Question about FIOS-TV availability - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-01-2007, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure if this is the right forum to post in. I live in Southern New Hampshire, and switched from Comcast to Verizon FIOS for internet last month. I asked about FIOS-TV in my area, and the best I have been able to glean was from the installer. He said that Verizon had tried negotiating with individual NH towns, had gotten frustrated over what seemed like inappropriate demands("Build us a new $1M ballfield", etc) and pulled out of all town by town discussions over access. He said that Verizon would approach the State legislature for a state-wide access decision. Can anyone clarify things, and is there a reliable place to track progress in FIOS-TV roll-outs? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-02-2007, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
do not know about NH but here in RI, my installer that did my Fios install on Friday told me there goal in the first 6 towns of RI was by April.

Support C-band, the only true satellite signal, More information HERE
post #3 of 3 Old 01-02-2007, 06:51 AM

Liked: 16
That's the same story I received from a few Vz installers; no TV in the immediate future for NH due to the need to negotiate with each individual town. The recent FCC ruling on the maximum time allowed for franchise application review might help lure Vz back to NH, but given their push in Mass, I bet we're in for a long wait.

DSL Reports has a FiOS-specific forum that has a fair bit of good information on FiOS in general, with quite a few TV topics: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzfiber

It's been one year since I switched from Comcast to Verizon for Internet access and on the whole I'm very pleased. The only issue that comes to mind is Verizon's e-mail spam filters that are often a bit too broad and catch too many legimate e-mails. There is no control other than "off" or "on", and the whitelisting process doesn't seem to work all that well.

Tony
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page