The Official AVS Antenna and Related Hardware Topic! - Page 550 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 28Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #16471 of 16491 Old 06-20-2016, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rabbit73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S.E. VA
Posts: 1,825
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Yes, thanks and I forgot about the Market Listing but you didn't. Omaha is #82 , or you can enter callsign.


http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php


It's called a Market because it's all about money. Advertisers want to know how many people are able to see their commercials.
matonanjin likes this.

If you can not measure it, you can not improve it.
Lord Kelvin, 1883
www.megalithia.com/elect/aerialsite/dttpoorman.html

Last edited by rabbit73; 06-20-2016 at 04:29 PM.
rabbit73 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #16472 of 16491 Old 06-20-2016, 05:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 33
How do you like the DB4E?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambrad View Post
Very good info. What is your antenna / setup and preamp? I'm excited about building a custom splitter. I'm using a DB4e and a Kitztech 200. I probably will order the Kitztech 500 unless you've tried his preamps.
How do you like the DB4e? I am thinking about going to a 2 antenna system in my attic. The DB4e will be used to point south and get the stations fairly close to my house (8 to 40 miles). And then I am going to get something a little "stronger" to point north and pull in some stations that are about 80 miles away. I'm not sure yet what to get for that. I have until NFL season starts to decide on the second one.

Chubby, old guy in Omaha, Nebraska
matonanjin is offline  
post #16473 of 16491 Old 06-20-2016, 05:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
I see that SFischer1 was posting at the same time; you get two answers for the price of one.
But here is my concern. I am not paying two fees. I did not request two responses. You are going to have to split the fee

Sfischer1 and rabbit73, thank you both for the thoughtful, informative responses. I'm going to have to digest them. And as I put together my antennae system I'm sure I'll be asking more, most of which will be dumb.

Chubby, old guy in Omaha, Nebraska
matonanjin is offline  
post #16474 of 16491 Old 06-20-2016, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bhambrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chelsea, AL
Posts: 1,284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by matonanjin View Post
How do you like the DB4e? I am thinking about going to a 2 antenna system in my attic. The DB4e will be used to point south and get the stations fairly close to my house (8 to 40 miles). And then I am going to get something a little "stronger" to point north and pull in some stations that are about 80 miles away. I'm not sure yet what to get for that. I have until NFL season starts to decide on the second one.
DB4e is solid for UHF signals and still picks up some VHF. The DB4e may even work fine for pulling in the stations 80 miles away. I am pulling in stations 80 miles away (at times) from my attic and its off the back side of the antenna. I also have had great luck vertically stacking 2 of them in the past. Ask for Katie at Antennas Direct and give one a shot. I have also owned the DB8e, but prefer the DB4e.
matonanjin likes this.
bhambrad is offline  
post #16475 of 16491 Old 06-20-2016, 08:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambrad View Post
DB4e is solid for UHF signals and still picks up some VHF. The DB4e may even work fine for pulling in the stations 80 miles away. I am pulling in stations 80 miles away (at times) from my attic and its off the back side of the antenna. I also have had great luck vertically stacking 2 of them in the past. Ask for Katie at Antennas Direct and give one a shot. I have also owned the DB8e, but prefer the DB4e.
Thanks, bhambrad. Hmmm. Maybe the DB4e will work pulling in the signals that need to the north from 80 miles! If you are getting them off the backside and if I point it. And I can get a lesser one for the closer channels. I get the further channels now on occasion with a really cheap antenna, decades old, in my attic. And I am currently getting close channels with just an indoor antenna. And I have spoken with Katie before, by chat, and shes seems real knowledgeable and helpful.

Chubby, old guy in Omaha, Nebraska
matonanjin is offline  
post #16476 of 16491 Old 06-21-2016, 11:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Why exactly do I need this?

I would like to submit my entry for AVS Forum Dumbest Question of the Day (AVSFDQD). But exactly why do I need a custom combiner like this? I am thinking very seriously of installing a two antennae system so that I can watch all my "regular" local OTA channels. But with a second antenna I should be able to sneak in some Sioux City channels, 80 miles away. My main goal for this is to get the Sioux City FOX station because it will often carry Bears football when our local FOX station doesn't.

