I can provide addition information if needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Please keep topic titles specific. See my edit.

That said, you might want to try asking in the Display section appropriate to your television or in the HDMI section if you don't get timely answers here.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-16-2013, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the proper edit and info.

Rick
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page