Dish Receiver in remote 2nd Location? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-13-2000, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What does dish do for it's customers who want to use their receiver , at say a Lakehouse on weekends? Thanks, Mark

Mark Conner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-13-2000, 09:46 PM
FWD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A "friend" has exactly this situation and there's really not much to it. You simply plant another dish at the lake home, then when you go there, simply bring your receiver from home, plug it in and you're set. I have been told by a Dish dealer that Dish really has no problem with this kind of usage. Things might get more complicated if you did PPVs. Even then, however, I think that so long as you carry your receiver back home and plug it into a phone line, it will upload the PPV information. If you don't do that, I believe the consequence is that eventually your receiver will not work, or won't be able to view PPVs until they are paid for.

What you don't want to do is plug your receiver into your lake home phone line, as the different origin number might send Dish into some conniptions when your receiver tries to phone Colorado.

BTW, to keep this on topic a little better, I've had a 6000 for several months and have been very impressed. Still waiting for my OTA, however.
Closed Thread HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page