VIP 211k won't pickup locals - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-16-2013, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi there,

I would really appreciate if you can help me. I have a a VIP211k dish network receiver with a full package. signed up in Florida and everything is working fine. I moved the receiver to the caribbean and since then I cannot pickup locals channel, even in standard definition>

Sometimes I have channel signal loss (Signal code 11-12-11) or a blue screen telling me that dish is aware of the problem, no need to call them. When I explained my problem on the phone or chat, I am told that everything looks fine and I should have not faced this issue. Still I cannot watch any locals: ABC, CBS or NBC

Does that have anything to do with a GPS in the box that prevents me to get the locals in the caribbean or something else? I would appreciate if you can get me any help.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-16-2013, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Where did you move to in the Caribbean and what Florida local stations did you get? The locals on the Dish satellite are likely using spot beams that don't cover your present location. If you are on the edge of the beam a larger dish might get them. If not you are out of luck.
John
post #3 of 3 Old 10-18-2013, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdish View Post

Where did you move to in the Caribbean and what Florida local stations did you get? The locals on the Dish satellite are likely using spot beams that don't cover your present location. If you are on the edge of the beam a larger dish might get them. If not you are out of luck.
John

Yep - sounds like the "problem" to me. There are "NO" (or darn few) local stations that would be on "CONUS" transponders. You might see if AllAmerican Direct is available for your subscription, but it's probably only going to be SD.

You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Being A Beacon of Knowledge in the darkness of FUD
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page