Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-15-2013, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Description
Hello. I have a fairly heavily upgraded marquee 9500LC for sale. It is currently hung in my home theater and it is used 2 to 4 times a week for tvs/movies.

I acquired it approximately 5 years ago from a fellow CRT enthusiast and internet forum member. He purchased it from Churchuf (Terry Ferentinos) who was also well known for his knowledge and ability to refurbish and upgrade high end projectors.

I received the projector and replaced all 3 bellows with original VDC replacements. I will not remember everything that was done to the projector, but here is what I recall:

red and green c element
bellows changed out with late model VDC (new formulation prevents water adsorbtion
mike parker mods
fan mod
HD10 GT17 lenses
1080p full HD moome hdmi card (version 1.3 I believe)

I set the projector up with maximized rasters and use a DaLite High Power screen in a pitch black room. As a result, the contrast has been kept at 63 or below (currently 55)

The projectors first moome card died about 8 months ago, so I purchased a bunch of spare parts including a full set of DraganM upgraded boards as well as spare power supplies.

I am looking to change my theater up and ceiling height makes keeping the crt problematic. so I am hoping a CRT enthusiast would like this projector. It would be a shame to part out a fully functional projector that has a great history.

I'm really not certain how to price this. I will be willing to strap the projector to a pallet and build a crate around it and the buyer can arrange shipping or we can use forward air. doing so will mean about 3hrs + driving for me...but I will be as accommodating as I can be for a serious buyer.

I'll update this post with hrs on the machine or other information if I get questions.

the projector is in Ontario Canada, but I live 5 minutes for Michigan.

MP 03 Vim, neck cards, Belden cables, latest moome and any draganm modified boards. These are control board, 08 HDM from Ultra, focus, vertical, and stig. Convergence has MP modded ground (this I found to make a difference) also convergence recapped by Curt. Power supplies
Reply Front Projector

Tags
Electrohome Marquee 9000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page