The Mitsubishi Promise Module is here - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 1228 Old 01-24-2003, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bruce and Kipp (#1 & 2)

Congratulations on your installations. I have a 65907 (and recently the Mits D-V HS)and I've been waiting since 4/2001 for the module. I've received my agreement form but held it until I read about your experiences. Since you both have been very happy and impressed I'm going to fax back the agreement today.

Several questions remain:
1. The manual for the HD2000U states that you CANNOT attach a camcorder NOR a computer to the 1394 port (on the 2000U). Are there any such statements about connectivity limitations for the Promise Module"??? If the same limitations apply then the "AV Disc" will not simply be a computer with a hard drive or an external 1394 hard drive, but will be another overpriced TIVO type unit. If it did allow connection to a computer think of the possibilities.

2. Many people have mentioned the Dish 221 sat receiver when discussing the Promise Module. Is that a single or dual channel receiver?? Many people have been waiting for the Dish pvr 921 since it is reported to have dual sat tuners, ota tuner, 250GB hard disc (with the ability to record 2 programs simultaneously) , 1394 and DVI and reported at $1000. It would appear that adding the" AV Disc" to the Promise Module and to the Dish 221 would not allow dual channel recording. That is why many are skipping the module and waiting for the 921. Did you consider that in your decision??

3.Since I do not have an stb with a signal strength meter, and have read on this thread that the Promise Module does not include one, what is the method recommended in the manual for aiming an outdoor antenna??

4. After installing the module, what testing did the technician perform on your set??

Keep up the good work. You two have supplied a lot of good information to other Mitsubishi owners.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1228 Old 01-24-2003, 02:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Mitsubishi called me today to find out how my install went. I told them I was very pleased. They said if I have any problems or questions not to hesitate to call them back. This is to a direct extension single contact person, no waiting on hold!

O.K. now to the questions:

Quote:
1. The manual for the HD2000U states that you CANNOT attach a camcorder NOR a computer to the 1394 port (on the 2000U). Are there any such statements about connectivity limitations for the Promise Module"??? If the same limitations apply then the "AV Disc" will not simply be a computer with a hard drive or an external 1394 hard drive, but will be another overpriced TIVO type unit. If it did allow connection to a computer think of the possibilities.
The only thing I have seen is in regard to a camcorder having to supply an Mpeg2 stream other wise it would not work. I believe that the AV-Disc will be just a 1394 hard drive in one form or another because the PM will be the brains commanding the AV-Disc to record either from an OTA 1394 tuner or a 1394 sat device such as the 921 and 211.

Quote:
2. Many people have mentioned the Dish 221 sat receiver when discussing the Promise Module. Is that a single or dual channel receiver?? Many people have been waiting for the Dish pvr 921 since it is reported to have dual sat tuners, ota tuner, 250GB hard disc (with the ability to record 2 programs simultaneously) , 1394 and DVI and reported at $1000. It would appear that adding the" AV Disc" to the Promise Module and to the Dish 221 would not allow dual channel recording. That is why many are skipping the module and waiting for the 921. Did you consider that in your decision??
I believe the 211 is a single sat tuner. Yes I did consider that in my decision. I plan on getting both the 211 and 921 and network them all together with my D-VHS units or AV-Disc. This way I can record two HD programs simultaneously and watch a third. Ahhh the benefits of networking with 1394. ;)

Quote:
3.Since I do not have an stb with a signal strength meter, and have read on this thread that the Promise Module does not include one, what is the method recommended in the manual for aiming an outdoor antenna??
Tune to the analog channel first as in most cases, the digital broadcast will be coming from the same vicinity. I have the DTC-100 which has the SS meter so I was good from the get go. BTW, the reception of the PM tuner is the best I have seen and I have seen almost all of the new stb's in action.

Quote:
4. After installing the module, what testing did the technician perform on your set??
None. Just checked operation and then I did my own testing. I was recording in minutes.

Kipp
Are you boozen & cruisin the AVS? Join us here ---> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8&page=1&pp=60 good times! www.illinoiscarry.org www.nra.org
post #93 of 1228 Old 01-24-2003, 02:36 PM

OK, I'm cornfused.

