The Official AVS Antenna and Related Hardware Topic! - Page 541 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #16201 of 16297 Old 06-03-2014, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thank you, Calaveras!

> Most of the power is directed out horizontally. 

We are not going to live in this house with antennas, but in front of it.  Does it mean that if our windows are on the same level as these antennas, we'll get the most amount of radiation?

Also, are these cell antennas indeed?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16202 of 16297 Old 06-03-2014, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiii View Post

...> Most of the power is directed out horizontally.
We are not going to live in this house with antennas, but in front of it. Does it mean that if our windows are on the same level as these antennas, we'll get the most amount of radiation?...

Female Reporter #1: Well, how much radiation are we being exposed to right now?

Ross Denton (played by Richard Benjamin): Well, I'm sure all of us here have been to the doctor and had our chest x-ray, haven't we? Well, it's just like that, only it's as if the doctor had to give you the chest x-ray over, and over, and over again. Or, it's like falling asleep under a sun lamp for a week or two! Or, it's like drying your hair in a microwave oven! And to give you some idea of how little danger there actually is, President Carter will be here tomorrow. Now, gentlemen, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Yes, I'm sorry I have to cut this press conference short, but now I'd like to hand the stage over to the Two Mile players! They're a pro-nuclear mime troope, and they're going to perform a little skit for you, kids!
post #16203 of 16297 Old 06-03-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Unless you are IN-THE-BEAM and less than a few FEET from the Celluar Antennas, they aren't a Radiation Health Threat:
http://hps.org/publicinformation/ate/faqs/cellphoneqa.html

The REAL CONCERN is that CELLPHONE you are holding right up to your HEAD for many hours a day......which is completely discounted by many "Official" sources as being a Health Threat....and if there WAS a real, provable problem, they would be banned:
http://cellphonehealthfacts.com

BTW: Because the frequency and strength of these Radio Waves is too low to actually IONIZE atoms, the only physical effect is to increase the HEAT of an irradiated object (like your HEAD).....which is barely enough to even measure. You get a LOT more HEAT by laying out in the SUN.....or staying in the SHADE at some Tropical locales....
post #16204 of 16297 Old 06-05-2014, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I agree about the cell phones to the head. They will cause brain tumors. Use the speaker phone and keep the phone away from your head.
post #16205 of 16297 Old 06-07-2014, 12:37 AM
AVS Special Member

CM4228 Analyzed to Determine the Screen Reflector's Grid Size Effectiveness:

I wondered what was the most effective Gird Size in a Screen Grid Reflector, esp. given that the Wind Resistance
was HALF as much if the Height and Width were both doubled in size. The fol. results "should" be typical for
many other 4-Bay and 8-Bay Antennas....

So I added Grid Size Effectiveness Charts for 0.5"Hx1"W, 1"Hx2"W, 2"Hx2"W and 4"Hx4"W:
http://imageevent.com/holl_ands/multibay/8bayrefl/oldcm4228wrefl

ERRATA: Finally found suspected error in above Chart for F/B Ratio with 0.5"Hx1"W Grid size....
When I copied Raw Gain Spread Sheet for F/B & F/R, it was still pointing to Net Gain vice F/B Ratio data column.
Updated Charts are shown below. 4nec2 Charts are NOT affected.

Also added 3"Hx2"W....which nicely fits in-between plots for 2"Hx2"W and 4"Hx4"w.
Plots for 1"Hx1"W and 2"Hx4"W are not included, since they were within a few tenths of a dB of 1"Hx2"W and 2"Hx2"W respectively.
The spacing of the HORIZONTAL wires primarily determine performance, since Vertical Wires have only minimal effect on Horizontally Polarized signals.

REVISED NARRATIVE:
Added Grid Size Effectiveness Charts for 0.5"Hx1"W, 1"Hx2"W, 2"Hx2"W, 3"Hx2"W and 4"Hx4"W.
Raw Gain was about the SAME, except (as expected) some loss with and about 1-2 dB LOSS for 4"Hx4"W.
Front/Back Ratio was much better with 1"Hx2"W than 0.5"Hx1"W and progressively lower for 2"Hx2"W, 3"Hx2"W and 4"Hx4"W.
Front/Rear Ratio was about the SAME with 1"Hx2"W and 0.5"Hx1"W and progressively lower for 2"Hx2"W, 3"Hx2"W and 4"Hx4"W.