So back to my original question, what is the purpose of a "custom" combiner. Does it filter something? What is the advantage of this over just a "cheapy" splitter/combiner?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
You can order a custom combiner that will combine the WTVX signal on real channel 34 from a second antenna with the main antenna.
http://www.tinlee.com/MATV_headend.p...IGNALINJECTORS
http://www.tinlee.com/PDF/AC7-custom...kup%20Info.pdf

a less expensive version is sold on eBay



http://www.antenne-komponenty.eu/eng...zlucovace.html

The great jointenna exchange

Chubby, old guy in Omaha, Nebraska
matonanjin is offline  
post #16477 of 16491 Old 06-21-2016, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Calaveras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Ranch
Posts: 4,601
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by matonanjin View Post
I would like to submit my entry for AVS Forum Dumbest Question of the Day (AVSFDQD). But exactly why do I need a custom combiner like this? I am thinking very seriously of installing a two antennae system so that I can watch all my "regular" local OTA channels. But with a second antenna I should be able to sneak in some Sioux City channels, 80 miles away. My main goal for this is to get the Sioux City FOX station because it will often carry Bears football when our local FOX station doesn't.

So back to my original question, what is the purpose of a "custom" combiner. Does it filter something? What is the advantage of this over just a "cheapy" splitter/combiner?

Thanks.

It's not a dumb question. The pictured combiner allows you to have an all band antenna pointed in one direction using Input 1 and a second UHF antenna pointed in another direction for RF channels 27 and 43. This is a better option than using a cheap 2-way splitter/combiner which allows signals from the antennas to interfere with each other. Sometimes the cheap way works but the more expensive combiner guarantees it will work if possible.

The 2 channel selective combiner does have some limitations. The two channels to combine with main antenna cannot be adjacent to other channels. You need 2 or 3 channels separation in order for it to work correctly because the internal filters are not selective enough to reject or pass adjacent or even adjacent +2 channels.
matonanjin likes this.
Calaveras is offline  
post #16478 of 16491 Old 06-21-2016, 01:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambrad View Post
DB4e is solid for UHF signals and still picks up some VHF. The DB4e may even work fine for pulling in the stations 80 miles away. I am pulling in stations 80 miles away (at times) from my attic and its off the back side of the antenna. I also have had great luck vertically stacking 2 of them in the past. Ask for Katie at Antennas Direct and give one a shot. I have also owned the DB8e, but prefer the DB4e.
I did speak with Katie and she was very helpful. Rather than go with the DB4e, which may have been fine, I went with the 91XG Unidirectional Ultra Long Range. Since I am trying to really "narrow it down"to get those Sioux City channels I thought (and Katie thought) this may be better. Then I will get the combiner should I ever figure that out and maybe I'll be set.

Since in the attic I will horizontally stack rather than vertically.

Chubby, old guy in Omaha, Nebraska
matonanjin is offline  
post #16479 of 16491 Old 06-21-2016, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bhambrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chelsea, AL
Posts: 1,284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by matonanjin View Post
I did speak with Katie and she was very helpful. Rather than go with the DB4e, which may have been fine, I went with the 91XG Unidirectional Ultra Long Range. Since I am trying to really "narrow it down"to get those Sioux City channels I thought (and Katie thought) this may be better. Then I will get the combiner should I ever figure that out and maybe I'll be set.

Since in the attic I will horizontally stack rather than vertically.
I was curious how that antenna performed. Keep me updated on the progress. I may have to try that one if you have success with it.
bhambrad is offline  
post #16480 of 16491 Old 06-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambrad View Post
I was curious how that antenna performed. Keep me updated on the progress. I may have to try that one if you have success with it.
I will do that. I paid for 2nd day delivery so it should be here Friday. If it's not too hot in the attic I will, hopefully, put it into service over the week-end. I'll report back.
bhambrad likes this.