Has Mitsubishi stated anywhere that the price for the PM will ever taper off?

$1000 clams for a Promise Module for a 55807 that I paid $2000 clams for?

Why not just buy a new RPTV with DVI/Firewire for $1500 clams?

Or am I missing something here? Is there some future functionality that I should get the PM instaed of a newer RPTV?

Axiomatic
post #94 of 1228 Old 01-24-2003, 03:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Where do you get a new RPTV with DVI and 1394 for $1500.00?

Kipp
Are you boozen & cruisin the AVS? Join us here ---> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8&page=1&pp=60 good times! www.illinoiscarry.org www.nra.org
post #95 of 1228 Old 01-24-2003, 05:47 PM

Kip:

A thought crossed my mind when I read your message that Mitsubishi had called to check and see how everything went with your installation. They even gave a direct phone line to a support technician. It occurred to me when I again went to the Mitsubishi site and saw NO mention of the Promise Module. Combine those facts with the fact that another member was e-mailed that it was available, and that there was NO mention of the module at the CES leads me to one conclusion:

Mitsubishi is doing a limited BETA test of the Promise module, the delivery network, the installation network and the software. Once they are sure that there are no major problems with any segment then they will formally announce the Promise Module.

I'm a BETA test site for medical computer software and I had software modules ~3-4 mos before anyone else. I also had a direct phone line for technical support with a specific technician. Only after I had been using the software for that time frame and major and minor bugs were uncovered and corrected with new software were the modules formally announced on the companies web site. It really seems to me that that is what is happening here. Only after there has been enough experience with a limited number of users will Mitsubishi make a formal announcement. It only makes sense. They're the only company that stuck their necks out to make a promise to upgrade their TVs's. Every other manufacturer says " Tough luck. Buy another TV" They don't want to look like fools.

(I hope I don't have to eat my words when it comes to DVI)

I faxed my agreement form and I'm waiting to get mine installed.

Mike
post #96 of 1228 Old 01-24-2003, 05:50 PM

Has anybody checked the percent of red push present with the PM istalled using Avia?
post #97 of 1228 Old 01-24-2003, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee L
Bruce, can you take a pic of the back of your set? I have a 46807 and Would like to see what it looks like. I doubt I would have any issues with clearance but I am curious.
Hi Lee,
There are no clearance problems with the WT-46807. Anyway, you are just up the road from me. If you like, look me up in the book, and give me a call. I having an HD Super Bowl Party this Sunday.
I have thought that I might record the Super Bowl, transfer it to the computer, edit out the game, and then transfer it back to tape. In other words keeping the commercials. Is't that we all watch the game for! Hey do you think the commercials are copyrighted! :)

Anyway, since the other day I have made 4 timed HD recordings using the Promise Module and my Mits D-VHS. Guys this thing really works great.
So for all of Mitsubishi owners out who want time-shift/archive HD, this is the best solution. It just works right. Oh, my PM justed started its 5th timed recording.

Quote:
Originally posted by Axiomatic
Why not just buy a new RPTV with DVI/Firewire for $1500 clams?
Gee I need a second HD set. What does that thing have a 13inch screen!
Only in your dreams Bud! :)

Bruce.in.Triangle NC
Firewire is alive and kicking!
post #98 of 1228 Old 01-24-2003, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones

I believe the 211 is a single sat tuner. Yes I did consider that in my decision. I plan on getting both the 211 and 921 and network them all together with my D-VHS units or AV-Disc. This way I can record two HD programs simultaneously and watch a third. Ahhh the benefits of networking with 1394. ;)
Hi Kipp, FYI
I have read somewhere last summer that the AV-Disc will handle 4 HD Digital MPEG2 data streams at the same time. instead of you buying both the 211 and 921, you could buy two 211s giving you dual turners and an AV-Disc. You can record three HD programs, one from each 211, one from the PM module and view HD program though the PM using the AV-Disc.

We currently do not know if the 921 will support HAVi. If the 921 does not support HAVi, then you will have to use the componant connection to the Promise Module to view the APGs.

