Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 08-04-2014, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LG 47" Class Full HD 1080p 240Hz LCD TV

sold

Last edited by DrSeed; 08-13-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-05-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 380
^^^^^^^^ spam ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Mods please delete + ban poster

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #3 of 16 Old 08-05-2014, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

How is this spam? I read the rules and I don't think I'm breaking any of them. I'm just trying to sell my TV, bro.
post #4 of 16 Old 08-05-2014, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
^^^^^^^^ spam ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Mods please delete + ban poster
If I broke any rules, let me know. As far as I can tell, my ad is legitimate. I'm a normal person with a normal TV.
post #5 of 16 Old 08-06-2014, 12:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeed View Post
If I broke any rules, let me know. As far as I can tell, my ad is legitimate. I'm a normal person with a normal TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeed
How is this spam? I read the rules and I don't think I'm breaking any of them.
Read the forum classified ad rules AGAIN you missed a thing or two bro , NOT supposed to disguise 4 links to a craigslist add in one post or any post or even put them in there (that wasn't very slick btw ) says so right here to wit ,NO AUCTIONS or links to eBay, Craigslist or other sale sites........... you can do what U want and set any price worth it or not ,just not with any links to other sale listings or auctions 4 same ☺☺!

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-06-2014 at 01:15 AM.
post #6 of 16 Old 08-06-2014, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

That was a mistake. I have my ad on craigslist as well and I copied and pasted what I had written on there. I'll fix it.

--I have no idea why it automatically made certain words links to craigslist but it did, I did NOT make those words links when I made this listing. Seriously, what the hell kind of purpose would that serve me? And if I was actually trying to disguise links, that would be beyond stupid. It doesn't make any sense. So, its fixed. Sorry.

Last edited by DrSeed; 08-06-2014 at 08:14 AM.
post #7 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That was a mistake. I have my ad on craigslist as well and I copied and pasted what I had written on there. I'll fix it.

--I have no idea why it automatically made certain words links to craigslist but it did, I did NOT make those words links when I made this listing.
Odd that ur post tagged and linked words to a current craigslist listing no?
What probably happened is some embedded HTML tags from ur listing at C list were transferred to your posting here with cut and paste
(most likely and plausible event )especially considering the odd word choices

..... . At least you are off most wanted list now lucky 4 U some mods shoot to kill here these days .

PS you might want to do an advanced search of your listed or simnilar item at E bay for completed sold listing to establish a fair market value just saying . ☺☺☺

post #8 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Odd that ur post tagged and linked words to a current craigslist listing no?
What probably happened is some embedded HTML tags from ur listing at C list were transferred to your posting here with cut and paste
(most likely and plausible event )especially considering the odd word choices

..... . At least you are off most wanted list now lucky 4 U some mods shoot to kill here these days .

PS you might want to do an advanced search of your listed or simnilar item at E bay for completed sold listing to establish a fair market value just saying . ☺☺☺
Yes, I do believe that is what happened. I didn't intentionally link to my craigslist ad; I don't even see the point in doing that.

I have done extensive searching on this particular TV, and there are some used LG 47" that's almost just like this one for $575 or so, but this one is different because its LCD LED, and has the True Motion built into it. I bought it in 2009 for over $1200, and it was only used for the first year or so. After that, it was just sitting in a vacation home in South Dakota being cleaned once a week. So its almost brand new. I feel that $500 is a more than fair price!

Also, I THOUGHT I had just sold it today, but apparently I was totally duped by some incredibly complex yet stupid scam which ended up putting me out $400 with my bank. So I still have the TV, and its still available. Its a shame NO ONE wants to actually buy it, or even attempt to negotiate. I've been putting it all over the net and around town for sale for 2 months, with no real buyers so far. Its been rough, man. I'm basically in poverty and this is all I have left to sell aside from my beloved subwoofer (which I have for sale in the audio section). Oh, well. Thanks for pointing it out anyway, before I got permanently banned.
post #9 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes, I do believe that is what happened. I didn't intentionally link to my craigslist ad; I don't even see the point in doing that.

I have done extensive searching on this particular TV, and there are some used LG 47" that's almost just like this one for $575 or so, but this one is different because its LCD LED, and has the True Motion built into it. I bought it in 2009 for over $1200, and it was only used for the first year or so. After that, it was just sitting in a vacation home in South Dakota being cleaned once a week. So its almost brand new. I feel that $500 is a more than fair price!

Also, I THOUGHT I had just sold it today, but apparently I was totally duped by some incredibly complex yet stupid scam which ended up putting me out $400 with my bank. So I still have the TV, and its still available. Its a shame NO ONE wants to actually buy it, or even attempt to negotiate. I've been putting it all over the net and around town for sale for 2 months, with no real buyers so far. Its been rough, man. I'm basically in poverty and this is all I have left to sell aside from my beloved subwoofer (which I have for sale in the audio section). Oh, well. Thanks for pointing it out anyway, before I got permanently banned.
50" < LCD /LED are inexpensive commodity brand new now you can bet the ones you seen ain't selling for $575 that's why you still have yours , you can score a NIB W600B Sony 48" for that way better set just the way it is good for buyers ,not so good for sellers.

