Any info on bi-directional (channels approximately 180 degrees) in Mobile, AL - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-09-2013, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have a more general post http://www.avsforum.com/t/1493175/help-picking-an-antenna-mobile-al#post_23801037 there.

My TV Fool results are: http://imgur.com/a/5yhGm

I'd like to pick up the channels to the west as well as to the east.  My goal, of course is to get as many channels as I can.  Unfortunately, my local fox channel is VHF, so I need an antenna that does both.  In researching I've been told that an antenna like CM4228 will likely work bi-directionally and would be a good fit since my channels are nearly 180 degrees apart.  I understand that the channels on the back side may not come in as well as the ones I have it pointed at.  I plan on pointing it to the eastern channels.  Is this a solid plan or should I just buy a directional antenna?  Would I need to remove the reflectors (I don't know what exactly that involves, but I'm  certain I can figure that out).

Anyone have any experience trying bi-directional over these distances?

I haven't set up a pole so I am flexible on how high I can put this thing.  I even have a pine tree next to the house that I could use a big ladder and put it way on up there (is that just asking for lightning issues though?).

Do I need to worry about any sort of amplifiers or would this just cause problems with my local channels?

Thanks in advance for any imput!

-SquirrelTactic

Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page