Sun City Center, FL - Need Antenna Advice - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 6 Unread Yesterday, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Sun City Center, FL - Need Antenna Advice

Hello AVS Community,

I received great feedback and advice from the community here on my first OTA & Antenna experience last month. Based off everyone's recommendations I went with the CM-4221HD.

Now, I am back to obtain some advice for my parents who live in FL. They are looking to cut the cord as well. I am not sure what antenna would compliment their location and where it should be facing.

Below are the details of my parents location:

TVfool report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f0463fff4422

Attitc: My parents have an attic in the garage. I have never been up there so I am not sure how big it is.

TV: Mitsubishi 73" 1080p 120Hz DLP HDTV

Towers: I am not sure if I have cellular towers near by.

If you need more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Unread Yesterday, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 123
This should be about as easy as it can get. All their stations are really strong. A small antenna such as the ANT751 or HBU11 in the attic should get everything in the 32 to 40 degree range pointed at 36 degrees. Do not use a preamp. A distribution amp might be okay if the signal is split 4 or more ways. Don't bother for 2 ways.
post #3 of 6 Unread Today, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaveras View Post
This should be about as easy as it can get. All their stations are really strong. A small antenna such as the ANT751 or HBU11 in the attic should get everything in the 32 to 40 degree range pointed at 36 degrees. Do not use a preamp. A distribution amp might be okay if the signal is split 4 or more ways. Don't bother for 2 ways.
Thanks for the information Calaveras! If for some reason the attic above the garage is too small, where would you recommend installing the antenna? Or do you recommend a different type?
post #4 of 6 Unread Today, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlyp View Post
Thanks for the information Calaveras! If for some reason the attic above the garage is too small, where would you recommend installing the antenna? Or do you recommend a different type?

You're not going to get anything much smaller that's going to cover both VHF and UHF. How about mounting it on the roof?
post #5 of 6 Unread Today, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Either of the suggested antennas should fit in most any tight spot. The HBU 11 is a great bang for the buck. I wouldn't suggest anything smaller since you have some VHF stations in the mix.
post #6 of 6 Unread Today, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaveras View Post
You're not going to get anything much smaller that's going to cover both VHF and UHF. How about mounting it on the roof?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
Either of the suggested antennas should fit in most any tight spot. The HBU 11 is a great bang for the buck. I wouldn't suggest anything smaller since you have some VHF stations in the mix.
Thank you both.

I will contact my father and ask him to give me some estimates of the attic size. I am going down to visit next month, so I will setup everything then.

I'll keep you all posted on the results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Technical

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page