Old%20CM4228%20with%20Var%20Refl%20Grid%20Sizes%20-%20UHF%20Raw%20and%20Net%20Gain.jpg

Old%20CM4228%20with%20Var%20Refl%20Grid%20Sizes%20-%20UHF%20F_R%20and%20F_B%20Ratios.jpg
post #16206 of 16297 Old 06-09-2014, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Don't know if this is the right place for this.......

Hi, I am pretty knowledgeable about alot of things on the house, but electronics is a mystery to me. And I don't have a dad or brother to ask these things of. Please help me figure out which antenna I need. 

I live in Boca Raton, FL zip 33487. My house is single story. I want to put a whole house antenna in the attic. Currently, I have an amplified splitter (plugged into electric with cable TV line) with 7 dedicated lines going to each room.

When I look up the address on those sites, it says I have a strong signal from both West Palm Beach and Miami. It says I am 30 miles from towers in West Palm and 50 from Miami. It says West Palm is 20 degrees and Miami is 300 degrees. From that info, that I have signals due north and due south, I believe I need a multidirectional antenna........correct?

Now, which one...........? I read about them on Amazon etc. but unfortunately, I don't understand the technical jargon that people who know about these things use. I chatted with a rep at one of the big online sellers of amplifiers and he suggested a DB8e antenna, a VHF antenna retro fit kit and a 9 way HD drop bidirectional amp CDA8 for $285.

I have a Roku and have been living with that since Comcast cut me off after they figured out they left basic cable on my TV's when I cut the cord. But I want to get this done. I have started and stopped many times because I'm afraid of buying the wrong thing. I don't mind spending the money. I want to do it once and do it right. I don't have 7 TV's right now, but I want the house to be set up for more if I buy them. Several are still analog right now and I use Roku with those. 

Thank you for any help...........Nina in Florida

post #16207 of 16297 Old 06-10-2014, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 119
We currently in need of TV reception indoors, this is a factory building (about 24ft high) so there could be a lot of interference and it also has a metal roof.

Some TVs are needed near the center of the building.

installing an outside antenna and running coax is out of the question (leased building they won't allow this)

Any good indoor antennas that could pull this off?

Thanks

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #16208 of 16297 Old 06-10-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

We currently in need of TV reception indoors, this is a factory building (about 24ft high) so there could be a lot of interference and it also has a metal roof.

installing an outside antenna and running coax is out of the question (leased building they won't allow this)

Thanks

Hi,

If there is one, you have found the goose that lays golden eggs. :cool:

One solution would be like my DTV system.

Mount an antenna near the outside and connect it to a HDHomeRUN tuner connected to a wireless router.

Then a wireless laptop could use the tuner and drive a large TV using HDMI.

Works great for me. YMMV

SHF

post #16209 of 16297 Old 06-10-2014, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

ERRATA to Post #16205 above: Finally found suspected error in above Chart for F/B Ratio with 0.5"Hx1"W Grid size....
When I copied Raw Gain Spread Sheet for F/B & F/R, it was still pointing to Net Gain vice F/B Ratio data column.
Updated Charts are shown above. 4nec2 Charts are NOT affected.

Also added 3"Hx2"W....which nicely fits in-between plots for 2"Hx2"W and 4"Hx4"w.
Plots for 1"Hx1"W and 2"Hx4"W are not included, since they were within a few tenths of a dB of 1"Hx2"W and 2"Hx2"W respectively.
The spacing of the HORIZONTAL wires primarily determine performance, since Vertical Wires have only minimal effect on Horizontally Polarized signals.
post #16210 of 16297 Old 06-10-2014, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by holl_ands View Post

ERRATA to Post #16205 above: Finally found suspected error in above Chart for F/B Ratio with 0.5"Hx1"W Grid size....

Quote:
Originally Posted by holl_ands View Post

Would a change in the gauge of the grid bars affect this?
post #16211 of 16297 Old 06-10-2014, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alittleredhen View Post

Don't know if this is the right place for this.......

Hi, I am pretty knowledgeable about alot of things on the house, but electronics is a mystery to me. And I don't have a dad or brother to ask these things of. Please help me figure out which antenna I need. 

I live in Boca Raton, FL zip 33487. My house is single story. I want to put a whole house antenna in the attic. Currently, I have an amplified splitter (plugged into electric with cable TV line) with 7 dedicated lines going to each room.

When I look up the address on those sites, it says I have a strong signal from both West Palm Beach and Miami. It says I am 30 miles from towers in West Palm and 50 from Miami. It says West Palm is 20 degrees and Miami is 300 degrees. From that info, that I have signals due north and due south, I believe I need a multidirectional antenna........correct?

