Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-13-2014, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm so sad, but I must sell my Samsung Plasma

http://www.avsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1601593

This is the link for my TV that I have to sell, even though I don't want to. This TV is what I believe put Samsung on the map as far as being a high end television manufacturer. It's at least 6-7 years old, 50", and it has the reddish/wooden looking bezel around the screen, which all of Samsung's high end TVs had. It's a shame manufacturers are stopping the production of plasma TVs, which have a much better picture than any LCD hands down. For TVs 50" or higher, plasma TVs have the lowest cost per inch to manufacture them, but this may have changed over the years. I remember when you couldn't buy a flat screen TV for less than $5000 until LG & Samsung split to cost to build a G6 plant, which could produce sheets of glass big enough for 6 screens to be punched out instead of the then highest of 3 screens. After that the glass was transported to Lucky Goldstar's facilities (LG) and Samsung's facilities, where the TVs were assembled. This produced the first huge price drop. Unfortunately, manufacturers are stopping production of plasma TVs, which we all know have superior quality, and I think they're doing this because of this "green" initiative that all appliance manufacturers are trying to meet. The plasma is by no means energy efficient, but the quality is still much better and some people would rather quality over "green." It's like comparing a Bugatti to a Prius. Yes, the Prius is more energy efficient, but some of us don't care and would rather have the Bugatti, as long as they have the cash to keep buying gas.
Reply Plasma Panels

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page