Optoma HD-66 and Optoma 3D-XL - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-29-2013, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I have had these items for about two years now but am now itching for a 1080P projector.

Both have been stellar performers in a smoke-free home.

Both items will be shipped in their original boxes.

I don’t know where the manuals are (or even if they came with manuals) since I download manuals.

3D glasses and HDMI cables are not included since I’ll be needing them for my new projector.

Optoma HD66: Slightly over 500 hours on the original lamp (rated at 4000 hours), zero failed pixels, remote control included. One of the least-known features provided by this projector is support for the older field-sequential 3D discs such as HAUNTED CASTLE and ENCOUNTERS IN THE THIRD DIMENSION. These older discs do not require a 3D player. They work using the connection to the VGA input. I never unwrapped the component-to-VGA cables and the composite cables, so they are part of the package.

Optoma 3D-XL: Used to convert HDMI 1.4 3D input from my custom HTPC and my Samsung 3D Blu-ray player. A converter box such as this one is needed if you want to connect the HD66 to a Blu-ray 3D player. It has worked flawlessly since Day One. I have not applied any firmware upgrades since my original purchase, so the box supports conversion of side-by-side and frame packing but not top-and-bottom. Since I don’t have any cable or satellite 3D, I have no use for top-and-bottom conversion. My understanding is that a firmware upgrade is available for top-and-bottom, and it can be applied through the USB port, but I have not investigated this point further.

I’m selling both of these as a package for $500 plus $30 for shipping. If you’ve been looking to try out 3D in your home and don’t want to break the bank, look no further.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-16-2013, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Still available?

-Nick
post #3 of 3 Old 10-16-2013, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Yes. Please PM me if you are interested.
Reply Front Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page