AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone order the direct tv $399. HD package yet? need help!

953 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  leesweet 
#1 ·
I am curious if anyone had ordered the package yet and just what receiver it comes with? I've been in contact with direct tv and all they can tell me is either a hughes or a samsung..No model numbers. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it and also is it a good deal? Thanks:)

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ex007
D* will send either a Samsung TS160 or Hughes E86. However, instead of ordering the $399 package, I had customer retention give me a $200 credit when I activated an HD receiver. I just ordered the new Hughes HLTHD for $369 from circuitcity.com. :D

Does that mean that from the savings, you have to arrange for you own dish and installation?

#6 ·
I just order a 3-rooom package from American Satellite which included one TS-160, two S300W's, the 3LNB Oval dish and professional installation. I'm a new DirecTV customer (couldn't wait any longer for Comcast to deliver HD). I paid $749, but was guaranteed the equipment I would receive.

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JCCool
What number did you call when you got your service credit? I've tried to different numbers and two different reps and they both said that they do not do any kind of service credit for going out and buying our own HD equipment?

Thanks,

JCCool
Call D* and ask to speak with a customer rentention rep. Each CR rep. is authorized to credit up to $200 to "retain" a disgruntled customer. Be pleasant and courteous. You should be able to get the credit without too much trouble.

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ex007
D* will send either a Samsung TS160 or Hughes E86. However, instead of ordering the $399 package, I had customer retention give me a $200 credit when I activated an HD receiver. I just ordered the new Hughes HLTHD for $369 from circuitcity.com. :D
How did you bargain with them? Threaten nicely to switch over to cable?:)

Also, was that a sale at Circuitcity.com because the price I get for that Hughes HTLHD is $549.99?

Thanks.

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by brewda0075
I am curious if anyone had ordered the package yet and just what receiver it comes with? I've been in contact with direct tv and all they can tell me is either a hughes or a samsung..No model numbers. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it and also is it a good deal? Thanks:)
There's been a huge chain on this elsewhere in this forum. Pretty much everyone, including me, has liked the package they've received. Nearly everyone that has replied has received the Samsung unit. I don't remember anyone getting the Hughes.

#12 ·
Well, as for the 'credit' from D*, I assume it helps to not be under contract with them! :) I tried the 'I bought a box, how about some incentive to do HD with you as opposed to take it back and get Voom (or something)' and it didn't fly. I do assume that was because the only leverage I had was the HD service ($11/month) and not the whole thing... oh, well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.