The 211s are going to support HAVi, so the APGs will be viewable throgh the Firewire Interface.

Bruce.in.Triangle NC
post #99 of 1228 Old 01-24-2003, 08:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally posted by UroDoc
Kip:

A thought crossed my mind when I read your message that Mitsubishi had called to check and see how everything went with your installation. They even gave a direct phone line to a support technician. It occurred to me when I again went to the Mitsubishi site and saw NO mention of the Promise Module. Combine those facts with the fact that another member was e-mailed that it was available, and that there was NO mention of the module at the CES leads me to one conclusion:

Mitsubishi is doing a limited BETA test of the Promise module, the delivery network, the installation network and the software. Once they are sure that there are no major problems with any segment then they will formally announce the Promise Module.

I'm a BETA test site for medical computer software and I had software modules ~3-4 mos before anyone else. I also had a direct phone line for technical support with a specific technician. Only after I had been using the software for that time frame and major and minor bugs were uncovered and corrected with new software were the modules formally announced on the companies web site. It really seems to me that that is what is happening here. Only after there has been enough experience with a limited number of users will Mitsubishi make a formal announcement. It only makes sense. They're the only company that stuck their necks out to make a promise to upgrade their TVs's. Every other manufacturer says " Tough luck. Buy another TV" They don't want to look like fools.

(I hope I don't have to eat my words when it comes to DVI)

I faxed my agreement form and I'm waiting to get mine installed.
Mike,
that is definitely a possibility. :) Keep us updated with your progress.

Kipp
post #100 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 04:33 AM

OK, maybe im missing something but,isnt the industry leaning towards DVI-
HDCP?..Clue me in why were so excited??I know Mits is not supporting it but, where does that leave us??
Alex
post #101 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 06:24 AM
Hot
Advanced Member

I am still waiting for my PM to arrive. I have my Mitsubishi HDVCR ready to hook up. Now all we need are Havi enabled digital receivers and DVDs to hook up via IEEE 1394 to get rid of all the wires behind the set.

Mike aka Hot
post #102 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 08:24 AM
wiz

I know this is a little off the path but, does the Mits HDVCR play the HDtheator prerecorded tapes? Trying to make an educated purchase.
post #103 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 08:26 AM
wiz

I know, educated but where did I learn to spell?
post #104 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by wiz
I know this is a little off the path but, does the Mits HDVCR play the HDtheator prerecorded tapes?
No, there is only one JVC model available that plays D-Theater. However based on user reports it seems to be much more relaible than the JVC.

Jay
post #105 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
PQ is better on 1394 and component sources. Why, I do not know. The red push is actually better. It is at a minimum when compared to before.
Kipp,
Did you (or an ISF tech) previously adjust the red push on your set with the I2C fix? Using Avia?

If so, how is it better than before?

And would you be able to use the I2C fix with the PM, if you found it needed adjustment?

Thanks, and congrats on your install. Sounds very cool.
post #106 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

If the promise module connects to the RGB drives, wouldn't the
promise module need a separat color decoder?
post #107 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 12:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally posted by AV8042
OK, maybe im missing something but,isnt the industry leaning towards DVI-
HDCP?..Clue me in why were so excited??I know Mits is not supporting it but, where does that leave us??
Alex

Not necessarily, many have announced support for 1394 on their up coming modules such as Toshiba's recent announcement. Expect many more especially with the tuner mandate on the horizon. Why be excited??? Be cause of all the possibilities of networking 1394 and most of all recording HD. You will surprised by how many devices have 1394. Many here are just caught up in the whole DVI/HDMI/HDCP scare. Don't fall for that.