Now, which one...........? I read about them on Amazon etc. but unfortunately, I don't understand the technical jargon that people who know about these things use. I chatted with a rep at one of the big online sellers of amplifiers and he suggested a DB8e antenna, a VHF antenna retro fit kit and a 9 way HD drop bidirectional amp CDA8 for $285.

I have a Roku and have been living with that since Comcast cut me off after they figured out they left basic cable on my TV's when I cut the cord. But I want to get this done. I have started and stopped many times because I'm afraid of buying the wrong thing. I don't mind spending the money. I want to do it once and do it right. I don't have 7 TV's right now, but I want the house to be set up for more if I buy them. Several are still analog right now and I use Roku with those. 

Thank you for any help...........Nina in Florida

You should post this on the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale HDTV thread and be sure to include a link to your TV Fool report.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/43823/miami-ft-lauderdale-fl-hdtv
post #16212 of 16297 Old 06-10-2014, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcollns View Post

Would a change in the gauge of the grid bars affect this?
Wire Size for Screen Grid Reflector isn't very important as long as it's in the "realistic" range of AWG18 to say AWG8.
And FYI for other Antennas Modelers: Surface Patch (alternative option) doesn't even HAVE an entry for the solid surface thickness....
post #16213 of 16297 Old 06-12-2014, 04:55 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
advice

Hi All

I'm very new to this and want to add an antenna in my attic as I slowly migrate away from Directv and my $100/mo cable bill.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c68f89ba456a

I ran this report and don't know what type of antenna to get. I just want to reach the nashville locals (big 4+pbs). I have a 2 story house and would much rather put the antenna in my attic which has really good line of sight south towards the broadcast towers.

I already have coax in my attic that I can tap into but I'm not sure if and where I'd put an amp.

all help is greatly appreciated!
post #16214 of 16297 Old 06-12-2014, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged1 View Post
Hi All

I'm very new to this and want to add an antenna in my attic as I slowly migrate away from Directv and my $100/mo cable bill.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c68f89ba456a

I ran this report and don't know what type of antenna to get. I just want to reach the nashville locals (big 4+pbs). I have a 2 story house and would much rather put the antenna in my attic which has really good line of sight south towards the broadcast towers.

I already have coax in my attic that I can tap into but I'm not sure if and where I'd put an amp.

all help is greatly appreciated!

Your TV Fool report says more than half your stations are not line of sight so this could be a problem for an attic installation. I assume you want all the stations at 263 and 220 degrees. You can probably split the difference at 240 degrees. You have channels 8 and 10 so you need high VHF in addition to UHF. I'd get the largest antenna in the Antennacraft HBU series or the Winegard HD769xP series you can fit in the attic. Since you have some very strong signals I would try it without a preamp first. It might be subject to overload. If you can't get everything you want then an outdoor installation is the next step.
post #16215 of 16297 Old 06-12-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaveras View Post
Your TV Fool report says more than half your stations are not line of sight so this could be a problem for an attic installation. I assume you want all the stations at 263 and 220 degrees. You can probably split the difference at 240 degrees. You have channels 8 and 10 so you need high VHF in addition to UHF. I'd get the largest antenna in the Antennacraft HBU series or the Winegard HD769xP series you can fit in the attic. Since you have some very strong signals I would try it without a preamp first. It might be subject to overload. If you can't get everything you want then an outdoor installation is the next step.
okay, thank you for that info. I do have the option to mount an antenna on the old Directv Mast but it's on the back side of the house and really in the opposite facing of the towers. Does that matter that I would have the peak of the roof in the way?

I have to believe that mounting inside the attic is actually a better solution since i can't mount on the front slope of my roof and i don't have a chimney.

thoughts?
post #16216 of 16297 Old 06-12-2014, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged1 View Post
okay, thank you for that info. I do have the option to mount an antenna on the old Directv Mast but it's on the back side of the house and really in the opposite facing of the towers. Does that matter that I would have the peak of the roof in the way?
There would be no benefit to have it outside just to look through the roof twice. Try the attic and see if you receive all the stations you want. Results vary so widely that no one can predict in advance exactly what your results will be.

Every location has a minimum installation required to receive the stations you want. If an outdoor antenna at 30' is required then there is no magic antenna that will perform the same in a lesser installation. All you can do is hope that the antenna you're wiling to install will meet your reception requirements.
post #16217 of 16297 Old 06-13-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaveras View Post
There would be no benefit to have it outside just to look through the roof twice. Try the attic and see if you receive all the stations you want. Results vary so widely that no one can predict in advance exactly what your results will be.

