E* VIP722 HDMI hanshake issues..... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I've had a Vizio GV52L and just got a new E* VIP 722 receiver.

I am having handshake issues that I can not work around. The Vizio works perfectly with my Blu-Ray and Xbox 360, both filling the screen edge to edge, always.

With the VIP722 set on 1080i output, depending on the channel, sometimes the picture is shifted left or right, up or down. I always end up with some portion of the screen, usually 3/16 - 1/4 inch unused. I can't adjust this out on the TV's screen adjust menu since the missing portion varies from channel to channel.

If I go into vip722 system setup/diagnostics/analysis/hdmi test: it shows the videofrmt out is 1080i but, under display info/info 2(which is monitor data) it recognizes the Vizio GV52FL but only shows supported formats as 480p, 720p, 480i, 480i(shows this twice). No 1080i or 1080p indicated.

If I change the receiver output to 720P, it fills the screen on all channels perfectly. 1080i looks sharper than 720P so I would like to be able to output 1080i but, the picture edge issue is driving me nuts.

Component from the receiver appears to have the same issue (however, component from my xbox360 is perfect)

Any thoughts? Handhake issue caused by the receiver (my thought)?

habe
Reply HDTV Technical

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page