Here is a list of some of the products that have 1394 and will have 1394:

Products Containing FireWire® and i.LINK® (IEEE 1394) Technology

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consumer Products:
Cables | Audio Equipment | Digital Still Cameras | Digital Video Cameras | Digital Video Players, VTRs, & HD Recorders | Televisions | Set Top Boxes | Audio/Video (AV) Receivers | Digital VHS Players | DVD Players | DVD Recorders | Electronic Game Systems | Miscellaneous

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audio Equipment

Apple computer
IPod MP3 Player

Archos
Jukebox Multimedia MP3 Player

Creative Labs
Nomad Jukebox 3 MP3 Player
Jukebox Zen MP3 Player

Metric Halo
Mobile I/O, 24bit, 96Khz Multi-Channel I/O

Motu
828 Audio Interface
896 96Khz Hard Disk Music Recorder

Panasonic
DVC Pro 50 Tape Deck
DVC Pro HD Tape Deck

RCA
Lyra Personal Jukebox MP3 Player

Yamaha
Audio Amplifier
Gateway
Music Synthesizer
MLAN Music Network System

Digital Still Cameras

Canon
EOS-1D
EOS-1DS DSLR Camera

Fuji Photo Film USA
Luma Professional Camera Back
FINEPIX S2

Foveon Inc.
Foveon II Professional

Imacon Inc.
FlexFrame 3020 Professional Digital Camera Back

Jenoptik Laser
Eyelike MF Professional

Kodak
DCS 315 Professional
DCS 520 Professional
DCS 560 Professional
DCS 620 Professional
DCS 760 Professional
DCS Pro-14n DSLR Professional
DCS Pro Back

Nikon
D1X
D1H

Phase One
LightPhase Single Shot Camera
PowerPhase FX Scanning Back Professional
PowerPhase Light Phase Professional

Digital Video Cameras

Canon
Elura
Elura10
Elura20 MC

Elura40 MC
GL1
GL2
Optura
Optura Pi
Optura100 MC
Optura200 MC
Ultura
Vistura
XL1
XL1S
ZR
ZR10
ZR20
ZR25 MC
ZR30 MC
ZR40
ZR45 MC
ZR50 MC
ZR40MC

JVC
GR-DV3000U MiniDV Cybercam
GR-DV2000U Cybercam
GR-DVP3U Cybercam
GR-DVM96U Cybercam
GR-DVP76U Cybercam
GR-DVL920U Cybercam
GR-DVL820U Cybercam
GR-DVL725U Cybercam
GR-DVL720U Cybercam
GR-DVL520U Cybercam
GR-DVL320U Cybercam
GR-DVL120U Cybercam
GR-DVP7U miniDV Cybercam
GY-DV300 miniDV Camcorder
GR-AX970U Cybercam
GR-SXM240U Cybercam
GR-SXM340U Cybercam

GR-SXM740U Cybercam

Panasonic
PV-DV102 PalmCorder MultiCam
PV-DV202 PalmCorder MultiCam
PV-DV351 PalmCorder
PV-DV401 PalmCorder
PV-DV402 PalmCorder Multicam
PV-DV502 PalmCorder
PV-DV701 PalmCorder
PV-DV702 PalmCorder MultiCam
PV-DV851 PalmCorder
PV-DV852 PalmCorder MultiCam
PV-DV901 PalmCorder
PV-DV952 PalmCorder MultiCam
PV-VM202 PalmCorder MultiCam
AG-DVC200 DV PROLINE Camcorder
AG-DVC100 DV PROLINE Camcorder
AG-DVC15 Mini-DV Cinema Camcorder
AG-EZ50U Palm Size DV Camcorder
Digicam NV-MX5000 3CCD
Digicam NV-GS5K
Digicam NV-EX21
Digicam NV-GX7K
AJ-D410AP DVCPRO Camcorder
PV-DV52 PalmCorder
PV-DC252 PalmCorder

RCA
CC9360 AutoShot MINIDV Compact Digital Camcorder
CC9370 AutoShot MINIDV Compact Digital Camcorder
CC9373 AutoShot MINIDV Compact Digital Camcorder
CC9381 AutoShot MINIDV Compact Digital Camcorder
CC9390 AutoShot MINIDV Compact Digital Camcorder

Samsung
SC-D55 Infrared Digital Camcorder
SC-D67 Infrared DigitalCamcorder
SC-D80 Infrared Digital Camcorder
VP-D 130 PAL Digital Camcorder
VP-D 190 PAL Digital Camcorder