Chubby, old guy in Omaha, Nebraska
matonanjin is offline  
post #16481 of 16491 Old 06-22-2016, 05:46 AM
Senior Member
 
wildwillie6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bridgewater, Va.
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
The 2 channel selective combiner does have some limitations. The two channels to combine with main antenna cannot be adjacent to other channels. You need 2 or 3 channels separation in order for it to work correctly because the internal filters are not selective enough to reject or pass adjacent or even adjacent +2 channels.
Yes, and that will become important to some of us after repacking (http://deadline.com/2016/03/fcc-begi...on-1201727834/), as we'll then be much more likely to have adjacent channels.
wildwillie6 is offline  
post #16482 of 16491 Old 06-22-2016, 06:23 AM
Senior Member
 
bwam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Cumming,GA,USA
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie6 View Post
Yes, and that will become important to some of us after repacking (http://deadline.com/2016/03/fcc-begi...on-1201727834/), as we'll then be much more likely to have adjacent channels.
You'll notice from the picture of my combiner that input two is two adjacent channels (frequencies 500 to 512). Somehow both channels came in best through one antenna while the rest came through best through another antenna.
bwam is online now  
post #16483 of 16491 Old 06-22-2016, 10:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaveras View Post
It's not a dumb question. The pictured combiner allows you to have an all band antenna pointed in one direction using Input 1 and a second UHF antenna pointed in another direction for RF channels 27 and 43. This is a better option than using a cheap 2-way splitter/combiner which allows signals from the antennas to interfere with each other. Sometimes the cheap way works but the more expensive combiner guarantees it will work if possible.

The 2 channel selective combiner does have some limitations. The two channels to combine with main antenna cannot be adjacent to other channels. You need 2 or 3 channels separation in order for it to work correctly because the internal filters are not selective enough to reject or pass adjacent or even adjacent +2 channels.
Well, if that wasn't a dumb question then let me try again. I'll keep trying! So you have two channels (27 & 43) that are being snatched from the second antenna. How many channels can you specify in the combiner from the second antenna? Is there a limit? And how does one order? I know that is a very general (does this qualify for dumb?) question but I went to this guy's website and it wasn't very intuitive.

Maybe if I explain what I am trying to do it would help. My antennae are going in my attic. My first antenna is going to grab all (most) of the first channels on this. It will be pointed south and since they are very close, most of them 7- 23 miles, I shouldn't have much issue. I will point my antenna straight south and it should be able to grab the first 7 line items on this without much trouble, channels 22-38. And I may be able to get 12&33.

Then my second antenna I am going to point north (Sioux City) and I hope to get channels 39, 41, 9 & 49. I got the 91XG Unidirectional Ultra Long Range antenna for this. The most important channel in this is 49 which is Sioux City's Fox affiliate. They will very often carry Chicago Bears football when my local Fox channel usually carries Green Bay or Vikings. If the combiner is limited on the number of channels I can live with 49 and another one or two.

Does what I am doing make sense? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rons.png
Views:	29
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1509986  

Chubby, old guy in Omaha, Nebraska
matonanjin is offline  
post #16484 of 16491 Old 06-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Senior Member
 
bwam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Cumming,GA,USA
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by matonanjin View Post
Well, if that wasn't a dumb question then let me try again. I'll keep trying! So you have two channels (27 & 43) that are being snatched from the second antenna. How many channels can you specify in the combiner from the second antenna? Is there a limit? And how does one order? I know that is a very general (does this qualify for dumb?) question but I went to this guy's website and it wasn't very intuitive.

Maybe if I explain what I am trying to do it would help. My antennae are going in my attic. My first antenna is going to grab all (most) of the first channels on this. It will be pointed south and since they are very close, most of them 7- 23 miles, I shouldn't have much issue. I will point my antenna straight south and it should be able to grab the first 7 line items on this without much trouble, channels 22-38. And I may be able to get 12&33.

Then my second antenna I am going to point north (Sioux City) and I hope to get channels 39, 41, 9 & 49. I got the 91XG Unidirectional Ultra Long Range antenna for this. The most important channel in this is 49 which is Sioux City's Fox affiliate. They will very often carry Chicago Bears football when my local Fox channel usually carries Green Bay or Vikings. If the combiner is limited on the number of channels I can live with 49 and another one or two.

Does what I am doing make sense? Thanks.
I've seen as many as three channels specified for one of the inputs on a Jenca combiner. Maximum of three inputs. Mine is 2 + 2 + all the rest.

