Originally Posted by labmansid
I also set the banner time to 2 seconds, and it seems to go with that if you change channels using the channel up/down button. It may be if you use the guide, or tune directly to go to a channel the banner stays longer. .
Seems to be related to how the channel is tuned.
If I tune from the guide and the "more info" is hilighted the banner does not dismiss. If the "more info" is not displayed the banner dismisses in the time I have set (2 seconds). If I retune to the same channel the "more info" does not seem to be there, but if I go to a different channel if shows up.
I've had at least six different models of directv STBs and this has the least
user friendly guide of any of them.
How about some guide options like:
- Option for no channel banner when changing channels:
- Showing the guide when I press the guide button not some filter selection.
- More custom favorite lists than just 2.
- Ability to select favorite list from the guide and actually having the guide change to reflect the list.
(because the way it is now you have to drill down several "QUICK"
menu selctions and then when you get back the guide doesnt reflect the new list.
- Guide Style options...
- Ability to change font size of guide and have it dynamically resize base on screen resolution. IOW 1080 guide should have more rows and columns than 480
Currently one of the main reasons I stick with Directv is because the guide is (was) so much better than what cable offers, in one swoop Directv has almost leveled the playing field for cable.