The Master Samsung 360 topic - Page 74 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2191 of 2208 Old 08-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am no expert on this but I have read where some stations are sending out different signals on certain channels and I don't think it is your 360 or it could be different signals that the Sammy can not decipher which causes the lockup. Alot of the ota tuners are different my 360 will get more info on what is on than my ota tuner on my sony. My 360 requires reboot every couple of months also. For now I would delete the channel, I live in Memphis, TN and we only have one channel for FOX. You could also try doing a reset of removing your zip code and clearing out all you ota channels and then doing a rescan of all your digital ota channels. My 360 has also locked up where the remote was no use. This receivers tuner is old tech, I have read where the new directv h20 picks up great ota but you have to subscribe to directv and the hd package to get it.
Seriously try clearing out all your ota channels first do a hard reset with the red button after that then do you channel scan.
Hope this helps
jdmac29
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2208 Old 08-13-2006, 03:00 PM

Liked: 10
Okay, here's an update. I was flipping through the channels again and inadvertently tuned to channel 5-2 (FOX in NY) and the tuner locked up. Nothing I did would get it unlocked - rebooting - unplugging - etc. Called Dtv and the rep said that they were having problems with many of their high def tuners trying to acquire weak OTA signals causing the tuner to lock up. Apparently there is a signal and in the process of trying to lock on the channel the receiver freezes. He offered to send me a refurb'd H20 to replace the Sammy but I'd have to commit to another 2yrs I told him thanks but no thanks. Just got FIOS internet and waiting for the tv service. I managed to unlock/unfreeze the receiver by disconnecting the OTA antenna and rebooting. I then deleted out the sub channel that was giving me trouble. Just an FYI for anyone who encounters this problem.
flattie
post #2193 of 2208 Old 08-13-2006, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by flattie View Post

Okay, here's an update. I was flipping through the channels again and inadvertently tuned to channel 5-2 (FOX in NY) and the tuner locked up. Nothing I did would get it unlocked - rebooting - unplugging - etc. Called Dtv and the rep said that they were having problems with many of their high def tuners trying to acquire weak OTA signals causing the tuner to lock up. Apparently there is a signal and in the process of trying to lock on the channel the receiver freezes. He offered to send me a refurb'd H20 to replace the Sammy but I'd have to commit to another 2yrs I told him thanks but no thanks. Just got FIOS internet and waiting for the tv service. I managed to unlock/unfreeze the receiver by disconnecting the OTA antenna and rebooting. I then deleted out the sub channel that was giving me trouble. Just an FYI for anyone who encounters this problem.
flattie

I never encountered the issue with the 5-2 subchannel that you talked about...but I've had the issue with my RCA DTC210 (which is now unsubbed as is my 360). Ironically, my HDTIVO's have NO ISSUES with the 5-2 subchannels and my OLD OLD Hughes E86 also has no problems with that subchannel.

Luckily its a useless subchannel and not something I'd even think to watch. The issues I encountered were when the kids (or the wife) would tune by 5-2
post #2194 of 2208 Old 08-16-2006, 06:32 AM
lwh

I have two of these I want to use as OTA HD tuners. I bought them used without dishes. One has a card and works fine, even partly works without the card in it.
The other complains about "Invalid Access Card" every time I try to do anything, it's not set to "No Dish" and all the menu items are greyed out. There is a spot in the "Menu+Right" menu that looks like its for reinstalling the card but when I try that it just says "Invalid Access Card" . Think the card reader is broken? or do some of them need different cards i.e. P5 P6? Can a new card be used without installing directTv?
post #2195 of 2208 Old 08-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I just upgraded on Saturday to a new H20, and I deactivated my samsung 360 today. I will check and see if the ota tuner can be used tonight. If you are interested in another one if you can not get yours to work please private message me.
post #2196 of 2208 Old 08-29-2006, 11:24 AM

I just picked up a set of 3 receivers off of eBay. Does anyone know if I have to do anything special to receive the firmware upgrade? One of the receivers is still at 1.2.03, another is at 1.2.16, and the last is at 1.2.35. I hooked up the two non-updated receivers and swapped them into service, but I was wondering how long it might take for them to receive the update or if I might need to request the update get sent down the satellite. Does anyone have any recent experience?

--Perry
post #2197 of 2208 Old 08-29-2006, 12:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by paeriscope View Post

but I was wondering how long it might take for them to receive the update or if I might need to request the update get sent down the satellite. Does anyone have any recent experience?

You have to wait until DTV sends down the updates again, it's not something that you can request them to do. It could be anywhere from hours, days, weeks or even months before they schedule them to be sent down.
post #2198 of 2208 Old 08-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx00 View Post

Has anyone heard of this problem:

I have my basic cable hooked up to the TS360. It maps all my analog cable channels in no problem (yet at least). However, when I go from a DirecTV channel to an analog cable channel, I loose (drop) sound on that analog cable channel. I am able to restore sound a couple of ways. One is to hit the INFO button twice, which causes the unit to re-tune the analog cable channel, and then I hit EXIT. Another is to hit the "Audio" button on the remote, and then just re-select my current audio setting. Finally I can usually just tune to another analog cable channel and everything is fine. Note that the DirecTV channels never loose/drop sound, they work fine the whole time.

