HDMI issue D*TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-28-2014, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HDMI issue D*TV

I have a question, and I am not sure what the issue is.
I have now had this issue with two different DirecTV receivers (currently connected is an HR24-200, but the HR24-500 was also an issue.

Here is the setup:
The DirecTV HDDVR is connected to a Yamaha receiver (Model RX-V367). The receiver is connected to a Sony 50W800B.

As I run the signal through the Yamaha receiver, I do not use the TV speakers at all.

When I turn the system on, the TV shows no input or sound. The only way to "correct" the issue is to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it right back in (components still turned on)--as soon as this is done, I get sound from the Yamaha and picture from the TV. This is happening with the current HR24-200 connected. I put this receiver in place, because i was having a similar issue with the HR24-500, EXCEPT, I would get a picture with the 500, but no sound untiol I unplugged the HDMI and plugged it back in.

I ran this setup without any issue with my Samsung 40 inch TV until that TV went out...

The only "new" component is the Sony TV, but that really does not seem to be the issue, since the it come son fine after I unplug and plug in the HDMI cable from the DirecTV receiver to the Yamaha...I can't imagine it is a DirecTV receiver issue, since it is having a problem with two different receivers.

Any thoughts?

Is it the HDMI cable?
DirecTV equipment?
Yamaha receiver?
Sony TV?

Thanks,
keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-29-2014, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 38
It's an HDMI handshake problem. Some people have been able to correct that by changing the order in which the components are turned on. ex: TV then Yamaha, then HR24, try switching the order around. I once had to use an HDMI switch so I could switch off the HDMI and switch it back on instead of unplugging it. There is nothing wrong with any of your components, they all work but you're having to force the "handshake". Hope you can get it to work.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-30-2014, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Seems like I have it figured out (the last few times it has worked, anyway)....

I need to turn the TV and the HR24 on first (really at the same time--same power button on the remote, then turn on the Yamaha...

Seems like, as long as i turnt he Yamaha on last, everything seems to check out OK... (at leats the last two days that has worked)...

Thanks for the response!
post #4 of 4 Old 07-31-2014, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Glad it worked for you!
Reply HDTV Technical
Gear in this thread - 50W800B. by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page