I sent him an email specifying my configuration of inputs and got back a price quote. Used PayPal and when he got the payment he built it. Got it 2 weeks later from Slovakia.

Originally I sent him an email just plainly writing what my requirements were (as you did in this post). He kindly replied and sent me 3 alternatives (3 different combiner configurations that were possible) that I could choose from. Prices varied. I chose one.

Send him this post and see what he advises.

Last edited by bwam; 06-22-2016 at 11:55 AM.
bwam is online now  
post #16485 of 16491 Old 06-22-2016, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Calaveras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Ranch
Posts: 4,601
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by matonanjin View Post
Well, if that wasn't a dumb question then let me try again. I'll keep trying! So you have two channels (27 & 43) that are being snatched from the second antenna. How many channels can you specify in the combiner from the second antenna? Is there a limit? And how does one order? I know that is a very general (does this qualify for dumb?) question but I went to this guy's website and it wasn't very intuitive.

Maybe if I explain what I am trying to do it would help. My antennae are going in my attic. My first antenna is going to grab all (most) of the first channels on this. It will be pointed south and since they are very close, most of them 7- 23 miles, I shouldn't have much issue. I will point my antenna straight south and it should be able to grab the first 7 line items on this without much trouble, channels 22-38. And I may be able to get 12&33.

Then my second antenna I am going to point north (Sioux City) and I hope to get channels 39, 41, 9 & 49. I got the 91XG Unidirectional Ultra Long Range antenna for this. The most important channel in this is 49 which is Sioux City's Fox affiliate. They will very often carry Chicago Bears football when my local Fox channel usually carries Green Bay or Vikings. If the combiner is limited on the number of channels I can live with 49 and another one or two.

Does what I am doing make sense? Thanks.

The channel inserter with separate antenna is not going to work for you. It's not going to work with adjacent channels because the filters are not selective enough. Channel 39 has adjacent local 38 and channel 49 has adjacent local 48. Channel 43 may not need a separate antenna since it's more or less in the same direction as your other stations. The 91XG is a UHF only antenna so it will not receive channel 9. You'll need a high VHF antenna.

Another problem is that the other stations you want are 82 miles away. That's much farther away than they are designed to reach. You may or not receive them but a good and high outdoor antenna is almost certainly a requirement for reliable reception. An attic antenna is not going to cut it.

If you only need these distant channels for some live sporting events then I'd suggest putting the VHF and UHF antennas on a rotor and just turn it to watch the sports and leave it pointed at the locals to record network programs.

In a couple of weeks I expect have some measurements on one of these Jenca channel inserters to see how many channels away must the selective input needs to be away from channels on the broadband input.
Calaveras is offline  
post #16486 of 16491 Old 06-22-2016, 03:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Dang!

So Chuck, you had to go ahead and ruin my day, huh? I do appreciate the time you have taken with me. Somewhat reverse order from what you presented but first the distance. I don't think that the 82 miles is going to be a problem. I have a cheap, old (maybe 2 decades) antenna in my attic now that will on occasion bring in the Sioux City channels in question. And there is no preamp. With the new 91XG pointed corrected I am hoping I can pull them in. Plus I am on a hill that is just about the highest point in my county. And, if necessary I will go to a preamp. And if I really have to I will put the antenna on my roof. But that is going to take considerable domestic negotiation.

Of course, this still leaves the issue of the channels. I don't care about channel 9. The real issue is the proximity of the channels, especially 48 & 49. Dang. I guess I will see how well I can get the Sioux City channels when I get the new antenna and go from there. And then look in to a rotor.

Or is there some sort of switching device to switch my DVR from one cable to another? With a separate cable running to each of two antennae?

Thanks again, Chuck.

Chubby, old guy in Omaha, Nebraska
matonanjin is offline  
post #16487 of 16491 Old 06-22-2016, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SFischer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Posts: 2,695
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by matonanjin View Post
...

Or is there some sort of switching device to switch my DVR from one cable to another? With a separate cable running to each of two antennae?

Thanks again, Chuck.
Yes, another DVR.