Digital Video Players VTRs, and HD Recorders

Panasonic
DMR-HS2 Personal Video Recorder

Sony
Digital Video Deck
GV-D200 Video Walkman
GV-D300 Video Walkman
GV-D800 Video Walkman
GV-D900 Video Walkman
GV-D1000 Video Walkman
HDCAM HDW-500 Editing VTR
DSR-1500A VTR
DSR-DR1000 Hard Disk Recorder
DSR-DU1 Compact Hard Disk Recorder

Televisions

Hitachi
51XWX 51-inch UltraVision Director's Series HDTV
57XWX 57-inch UltraVision Director's Series HDTV
65XWX 65-inch UltraVision Director's Series HDTV
51SWX20B 51-inch UltraVison Integrated HDTV

Mitsubishi
WS-48511 Platinum Series 48-inch Integrated HDTV
WS-55511 Platinum Series 55-inch Integrated HDTV
WS-65511 Platinum Series 65-inch Integrated HDTV
WS-65611 Platinum Series Plus 65-inch Integrated HDTV
WS-55909 Diamond Series 55-inch Integrated HDTV
WS-55711 Diamond Series 55-inch Integrated HDTV
WS-65711 Diamond Series 65-inch Integrated HDTV
WS-73909 Diamond Series 73-inch Integrated HDTV
WS-73711 Diamond Series 73-inch Integrated HDTV
HD-5010 Plasma Display

Optoma TV
RD 50 High Definition TV
RD 65 High Definition TV

RCA
D34W20 16:9 High Definition CRT Television

Sanyo
Vison Plasma TV PDP-50V1
Vison Plasma TV PDP-42V1
Vison Plasma TV PDP-32V1
Vison Plasma TV PDP-42HD2
Vison Plasma TV PDP-32HD2

Sony
KDP-65X BR2 65-inch projection HDTV
KDP-57X BR2 57-inch projection HDTV
KD-34X BR 34-inch FD Trinitron HDTV
1080i -WS HD Ready TV

Thomson Multimedia
HD65W140 65-inch RCA Scenium HDTV
HD61W140 61-inch RCA Scenium HDTV
HD52W140 52-inch RCA Scenium HDTV

Set Top Boxes

General Instruments
DCT-5000+ Advanced Interactive Digital Consumer Terminal

Mitsubishi
Set-top Box 1394 TV Adapter

Pace Micro Technology
Pace 550 HD Set Top Box

Panasonic

TU-DST50 DTV Decoder Set Top Box
EP Station EP-T100
EP Station EP-S100
EP Station EP-P100
EP Station EP-V100

Samsung
DCATV 2300RC Digital Set Top Box
SIR-T165 Digital Set Top Converter Box
SIR-T151 Digital Set Top Converter Box
SIR-TS160
T165

Scientific Atlanta
Explorer 2000 Advanced Digital Set Top Box
Explorer 8000 Digital Set Top Box

Sony
SAS-MS9SET Set Top Box

Audio/Video (AV) Receivers

B&K Components
AVR 307

Pioneer
VSX-49TXi

Digital VHS Players

JVC
HM-DH3000
HM-DH 3000U
TU-9000 Personal Video Recorder

Mitsubishi
HS-HD110OU
HS-HD2000U

Panasonic
PV-HD1000
NV-DHE20
NV-DH2

Sony
DHR-1000
DSR-1500A VTR
DSR-2000p PAL DVCAM VTR

DVD Players

Pioneer
Elite DV-47Ai Universal DVD Player

DVD Recorders

Philips
DVDR 1500
DVDR 1000
DVDR 985

Electronic Game Systems

Sony
PlayStation 2

Consumer Miscellaneous

TVOne
DV-2001 DV-Analog Converter

MacroSystem
Casablanca Avio DV Pro Nonlinear Professional Editing System

Broadax Systems
Portable Video Editing Station

Kipp
post #108 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 12:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot
I am still waiting for my PM to arrive. I have my Mitsubishi HDVCR ready to hook up. Now all we need are Havi enabled digital receivers and DVDs to hook up via IEEE 1394 to get rid of all the wires behind the set.

These devices are will be coming in the near future. :)

Kipp
post #109 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 12:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally posted by dbochniak
Kipp,
Did you (or an ISF tech) previously adjust the red push on your set with the I2C fix? Using Avia?

