The Official Samsung 360 720P bug thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #601 of 609 Old 02-26-2005, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mine locks up a lot also. Hasnt happened enough to really annoy me yet. I thought it was losing it's signal to the Sat. but I'm not sure now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 609 Old 02-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member

I don't have a 360, I have a Dish Network 921.

However, I do have a Samsung HLP5663W and when I try to send it 720p from the 921, it refuses to work properly. It won't stay in sync.

And it is not just me:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=366468

1080i works fine.

Is it possible that Samsung doesn't quite understand how the 720p signal should be done? Is there something in their 720p signal such that only Samsung receiver & TV combinations work well in 720p. Any combination of Samsung receiver with other TV or other receiver with Samsung HDTV doesn't work?

Am I just dreaming up a wild conspiracy theory?
post #603 of 609 Old 03-02-2005, 06:52 AM

I get a sharp clicking noise with my 360, usually when the signal switches from the program to a local commercial feed or back again. This happens with both OTA and satellite. Anyone else hear this?
post #604 of 609 Old 01-06-2006, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I have standard def directv. When I hook up componenent cables I can do 16x9 when changing the settings on the receiver, but when I use a dvi cable with hdmi adapter I get 4x3 on my tv screen display even though I have set it correctly on the receiver. Is this a bug? I have tried different cables also and can not get it to change.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
jdmac29
post #605 of 609 Old 01-11-2006, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

I love the TS360, but I am on my 2nd unit and having more than the 720P problem. I am having the unit go blank then have to reset (freezes and says "channel not available"). This seems to happen every other day. Both boxes. Directv changed the LNB/Multiswitch and checked the cable. All was fine. i noticed this happen after the final software update, but D*tv says they do not know of the problem. I have read numerous problems with this box. It's a shame, because it puts out a really nice picture and has alot of options and inputs. I reset to the original software and all is well, but directv just updates it again.
Any suggestions? I have the H10 upstairs, but quite honestly I think the picture on the H10 is inferior as are the options,etc.

Acts 17:27
"His purpose in all of this was that the nations would seek after GOD and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him-though he is not far from any of us"
Yamaha Drum kit....
post #606 of 609 Old 01-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelets456
I love the TS360, but I am on my 2nd unit and having more than the 720P problem. I am having the unit go blank then have to reset (freezes and says "channel not available"). This seems to happen every other day. Both boxes. Directv changed the LNB/Multiswitch and checked the cable. All was fine. i noticed this happen after the final software update, but D*tv says they do not know of the problem. I have read numerous problems with this box. It's a shame, because it puts out a really nice picture and has alot of options and inputs. I reset to the original software and all is well, but directv just updates it again.
Any suggestions? I have the H10 upstairs, but quite honestly I think the picture on the H10 is inferior as are the options,etc.
My suggestion is to get the "free" upgrade to the H20. The PQ is superior for HD and SD programming. The UI on the 360 is slightly better but its worth putting up with IMHO.

bill
post #607 of 609 Old 01-11-2006, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt1111
My suggestion is to get the "free" upgrade to the H20. The PQ is superior for HD and SD programming. The UI on the 360 is slightly better but its worth putting up with IMHO.
I hear people say "free" upgrade, but I have spoke with retention, CSR and managers and the best they would do is $99. I'm tired of putting out money with directv. Any suggestions how to get it free?

Acts 17:27
"His purpose in all of this was that the nations would seek after GOD and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him-though he is not far from any of us"
Yamaha Drum kit....
post #608 of 609 Old 01-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelets456
I hear people say "free" upgrade, but I have spoke with retention, CSR and managers and the best they would do is $99. I'm tired of putting out money with directv. Any suggestions how to get it free?
Its free (not including the $15 shipping and handling). They try to charge some subscribers but you just hang up and call back again until you get it at no charge. Actually they use 'instant rebates' but the result is the same. It helps if you are a long time subscriber, and HD subscriber, and you are spending more than the basic price. If you have to talk to a level 2 tech or customer retention, do it. Go to the 'official H20' thread below. Start with the newest post and work backwards to see what other's have done with the same situation. You are not alone. :)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...43#post6899643

bill
post #609 of 609 Old 02-03-2006, 02:23 PM

I also have been on a journey to find the missing Internal Mute discrete code. The official word from level 2 at Samsung is that it does not exist. The HLP models have been put to bed so don't expect firmware upgrades, unless there is a heavy demand. I've put my request in for the internal mute discrete so all those interested in having this please call Samsung at 1-800-SAMSUNG and lets get this ball rolling. Ask to submit a request to the appropriate department which handles the firmware.
Closed Thread HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page