Sorry to hear about your troubles mate . I don't sell on C list unless it's cash and carry and I'm strapped with a nine when I meet the buyer, other than that it's E Bay and Pay Pal only

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-07-2014 at 08:01 PM.
post #10 of 16 Old 08-08-2014, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
50" < LCD /LED are inexpensive commodity brand new now you can bet the ones you seen ain't selling for $575 that's why you still have yours , you can score a NIB W600B Sony 48" for that way better set just the way it is good for buyers ,not so good for sellers.

Sorry to hear about your troubles mate . I don't sell on C list unless it's cash and carry and I'm strapped with a nine when I meet the buyer, other than that it's E Bay and Pay Pal only
I see. Well, thanks for the tip. I appreciate it. In that case, what price would you suggest I sell it for?

C-list is pretty shaky, I see your point. Lesson learned.
post #11 of 16 Old 08-08-2014, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I see. Well, thanks for the tip. I appreciate it. In that case, what price would you suggest I sell it for?

probably~ 2 bills considering it's age and all not to mention NIB 50" can be had for sometimes 4-5 bills and new 42 for just over 3 that one is in prime time for a bad cap thing !

post #12 of 16 Old 08-08-2014, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
probably~ 2 bills considering it's age and all not to mention NIB 50" can be had for sometimes 4-5 bills and new 42 for just over 3 that one is in prime time for a bad cap thing !
Thanks for the tip, but that's just not feasible. Its not very old, and its in perfect condition. Any TV for 5 bills isn't within the same quality as this one; I truly do know what I'm talking about. My friend who manages a large retail electronics store says its worth even more for the condition its in as well as the type. I myself worked as an audio visual tech for over 7 years and I installed and designed my own projection booth for an independent movie theater that still to this day does the International Film Festival as well as the Shorts Festival and a few others. I'm not sure where you're getting your information but I'm convinced you're missing something here. There is no way its worth only $200...

Perhaps no one here will buy it, especially after reading your comments (hardy har), but I've gotten plenty of people asking about it so its only a matter of time before someone goes for it. My problem is that I'm running low on time, I'm in a large hole financially and am unfortunately stuck in the mountains of the high desert where steady work is hard to come by, especially in my profession. Once again, I do appreciate your advice but I just don't agree with you on this. I do realize there are other HDTVs of the same size and larger that go for around $500 or less, maybe, but not with the TruMotion and LCD LED. Not that I have seen, anyway. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but I doubt it. In any case, unless you personally are in the market for a TV and are looking to negotiate a price on this, I just don't see how I can or even should lower the price...
post #13 of 16 Old 08-08-2014, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Any TV for 5 bills isn't within the same quality as this one.
If you believe that I have have a bridge for sale you must not be aware of the progress made in silicon+algorithms and TFT panels since ~2007. everybody has motion enhancement and or 120Hz panels LCD /LED.now nobody makes
CCFL /LCD any more you need to get out a little more old LG never had a reputation I don't know where you get that ?

I would venture to say a Current Insignia ( Hisense) from Best Buy will exceed it easily besides LG were never all that anyways back then they still aren't if you exclude LG WOLED . I have a 2013 Sony and LG ,the Sony destroys the LG so does 2012 Toshiba ! ☺☺☺☺

Believe what you want doesn't make it so . UR friend is full of it or telling you what you want to hear as evidenced by the fact you have not sold it or received any serious offers.

TIP , Something is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it and what a seller id willing to get off of it for .

Quote:
There is no way its worth only $200...
You asked me what I thought it was worth and you don't like the answer to bad don't ask next time !
I paid ~$2200 dollars ($1900.00 after haggle discount and Costco price match ) for a Sony XBR HD FD Wega CRT in ~2003 .......... I gave it away in 2012 it still worked as new and almost had to beg someone to take off my hands besides .

Quote:
I truly do know what I'm talking about..
Not about TV's ROTLMAO

Quote:
Perhaps no one here will buy it, especially after reading your comments.
How long you been trying to sell that thing ,months I think you said and you asked my opinion besides !

Keep in mind in the aggregate AVS members are likely to be smart enough to figure out a good deal and a good set ............... or not ! ☺☺☺1

Quote:
In any case, unless you personally are in the market for a TV and are looking to negotiate a price on this, I just don't see how I can or even should lower the price...
I have 6 TV's here oldest one is late 2012 all Samsung ,Toshiba and Sony and one LG (the LG is the mutt here)
why would I want another one unless it was WOLED ?

Anyway good luck I hope your circumstance changes for the better

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-08-2014 at 08:17 PM.
post #14 of 16 Old 08-09-2014, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Alright, then. I'll take all of that into consideration. I'm sure if no one buys it then I'll eventually sell it for less, but I still feel like there's hope that someone will buy it for $500. If what you're saying it true, I'll be eating my words. Damn.

If someone on here offers to buy it for $200, I'll do it.
post #15 of 16 Old 08-09-2014, 11:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Alright, then. I'll take all of that into consideration. I'm sure if no one buys it then I'll eventually sell it for less, but I still feel like there's hope that someone will buy it for $500. If what you're saying it true, I'll be eating my words. Damn.

If someone on here offers to buy it for $200, I'll do it.
I wish you luck hope you get something you feel is reasonable for it .

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-10-2014 at 12:53 PM.
post #16 of 16 Old 08-10-2014, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I wish you luck hope you get something you feel is reasonable for it .
Thanks. This is the last good thing I have to sell. I have to get something decent for it. Its a classy TV, man. Thanks again for your time and help.
Reply LCD Panels
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page