This is the first night we've hooked up our equipment and I'm having a weird issue:
Here's the equipment:
Panasonic BDT 230
Rogers Cable Box
All 4 devices are plugged into an old APC ups.
Thus far, I have tried 2 separate outlets. The power for all 4 devices keeps going off all at once, after maybe 5, 20, or 40 minutes...random really. At first I thought maybe it's a shorted wire in the Denon receiver but that can't be the case since all devices go off at once and no other device is plugged into the receiver.
I've also tried turning on only the television and cable box and left the bluray and receiver off. Same, story...both shut down after a few minutes. On/off..on/off...on/off, rapidly. I tried taking the hdmi cables and going direct to tv, rather than receiver...didn't make any difference.
All I can think off is it's too much power for the APC battery backup (surge protector) to handle?
Or, is it crappy wall sockets? The house was build in ~ 1965.
Thanks for any suggestions.
All 4 devices plugged in and turned on, so far a movie has been running for 1 hour with no hiccups.
Maybe it really was a defective APC surge protector.
What that guy said ^. Your battery is likely dead (they only go for 2 years max). It may be trying to do a self test and failing because the battery is dead, or it's overheating while trying to charge a dead battery and it's causing funky things to happen. New batteries are $25-30 bucks. I have several 7-14 year old APC units and find them to be very reliable. Every issue I've ever had with them was do to a dead battery.