Whitsett, NC antenna install...attic or roof? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-10-2013, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is my TV Fool data: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d46ae899f26c3e1

Antenna:
Solid Signal Xtreme Signal HDB8X High Definition Blade 8 Bay Xtreme Antenna VHF/UHF (HDB8X)

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?mc=03&p=HDB8X&d=Solid-Signal-Xtreme-Signal-HDB8X-High-Definition-Blade-8-Bay-Xtreme-Antenna-VHFUHF-%28HDB8X%29&c=TV%20Antennas&sku=700112818417

I would STRONGLY prefer to mount this in my attic, if possible. I am connecting to the existing coax that was utilized by the DirecTV that I just got rid of. Based on the TV Fool info and the particular antenna, will this set up work in the attic? My only concern is picking up WXII, the local NBC affiliate. It is the furthest away. Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 100
You may need a moderate gain distribution amp to help receive WXII. The PCT/Channel Master dist amps are good and resistant to overload from strong nearby signals. They come in 1 port, 2 port, 4 port, and 8 port versions. Probably get a 2 or 4 port version based upon the number of TVs. They can also be used as a preamp with a remote power supply that can be purchased separately, if you do not have an electrical outlet in the attic. Also, if interested, you may be able to receive some of the major Raleigh signals at 65 miles. But a separate HiVHF antenna will probably be necessary for WTVD RF11, and outside would be better there. WGHP, WXII, WRAL, and WTVD would be my choice of stations to receive if possible. That way you get all the major networks, and the best from both markets.