Anyone heard of this? I searched quite a bit, but found no results.

I am running Software version 1.2.35.

Any help greatly appreciated! :-)

I can't help you fix the problem, but just wanted you to know that mine does the same thing. I have programmed my Pronto remote with a button to reset the audio via the 2nd method you mention. For me, this loss of audio ONLY happens when I tune certain OTA HD stations. Any d* station or OTA anolog station works fine, only OTA HD stations seem to cause a problem and not all of them. I have assumed there is a difference in their PSIP or something.

For reference, this does not happen on my Sony HD-100 receiver.

Roger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2199 of 2208 Old 10-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Advanced Member

FYI to anyobody that goes through what I and seemingly many others have before.

Read THIS thread if you have had your 160 or 360 unplugged for a prolonged period of time and then go to use the unit and get nothing or just some clicking noises from the box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2200 of 2208 Old 12-24-2006, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elove View Post

Is anyone seeing green flashes, breakups, pixelization on TNT-HD on their Samsung TS-360 HD receiver. This is the only channel, I am having a problem with. I tried rebooting with the red button and I am still experiencing problems. It was tough trying to watch the Closer last night. At one point, the receiver locked up on me. I haven't tried a hard reboot (i.e., unplug it).

Thanks!

I have seen this but only on ESPN-HD and UHD (Channels 73 and 74). It has happened 3-4 times the past 6 weeks, out of the blue, at night. Both channels are affected equally during both programming and commericals.

No problems with other D* HD channels.

Resetting the two-year old TS-360 doesn't fix the problem.

No weather issues.

Signal strength on Sat C (110) transponder 12 (where these two channels reside) is always 90+. Voltages on the test channels look fine.

The next morning, all is well.

I have an Oval 3-LNB dish with powered multiswitch. Could be one of the LNBs. Could be the multiswitch. Someone PM'd me with the exact same problem but never replied with what receiver he has.

Is there anyone else with the TS-360 that has experienced this problem of late?
post #2201 of 2208 Old 03-14-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post

Just bought a used 360 today. The previous owner used the 4-digit lock code. Does anyone know how to clear this?

[otherwise I'll have to wait for a response from the seller.]

I have the same problem. Going into the service menu doesn't work because when you choose factory default it asked for the lock code. Help please or do I just need to buy another card?

HLT6187 SAX, firmware 1008
post #2202 of 2208 Old 03-15-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flattie View Post

flattie

This will be the only fix, as you see DirecTv is owned by Fox and it so happens this " Lock up signal " is transmitted by FOX to get you to upgrade to one of their boxes which are now leased and also extend your contract, I would bet reports of these lock ups came around the same time as DirecTv was going leasing and cutting off third party receivers. Also I would wager Directv doesn't appreciate samsung giving consumers a choice of cable /satellite / OTA from a box they had to subsidize......so you see they figure that they could get a high turnover rate of unsuspecting consumers to convert from the old model ( not leasing ) to their new model ( leasing / longer contract ) by simply tweaking their signal. You may believe this is a Conspirory theory but if you know that the core Financial Models of these companies is built on squeezing their customers rather than acquiring new ones then you will see "everything is on the table"
post #2203 of 2208 Old 03-15-2007, 04:52 PM

Can you use any activated card on this unit? The one I currently have has the 4 digit pass on it, wondering if I can buy an activated card and plug it in. All I want is OTA HD, can't choose 'no dish' w/o 4 digit pass code.

HLT6187 SAX, firmware 1008
post #2204 of 2208 Old 03-16-2007, 01:30 PM

Anyone else seeing this?

I bring up the guide, select search, title, select the first letter and when the box goes to search it reboots... and has to find satellites and re-acquire the guide...

Does not do it every time and I'm not sure what conditions have to be met to cause the reboot...

Wonder if this is going to be another D* 'push to lease' problem?

I am interested in the HR20 (see this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=820584 ), but am not sure if it's the route I want to go.

-- Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.
post #2205 of 2208 Old 03-16-2007, 10:24 PM

does the samsung 360 work with analog cable??

what i mean is will i get a useable guide interface for my analog cable channels 2 thru 75..

i could care less about QAM capaibilities..

also does it have an EPG for over the OTA signals or does it say something lame like digital service like my dish vip 211 does??

please help as i plan on purchasing one of these units real soon.

thanks.
post #2206 of 2208 Old 03-19-2007, 02:42 AM

New (to me) question: Does the 360 do MPEG 4?

Thanks

-- Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.
post #2207 of 2208 Old 03-19-2007, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJRW View Post

New (to me) question: Does the 360 do MPEG 4?

Thanks

No.

SMK
post #2208 of 2208 Old 07-29-2007, 05:03 PM

has anyone else had the deinterlacing function go out on they're 360?
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page