How to connect HDMI out from receiver to component in on TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 10-16-2013, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a need to connect a new Marantz receiver to the component input on an older TV. Even if the TV has a DVI input, it doesn't matter, as I'm not able to run a new signal cable to the TV - I must use the component cable that's already run, and connected to the TV.

So, I need some type of HDMI-to-component converter. Does anyone know of a quality device? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-16-2013, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie 1.8 View Post

I have a need to connect a new Marantz receiver to the component input on an older TV. Even if the TV has a DVI input, it doesn't matter, as I'm not able to run a new signal cable to the TV - I must use the component cable that's already run, and connected to the TV.

So, I need some type of HDMI-to-component converter. Does anyone know of a quality device? Thanks.

https://www.google.com/#q=hdmi+to+component
post #3 of 8 Old 10-16-2013, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Domino, my question wasn't, does anyone know how to do a Google search for my need. Do you think I didn't try that? Obviously, it seems that is exactly what you thought.

I'd like to know if anyone here in the forum has experience with such a quality product, or otherwise knows of such a product firsthand.
post #4 of 8 Old 10-17-2013, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 36
He gave you some good options. I have not used that particular type of converter but I have used other converters from Monoprice and their stuff is first rate and they're also great about returns. I have a Component to Composite converter on all of my TV's which I use to record to DVD recorders. It's a Directv thing.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-17-2013, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 View Post

He gave you some good options.
The Google search link provided good options? If you review the search results, you'd find there were no options. Monoprice has many coverters, but none HDMI to component (comonent to HDMI, yes).

I'd already known of HDfury, and that's what I'm going with. Thanks for your help.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-21-2013, 05:09 AM

I've been using an "HD Fury 2" converter for the past couple of years with great success. The converter cost about $150.00, however.

The problem you would then have is that the output is RCA male jacks that you might have to convert to female. The unit is powered by the HDMI input, although for a long cable run you might need to add a power adapter. The unit is set up to use an adapter but you'd need to get it from a place like Radio Shack.

Check it out at www.curtpalme.com. I no longer need the unit as I just bought a new plasma so if your interested, I'll sell you this one for $80.00 including shipping. It works very well and makes a noticeable difference in the component video picture quality.

post #8 of 8 Old 10-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The HDMI to component converters are getting hard to find but here is one that is still available for now.

http://www.amazon.com/HDfuryproTwo-Component-Converter-Support-Surround/dp/B009YP7Y56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382457972&sr=8-1&keywords=vhd-h2yvs

If you really want one I would get it now, about a year ago when I was looking for these I found many available from different sites now I can only find this one.

Mike T
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page