And would you be able to use the I2C fix with the PM, if you found it needed adjustment?

I did all of the calibrations on my set and adjusted the red push. I did not use the I2C fix but did use Avia. I still do not know why the red push is better but it is. It is not completely gone. You should still be able to do the I2C fix after the PM install. Bruce is planning on doing this.

Kipp
post #110 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 12:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally posted by Craigslue
If the promise module connects to the RGB drives, wouldn't the
promise module need a separat color decoder?
It does not connect to the RGB drives.

Kipp
post #111 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 01:22 PM

I'm getting the PM. I have a couple questions on the install first will I need to disconnect all my cables from the back of the TV? I have a lot of cables going to the TV with 12' runs so why I'm asking is because i will need to tag all these cables. Also do you need external power for the PM?

THANKS

Dennis
post #112 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 01:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Dennis,
I would recommend disconnecting all of your cables and labeling them. This will help simplify the install. It will go much smoother with them out of the way. Your sets existing power cord will plug into the PM. The PM will then plug in to the power source (outlet or surge protector) where your sets power cord was plugged into.

Kipp
post #113 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 02:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

For those of you looking to integrate your HTPC's or just your computer. The PM will provide the 1394 connection.

http://www.havi.org./news/press/jan6.html

FireBus® PC Digital Video Recorder: Starting Feb 2003 VividLogic will be releasing its PC Digital Video Recorder software that allows any Windows XP based PC (or laptop) to seamlessly connect to a commercial DTV and act like a Digital Audio Video Disk. The PC can be discovered by the DTV by merely connecting the IEEE 1394 interfaces and using the DTV remote control one can store HD content (in the clear) on the PC, retrieve the Table of Contents of AV content from the PC and play back to the DTV.

Kipp
post #114 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 02:25 PM
AVS Club Gold

Looks like I am buying a new PC with the largest hard drive I can find. Tivo who???

I am thinking this is the AV-Disc idea in one form the PM manual was referring to.

Kipp
post #115 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 04:53 PM

THANK YOU.

Dennis
post #116 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dbochniak
Kipp,

Hi Dbadchriak,
I have never done the I2C fix on my set before. I have been the Red-Push Attenuators that I made from instructions obtain on the Home Theater Spot forum. I have already built the I2C interface and used it to record my EEPROM values.

The Promise does not connect to the I2C interface of the TV. So yes the I2C fix can still be used.

Since Kipp has the JVC D-VHS, maybe he can get the D-Theater Digital Video Essentials 1080I tape and measure the red push. I have already determine using visual inspection that the red-push is lower when using the PM compared to my SR-HD5.

I was thinking it might be possible to make a calibration tape using AVIA and transfer some of the geometry and color bar items to D-VHS. I going to start to experiment within the next couple of weeks.

For my Super Bowl party tomorrow, I have place the RED-PUSH Attenuator back onto the SR_HD5 STB. Theres some programming on NBC & CBS that I will be recording while my party is watching the Super Bowl.

Bruce.in.Triangle NC
post #117 of 1228 Old 01-25-2003, 08:41 PM

I'm not familiar with the "I2C fix". I've ordered the Avia disc and I was planning to do any adjustments at that time after the Promise Module was installed. Can you digress a little and educate me and give me the sites I should read to better understand. I've read a little about "Red Push" but have done nothing yet.

Mike
post #118 of 1228 Old 01-26-2003, 07:49 AM

I will need a 14' Firewire (IEEE1394) cable to go from my PM to my JVC vcr. Where can i get one this long?

THANKS

Dennis
post #119 of 1228 Old 01-26-2003, 08:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Dennis,
Radio Shack has a 14.5 ft cable 4pin to 4pin. You will be very pleased with the operation of your JVC as the PM controls mine perfectly. The recordings are flawless.

Mike,
Bruce can fill you in on the I2C fix.

Kipp
post #120 of 1228 Old 01-26-2003, 01:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mits suggests not going over 15' in length between devices with the 1394 cable. Anyone using a longer length without any issues?

Kipp
Closed Thread HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page