Help choosing the right wall mount to deal with angled wall - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-29-2013, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just bought the M801d-A3 80" Vozio from Amazon.  I want to wall mount it on a wall that angles half way up.  I want the mount anchored vertically just under the angle.  However, I want the TV to only come out to about 16 inches and stay there in a fixed position.  This would place the top of the TV's bezel at just about 68" off the floor  Can someone recommend a mount that would achieve this?  In other words, I need a mount with enough clearance after being anchored so that the TV only stretches about 16' out from the wall, but still hangs with a top height no lower than 68".  see diagram.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2013, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
My guess is you are going to be better off trying to find a mount that would hang from the angled portion of the wall/ceiling instead of trying to hang it off the wall suspended out that far. That TV weighs around 130lbs, and that is going to be difficult to suspend out that far away from the wall.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks,
Yes, after quite a bit of digging on the web, I decided to to go with a long cabinet I already have for now, at least until I find a better mounting solution. I will look for what you suggested.

JM