Every location has a minimum installation required to receive the stations you want. If an outdoor antenna at 30' is required then there is no magic antenna that will perform the same in a lesser installation. All you can do is hope that the antenna you're wiling to install will meet your reception requirements.
excellent...thank you. that's what I assumed. I didn't think putting it on the backside of my house would help. Plus my attic install spot would be higher obviously.

I currently have one of those mohu leaf antennas and put it on top of tv cabinet in the first floor of our house and pick up all the network stations I want with just a tiny bit of interference on a couple channels. I'm sure it's an inferior antenna and it's definitely mounted far lower in my house so I have to assume a higher powered antenna like you suggest will outperform.

thoughts...
post #16218 of 16297 Old 06-14-2014, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Maybe you can mount on the peak end of your roof like I did? I can post more pics if you want to try that.

99.5% Dark Matter

Last edited by Ennui; 06-14-2014 at 04:23 PM.
post #16219 of 16297 Old 06-23-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Thanks
Hi,

While fixing up my bookmarks for the new (old) system I found this, really no help for the OP but may be of help for some people.

EV's Recommended & Top Rated DTV Indoor UHF/VHF Set Top Antenna Review Round-Up Guide

SHF
post #16220 of 16297 Old 06-30-2014, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Thanks
Metal roof is probably going to cause problems.

Unless you can site antenna thru a window, and /or are extremely close to the towers to get any kind of decent reception most likely a outside antenna will be needed... only other options are cable, and or satellite.

Q: You say they.won't allow a outside antenna, as in they don't want you drilling holes in their building?
If that is their only concern you could run the coax thru a roof vent and use a tripod with sand bags to weigh down antenna.

I seriously doubt they are going to use the excuse they don't want a antenna on the roof for "aesthetic reasons" on a "factory building", if so ask them to weigh the amount of money they are getting each month in rent on that factory building vs your need for a antenna.

BTW: If the building landlords agree to allowing a outside antenna to be installed or refuse, do a follow-up post detailing the entire affair. Such info might help others in a similar situation.

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone69; 06-30-2014 at 09:44 AM.
post #16221 of 16297 Old 06-30-2014, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Antenna inside cabinet & Missing one channel only

I have a flat screen TV mounted inside a kitchen cabinet.
The antenna is an indoor RCA ANT1400 from Best Buy located behind the vertical 'board' that is used to mount the flat screen inside the cab.

I get all the OTA networks fantastically - except one - the local NBC affiliate.
I tried moving antenna all around back there & still can't catch NBC unless the TV swings away from inside the cab a bit.
Strange but when the TV swings out - NBC works.
But when the TV is pushed back flat against the mounting board inside the cab, NBC signal goes dark.

The coax seem tights & all other channels come through regardless of position of TV.
Is this a reception problem or is it hardware?

My stats are as follows:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c6f5e29e2ce5

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One

Last edited by tripleM; 06-30-2014 at 01:14 PM.
post #16222 of 16297 Old 06-30-2014, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleM View Post

My stats are as follows:
It looks to me like an antenna selection problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFool
WWBT (Digital)

Channel: 12 (12.1)
Network: NBC
Maximum ERP: 26.000 kW
Coordinates: 37.506536 -77.503041

You may need an antenna that gets VHF-Hi as WWBT is not UHF.

SHF
post #16223 of 16297 Old 06-30-2014, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

If you can't get OTA DTV to work, you are a perfect candidate for COMCAST Cable TV. Call and ask about the cost (Introductory & AFTER the intro rate, est. $20/mo) of JUST "Limited Basic" (ONLY Local Channels and a few "gimmies") and also when bundled with Internet and/or Phone service (maybe $50/mo....you will NOT readily find the cost listed on their website....cable companies don't want people to KNOW about this low-cost option..sometimes called "Lifeline"):
http://customer.comcast.com/help-and...ed-basic-cable
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/forums/...&filter=labels

They also don't want you to know the low cost of their LEAST EXPENSIVE Digital Tier....the FAMILY TIER....and carefully find out if you have to pay for it on TOP of the cost of "Limited Basic":
http://customer.comcast.com/help-and...-tier-channels
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/forums/...?q=family+tier

If you MUST have Internet Service for your business (doesn't everyone), then adding a BUNCH of Digital TV Channels is only another $20/mo plus whatever (Free now, $2/mo later???) COMCAST is charging for the DTA (Digital Terminal Adapter) since I think they have gone to ALL Digital eliminating ALL Analog TV Channels. Obviously, they have a wide variety of Internet Data Rates to chose from.
http://www.comcastauthorizedoffers.c...inity-internet

