dish sd rf out and ota signal - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-18-2014, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Lightbulb dish sd rf out and ota signal

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this, so please forgive me if I am wrong.

I have a dish 722 rx and it has a rf out (tv2) that is set for channel 60. My wife wants to put that on the home OTA distribution amp. How do I "blend" that signal with the OTA antenna so that channel can be seen on the rest of the tv sets in the house (I know that the sets will have to see the same content if that channel 60 is selected).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2014, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Can you select the output channel on the dish receiver. One of these on a channel the receiver can output would be a good start: http://www.warrenelectronics.com/Ant...Jointennas.htm
You might also need a one of these http://www.wishpot.com/item.aspx?uid...1&wid=36651623
John
Old 08-18-2014, 05:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 430
I used to do that years ago, and a simple splitter in reverse worked fine, maybe $5.

And yes, you can change output channel on the 722.

Lots more details at satelliteguys forums. This has come up several times over there.

Last edited by mdavej; 08-18-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
You should be able to combine the TV2 out with the antenna using a splitter in reverse. In the 722 menu, press 6, 1, 5 to get to the modulator set up and change the TV2 output channel to a channel that isn't nearby any channels from the antenna. The last time I tested the TV2 out from a 722 I think it was around 16dBmV so you shouldn't need an amp unless you're splitting much more than a 2-way and 8-way. There should be a little device called a Diplexer at your home run. There should be a port labeled VHF/UHF or ANT or maybe TV, that is the one that gets combined with the antenna.

Tags
hdtv , Ota , sat analog output