The Official AVS Antenna and Related Hardware Topic! - Page 551 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 33Likes

post #16501 of 16504 Old 08-17-2016, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 914 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernieoc View Post
I notice that the Wineguard 7694 only show stats for VHF CH 7 and higher - my PBS station is CH 3 - is that just too low VHS for this antenna?
Do I need my HUGE CH 3 only antenna and a combiner that I use with a UHF antenna combiner?
I get CH 3 but it is sensitive to interference and weather.

RF 3 or virtual 3? We have no idea. Please post your TV Fool report and start a new thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16502 of 16504 Old 08-17-2016, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 914 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpsatisfide View Post
New to ota tv besides rabbit years 30 years ago. I built a bowtie antenna which worked well for me at my house in myrtle beach so I built my mom one. It worked ok but she wants better and you have to keep momma happy.

Looking for some help with an antenna recommendations and which direction I should point it. Her house is one story but I'm guessing the top of her roof is probably 25 to 30 ft tall.

She would be running about 5 tvs also. Any and all help is appreciated.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e2cbbcdc164584

This should be a new thread since it's about a specific reception situation. This thread is for generic antenna discussion. Follow the sticky above.
post #16503 of 16504 Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpsatisfide View Post
New to ota tv besides rabbit years 30 years ago. I built a bowtie antenna...
Then the DIY antenna thread may be of interest, too.
How to build a UHF antenna...

DO NOT build the one in the first link. I'm still using the 4-bay bowtie shown starting at the bottom of page 1, but there is a huge amount of information here, so don't stop there!

HAve fun,
Frank
post #16504 of 16504 Old Today, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernieoc View Post
I notice that the Wineguard 7694 only show stats for VHF CH 7 and higher - my PBS station is CH 3 - is that just too low VHS for this antenna?
Do I need my HUGE CH 3 only antenna and a combiner that I use with a UHF antenna combiner?
I get CH 3 but it is sensitive to interference and weather.
Roanoke, VA has THREE local Stations in Lo-VHF Band on Ch3 (PBS), Ch4 [CBS, Duplicate to UHF Ch18] and Ch5 [ABC, Duplicate to Hi-VHF Ch13]:
http://www.rabbitears.info/market.ph...n=wbra#station

YES, you probably need a HUGE Antenna for (at least Ch3).....but before we can recommend a suitable Antenna(s), we first need to see a link to your TVFool Report. We also need to assess whether you should also try to pick up Ch4 vs UHF Ch18 and Ch5 vs Hi-VHF Ch13, depending on your Location and intervening Terrain. And what is your current Antenna(s)????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Technical

Tags
Channel Master Cm 4228 8 Bay Hdtv Uhf Antenna Cm4228hd