Moved to Long Valley, NJ--can I get anything here? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-29-2014, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Moved to Long Valley, NJ--can I get anything here?

Here is my tv fool result.... I have removed my current antenna setup from the old location and am taking it to the new house. This is what I have.. 2 antennas on one 5ft mast, a 91xg and a ya-1713, with a cm7777 amp. My tv fool looks worse than my old place, I wanted to live on a hill, wife overruled me on that one. I hope I can get FOX with my setup. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c694c0b662c8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-30-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergriff View Post
My tv fool looks worse than my old place, I wanted to live on a hill, wife overruled me on that one. I hope I can get FOX with my setup. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c694c0b662c8

I have a TV Fool report and terrain situation that looks very similar to yours.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...cc49e65f5d3c18

My locals are the ones at 272 degrees. I receive them all nearly all the time. In order for it to work your antenna needs to be as high as possible to limit the angle to the last ridge and you can't be looking through any vegetation right in front of the antenna. If you can do that then you have a chance. Run TV Fool with your antenna at different heights and see how much signals improve as you go up. If you could go high enough to make it a 1 edge path instead of a 2 edge path you'd be in business. The terrain plots make it look like you're not that far below the last ridge line.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-30-2014, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Why is it that the only stations that are LOS are the ones no one wants to watch?? Did a temp hook up, 15 ft high. No Fox. Did quite well, CBS. NBC, WPIX, ABC. No WOR or Fox. House is a one story ranch. I guess I would need a tower. I miss Aereo.
post #4 of 7 Old 07-01-2014, 04:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergriff View Post
I miss Aereo.
It's a shame because you're the exact reason for Aereo...I still don't get the broadcaster motives here?!?!?! All they did was remove eyeballs from their streams and thus potential ad revenue! But then I'm going OT here.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-01-2014, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Other thing unusual, cannot get 5-1, which should be easier than 4-1. Yet 4-1 comes in well, and 5-1 does not come in at all. Could it be the higher frequency of the station??
post #6 of 7 Old 07-04-2014, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Please follow the instructions in the sticky notes. A location is required in the title of all antenna threads.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-04-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unless the thread title was edited after posting, the title says it all. The question here is, is supergriff "in the valley" or "on the mountain"?

If he/she is in the valley, you can pretty much forget any NY or Philly reception. If you're on the mountain, your options improve, depending on where you are exactly. Higher is better. I'm "on the mountain" and I can get NY, Philly, Allentown, and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton OTA. Note: W-B/Scranton channels actually drown out some NYC stations.
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page