2Likes
  • 1 Post By pamajestic
  • 1 Post By jjeff

post #1 of 8 Old 07-29-2014, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy How? 4 component devices to 1 component input.

Hi everyone,

So what I'm trying to do is connect the 4 following devices with component cables to 1 component port on my TV:
-xbox
-ps2
-wii
-xbox360

Extra info:
My tv is a full HD tv of samsung from a few years back. I also have HDMI ports on this TV that are used for my PS3,PS4,WiiU.
So I don't really lack HDMI ports for now.

Now what is the best method for connecting my 4 component devices?
I read a lot about component switch boxes. But I don't seem to find one that actually is good and not insanely expensive.

I'm not a cheap skate here but paying like 100EUR just to connect 4 consoles to 1 port sounds insane to me. And that is comming from someone who buys all the consoles.

So yea does anyone know a device to connect my 4 devices that isn't insanely expensive and more important: that keeps the HD quality??? (doesn't lose quality)

Last edited by vree; 07-29-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-29-2014, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Monoprice

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2
DrDon likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-29-2014, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamajestic View Post
Yeah I have looked into that one. It seemed nice but I found quite some user reviews with this issue:

"However, the product has a major design flaw that forced me to return it. When the video content changes from dark to bright scenes this switch loses the video signal, resulting in a blank screen with "no signal". It loses the signal for ~10-60 seconds before it re-syncs and recovers. This issue occurs randomly during movies, games, sporting events but happens 1-2 times during almost every commercial break (black screen just before each commercial). Sometimes more than a minute of game action will happen before the switch can recover. It seems the engineers of this product couldn't bother to simply watch TV for 10 minutes to make sure their design actually worked.....poor effort.

Check the reviews as others have run into this problem as well. Also keep in mind that this product seems to be branded under many different names (Monoprice, Dynex, Startech, etc.). If you check the reviews you'll see others having the same issue."

So yea not sure I should buy that one :S
post #4 of 8 Old 07-29-2014, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamajestic View Post
I'd also suggest this box. I have several and they work great, no issues whatsoever. A component signal through the switcher is basically like a direct connect component connection
DrDon likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-30-2014, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by vree View Post
Yeah I have looked into that one. It seemed nice but I found quite some user reviews with this issue:

"However, the product has a major design flaw that forced me to return it. When the video content changes from dark to bright scenes this switch loses the video signal, resulting in a blank screen with "no signal". It loses the signal for ~10-60 seconds before it re-syncs and recovers. This issue occurs randomly during movies, games, sporting events but happens 1-2 times during almost every commercial break (black screen just before each commercial). Sometimes more than a minute of game action will happen before the switch can recover. It seems the engineers of this product couldn't bother to simply watch TV for 10 minutes to make sure their design actually worked.....poor effort.

Check the reviews as others have run into this problem as well. Also keep in mind that this product seems to be branded under many different names (Monoprice, Dynex, Startech, etc.). If you check the reviews you'll see others having the same issue."

So yea not sure I should buy that one :S
Almost 300 reviews and 4 1/2 stars is about as good as you're going to get. If you shop on the net a lot like I do you will always see some negative reviews about every product. It could be something else in his system that's causing the problem. Monoprice is a respected company with a good return policy.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-31-2014, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

For some reason they don't ship to Belgium. (doesn't make any sense what so ever)

Any other options?.??
post #7 of 8 Old 07-31-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Perhaps the same item through Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-1030...ds=4+component

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #8 of 8 Old 07-31-2014, 06:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Reply HDTV Technical

Tags
component connect

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page