St.Paul MN 55119 Ditching cable. Want a whole house antenna for the attic. Please advise - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-14-2014, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3de1c668f7b343c3

I currently have 4 tv's in my home. I plan on ditching cable within the next couple of weeks. I was hoping to install an antenna in my attic to serve the rest of the house. I am mainly concerned with the major network channels. I have cable ran to two of my televisions already, the others have indoor antenna's, and could possible continue to use them. It should be fairly easy for me to drop a cable down from the attic to where my cable is split. Would it be possible for me to use the same cable that currently goes to my cable boxes, and hook it up to my tv and dtv converter??

Bottom line is that I need some suggestions on what type of antenna to buy.

Thanks for all your help, I am sure you get tired of answering these questions.

-Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-14-2014, 03:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Would it be possible for me to use the same cable that currently goes to my cable boxes, and hook it up to my tv and dtv converter??

Yes, as long as the in-place coax is otherwise completely unused. No VOIP or internet can be shared with the antenna signals on the same coax.

All you should need is a small, 7-51 combo like the ClearStream 2V, RCA 751R, CM2016, or the HBU11 would all work well in your area.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-14-2014, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 90

Yes in MSP our lowest VHF channel is FOX9 followed by KARE 11, the rest are UHF. Living in St. Paul low signal strength shouldn't be a issue but multipath may be, depending on local tall buildings, trees or even the rafters in your attic. Your hardest channel may be CH41 PAX out of Big Lake(St. Cloud area). They have several decent channels you or family members may be interested in.

Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page