H20-100 Why No Hdmi To Panasonic Ax100 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-06-2007, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Problem: AX100 new out of the box today. Connected to H20-100, will not hold the HDMI connection for more than 1 second.
Context: 2 perfectly performing H20 boxes exist. One is connected to a 720p Panasonic LCD the other to a Sharp 720 lcd. NO problems.
I have tried Both boxes individually connected to the new AX100 with 6ft hdmi cables (currently successfully in use). "input select"request via remote cycles thru various options and when it selects "HDMI", it flickers then grabs the station for 1 second then returns to blue screen. No amount of teasing thru cycles makes any difference.
However, When the AX100 is fed HDMI from a DVD source, (Panasonic S97S) it plays the source immediately. Again, as i stated, the H20-100's are both playing other HDMI LCDs faultlessly.
The confirmed problem appears to be the Hand shake and hold done by the AX100. Yes, tried the, "which gets turned on first " trick--no luck.
Any ideas before I send it back? Thank you.

Robert---
Knowledge is always tentative and incomplete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-06-2007, 09:45 PM
AVS Club Gold

The H20-100 has a handshake problem with TVs using the MStar HDMI chipset. Samsung and LG are other problem brands. A software patch is being investigated but it's been a while.

Pat

While I may link to and mention products as examples, I don't recommend specific products.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-07-2007, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolf View Post

The H20-100 has a handshake problem with TVs using the MStar HDMI chipset. Samsung and LG are other problem brands. A software patch is being investigated but it's been a while.

Thank you for your reply. Is ANYONE connected successfully and reliably via HDMI cable from their H20-100 STB to their Panasonic PT-AX100u??

Robert---
Knowledge is always tentative and incomplete.
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page