AVS Forum banner

Guying existing pole: product recommendations?

419 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  rabbit73 
#1 ·
I have a 12-14' steel antenna pole that I realize needs guying as it is swaying in the wind more than I am comfortable with and don't want it to snap during spring storms. Problem is, all the kits I'm seeing at Amazon, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. all have pre-made clamps that are to be slipped on the pole before everything is assembled, and it's effectively too late for that with my setup (without considerable labor to take it down that is).

I'm good with the actual steps of setting up the guy wires and anchoring them, as I've read up on that and watched YouTube videos on what needs to be done, but what would be the best way to connect them to this existing pole -- Ideally something that goes around the pole and then clamps/fastens as opposed to already being sold that way, but I haven't found any such products. Any recommendations?

(Note - I'm aware of thread rules about posting location etc. but this seems to be question that's not location-dependent. Mods, if I still need to, let me know.)

#5 · (Edited)
1 1/4" - yes. Thanks! This looks like it should work just fine. I actually saw these online yesterday but didn't realize they came apart to slide around the mast. Now I see on closer inspection that it should.

To answer other questions:

-Base is in 80 lbs concrete in a hole, fence-post style.
-AntennasDirect 4-bay UHF antenna at the top

Thanks, question answered!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.