If you go her, http://www.eagleaspen.com/site/index.html
suspiciously the splash page says Pro Brands International or PBI.
Does anyone know if there are decoded commands available anywhere, e.g. Pronto?
Anyone know what happened to the Rotor. You cannot seem too find it anymore. I'd love to get a hold of another control box to play with without fear of destroying it. I have no idea if I could do it, but I thought of something that would be really neat: Email (e.g. SMS message) to up to 5 cell phones the position 10 seconds after stopping. The control box is in the basement.
I seem to have a problem where antenna height affects the best rotational aim. I didn't tighten the antenna to the mast the weight of snow and ice caused it to drop about a foot. This subsequently changed my aim by 30 degrees. No idea why. I had another station that I totally lost when the antenna slid down about a foot. Not all of the stations that should be in the same direction are.
Most of the time the antenna stays at one place. I have to tweek when it rains sometimes.
I'm basically happy with the install and my pics have been updated.
It is a TB105 thrust bearing method with the screws changed to longer and stainless.
No snag stainless shackes were used to be able to attach Phillystran,non-metalic guys with protected rubber caps.
The turnbuckles are 318 stainless. The locknuts had to be purchased separately.
The cable rope clips are stainless.
The antenna mast is 6 foot aluminum and I plan to upgrade it to fiberglass. The rotor mast is EMT. The masts both have plastic water caps.
The mount is a custom eave mount made from Unistrut. One bracket is like $80. It allows 3 guy wires.
If I did it again, i would get the brackets powder coated. You need two sets on the ROTR100 when using the TB105 bearing. Best to make sure this works on land first.
The Antenna is a Winegard HD8200U and I think the mast mounted AMP is a CM7777. The injector is in the attic about 20' from the antenna and is plugged into a Tripp Lite surge suppressor. There is a metal strap around the rotator. The mast, as of now, does not have a ground rod, but the coax is grounded in the attic. The tree would likely get hit first.
Two RG6 cables have been run. The length is about 75' to the second level of distribution. They are copper clad steel core. A Tin-Lee amp with four 4-way taps are used for distribution.
I have not optimized all of the taps. I have an 8VSB signal analyzer. Noise margin and strength is available.
I'm not aimed at North. My compass was calibrated wrong.
I have a pressing Winegard HD8200U question: If you take the end cap off where the element is the smallest, the riveted connection seems to not attach to the boom solidly. Based on some antenna design info on the Internet, I made sure that connection was removed. The connection just depends on how the rivet fit is. All of the other elements are solidly connected to the upper and lower flat conductors respectively above and below the boom except the smallest one.