Some curtent Deals:
http://www.comcastauthorizedoffers.c...est/xfinity-tv
http://www.comcast.com/cable-internet-packages.html
http://www.comcastauthorizedoffers.c...y-bundle-deals

They ALWAYS have a lower Intro Cost...be sure to ask about what the cost is AFTER the Intro period, presuming you sign up for the 24-mo contract (or NOT). If they waffle and wave their hands about not being able to predict the future, ask what OTHER customers are NORMALLY paying for the same services....or ask about it on the SAN FRANCISCO COMCAST thread:
San Francisco, CA - Comcast

Last edited by holl_ands; 06-30-2014 at 08:05 PM.
post #16224 of 16297 Old 06-30-2014, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 73
You also put the antenna in one of the worst imaginable places for VHF noise- behind the TV- set as well as selecting an antenna that's nearly blind on VHF.
post #16225 of 16297 Old 06-30-2014, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSHO89 View Post
You also put the antenna in one of the worst imaginable places for VHF noise- behind the TV- set as well as selecting an antenna that's nearly blind on VHF.
Somebody somewhat local to me had a problem with an antenna in a very similar location.

He could not get 54.1 but could get 54.2, 54.3, 54.4 ...

I blew him off with a "Does Not Compute".

Should that ever really happen the SF Bay OTA forum and mailing list would be flooded with reports.

------------------------------------
My looking up that "toy" antenna has caused me to get targeted ad's for them.

SHF
post #16226 of 16297 Old 06-30-2014, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
The antenna is an indoor RCA ANT1400 from Best Buy located behind the vertical 'board' that is used to mount the flat screen inside the cab.

I get all the OTA networks fantastically - except one - the local NBC affiliate.
I tried moving antenna all around back there & still can't catch NBC unless the TV swings away from inside the cab a bit.
But when the TV is pushed back flat against the mounting board inside the cab, NBC signal goes dark.

The coax seem tights & all other channels come through regardless of position of TV.

My stats are as follows:
RF12 is VHF and more subject to noise and interference from the TV itself. And those flat panel antennas are not designed to receive VHF. I think an HDTVa antenna from HHG would work better, as it has rabbit ears which should receive VHF-12, as well as a UHF element for the other channels. At any rate, you will need rabbit ears for WWBT at the very least. Although an outside antenna such as the HBU-22 would be even better.
post #16227 of 16297 Old 06-30-2014, 11:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:

My stats are as follows:
Swinging the tv out is blocking interference or multipath. Turning off devices using electricity near the antenna might help. Good Luck.
post #16228 of 16297 Old 07-01-2014, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaguy View Post
Swinging the tv out is blocking interference or multipath. Turning off devices using electricity near the antenna might help. Good Luck.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I don't think anything is interfering with it electronically as there is a microwave below the TV location in a separate compartment (cabinet) & I've tested it with no problems.

Last night - I actually pulled the antenna's coax cable towards the back of the TV to give it a bit more slack, then pushed the TV back against the mounting board (which is when the problem occurs regularly) - this time the VHF channel 12.1 retained it's signal - 5 bars out of 5 according to the TV signal meter.

This is leading me to believe, that the coax cable or antenna itself is faulty.

Thoughts?

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One

Last edited by tripleM; 07-01-2014 at 01:18 PM.
post #16229 of 16297 Old 07-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion.
I don't think anything is interfering with it electronically as there is a microwave below the TV location in a separate compartment (cabinet) & I've tested it with no problems.

Last night - I actually pulled the antenna's coax cable towards the back of the TV to give it a bit more slack, then pushed the TV back against the mounting board (which is when the problem occurs regularly) - this time the VHF channel 12.1 retained it's signal - 5 bars out of 5 according to the TV signal meter.

This is leading me to believe, that the coax cable or antenna itself is faulty.

Thoughts?
If 12.1 continues without problems, you're good to go. I wouldn't assume that interference can be ruled out by the microwave not causing a problem. All electrical devices are not created equal.
post #16230 of 16297 Old 07-03-2014, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by :
I wouldn't assume that interference can be ruled out by the microwave not causing a problem. All electrical devices are not created equal.

This is correct. Different devices can have spurious emissions at very different frequencies. Such unwanted emissions create interference when they happen to coincide with a desired frequency.

As an example, the microwave in my kitchen interferes with my 4G/LTE wireless connection but never interferes with the 3G (800 MHz) service or reception of any of my OTA UHF signals.

Tech support for Antennas Direct
Reply HDTV Technical

Tags
Channel Master Cm 4228 8 Bay Hdtv Uhf Antenna Cm4228hd
Gear in this thread