I have four antennas and six ATSC tuners. All six can record, actually listings are downloaded and checked against a watch list and if I have not seen a program before it will schedule it with any work on my part. Well actually I need to delete many scheduled captures due to the dumb PBS station(s) and others. (Plus my HDTV which is seldom used except for the round and round or the back and forth)

The best rule is, one antenna per tuner. Hard to mess up that rule.

SHF
SFischer1 is offline  
post #16488 of 16491 Old 06-22-2016, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Calaveras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Ranch
Posts: 4,601
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by matonanjin View Post
So Chuck, you had to go ahead and ruin my day, huh? I do appreciate the time you have taken with me. Somewhat reverse order from what you presented but first the distance. I don't think that the 82 miles is going to be a problem. I have a cheap, old (maybe 2 decades) antenna in my attic now that will on occasion bring in the Sioux City channels in question. And there is no preamp. With the new 91XG pointed corrected I am hoping I can pull them in. Plus I am on a hill that is just about the highest point in my county. And, if necessary I will go to a preamp. And if I really have to I will put the antenna on my roof. But that is going to take considerable domestic negotiation.

Being on a hill certainly helps. It's common for temperature inversions that often form in the evening and last through until the next morning to extend the range of reception. I suspect that's what you're experiencing with your occasional reception. The problem is you can't count on them. You'll just have to try and see what happens.
Calaveras is offline  
post #16489 of 16491 Old 06-23-2016, 04:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFischer1 View Post
Yes, another DVR.

I have four antennas and six ATSC tuners. All six can record, actually listings are downloaded and checked against a watch list and if I have not seen a program before it will schedule it with any work on my part. Well actually I need to delete many scheduled captures due to the dumb PBS station(s) and others. (Plus my HDTV which is seldom used except for the round and round or the back and forth)

The best rule is, one antenna per tuner. Hard to mess up that rule.

SHF
Six tuners!?!?! That ain't going to happen. I already have more devices than I have HDMI inputs on my TV. I am curious though how you "listings are downloaded and checked against a watch list and if I have not seen a program before it will schedule it". Are you using TIVO that works with an EPG?

Thanks again.

Chubby, old guy in Omaha, Nebraska
matonanjin is offline  
post #16490 of 16491 Old 07-09-2016, 12:26 AM
Member
 
lohertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFischer1 View Post

The best rule is, one antenna per tuner. Hard to mess up that rule.
Sounds like overkill to me.
I have five tuners off of one antenna. But, that's what preamps and amplifiers are for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matonanjin View Post
I am curious though how you "listings are downloaded and checked against a watch list and if I have not seen a program before it will schedule it". Are you using TIVO that works with an EPG?
I use mythTV. It will record shows against my list and automagically record new shows when they air.
lohertz is offline  
post #16491 of 16491 Old 07-09-2016, 12:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SFischer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Posts: 2,695
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohertz View Post
Sounds like overkill to me.
I have five tuners off of one antenna. But, that's what preamps and amplifiers are for.
Actually I have seven (7) ASTC tuners on my main antenna.

One of my HDHR tuners has an antenna for another mountain top that my main antenna does not have a lobe that is in the correct direction. My main antenna gets the secondary transmitter site, but I just happened to be just in the right direction.

One of the non-HDHR tuners has two antenna connections and the second is used for an antenna pointing to the South East for a station to the North East. Go figure.

It is a myth that mythTV is the only program that does what I said. The people who created the program I use likely saw what mythTV did on Linux and created a program for Windows.

Be careful with your quoting, you put my words in another persons mouth.

Why so many tuners, well three were planned and when I could not figure out what was wrong, I purchased another using the same defective software. One was added so that I could have a tuner on my wireless network. Those came in pairs and another pair were purchased finally to replace the defective software one. It is counted as an available tuner but it cannot do captures when asked to do by the program that controls all the tuners except my HDTV which is used as a monitor most of the time.

Cliff Watson PVR app for HD Homerun, MyHD, and FusionHDTV

SHF

Last edited by SFischer1; 07-09-2016 at 01:08 AM.
SFischer1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Technical

Tags
Channel Master Cm 4228 8 Bay Hdtv Uhf Antenna Cm4228hd



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off