Yuma,AZ ota antenna help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-11-2013, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So confused on what would be the best OUTSIDE antenna for my area 85365. Any help is GREAT !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 51
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1409080/note-put-a-location-in-the-title-of-all-antenna-threads-tvfool-info-in-1st-post
post #3 of 5 Old 12-14-2013, 02:24 AM

Liked: 11
All I can tell you is that you need something that will pull in high-band VHF, as that is where the signals for English-language channels KECY 9.x (Fox/ABC/MyNet/CW), KYMA 11.x (NBC/This) and KSWT 13.x (CBS/Tuff TV) originate. All three broadcast from Black Mtn., located NNW of the city. Two other English-language stations come from Telegraph Pass, where I-8 winds through the mountains between Fortuna Foothills and Wellton. Those stations, both low-power, are a digital religious station on ch. 17.x (if it's finally up and running), and an analog KAET-8 (PBS) repeater on ch. 19. For all 5 stations, the RF channel and virtual channel are the same. You shouldn't need an amplified antenna, but you're far enough away from the towers that having an amplified antenna shouldn't overload your TV with signal.

I can give you info on the Spanish-language channels if you request them.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-14-2013, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks....now I know what kind to get. The one I have now was left from the previous owner of the house. No wonder she told me you need to get Directtv because her antenna was like a bow tie on the mast. Thanks again.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-15-2013, 01:17 AM

Liked: 11
You might want to keep the bowtie around and join it with whatever you buy. The main English-language stations are all VHF on Black Mtn. to the NNW, but your PBS station will be to the east of you, on UHF 19. If you orient the bowtie east/west, it should pick that one up, plus, if the antenna doesn't have a reflector, you might get all the Mexicali stations from the west as well - if Spanish-language stations are of any interest to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page