LG 47" Class Full HD 1080p 240Hz LCD TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 08-04-2014, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LG 47" Class Full HD 1080p 240Hz LCD TV

sold

Last edited by DrSeed; 08-13-2014 at 09:01 PM.
DrSeed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 08-05-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tubetwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Posts: 3,190
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 380
^^^^^^^^ spam ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Mods please delete + ban poster

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
tubetwister is online now  
post #3 of 16 Old 08-05-2014, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
How is this spam? I read the rules and I don't think I'm breaking any of them. I'm just trying to sell my TV, bro.
DrSeed is offline  
post #4 of 16 Old 08-05-2014, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
^^^^^^^^ spam ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Mods please delete + ban poster
If I broke any rules, let me know. As far as I can tell, my ad is legitimate. I'm a normal person with a normal TV.
DrSeed is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 08-06-2014, 12:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tubetwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Posts: 3,190
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeed View Post
If I broke any rules, let me know. As far as I can tell, my ad is legitimate. I'm a normal person with a normal TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeed
How is this spam? I read the rules and I don't think I'm breaking any of them.
Read the forum classified ad rules AGAIN you missed a thing or two bro , NOT supposed to disguise 4 links to a craigslist add in one post or any post or even put them in there (that wasn't very slick btw ) says so right here to wit ,NO AUCTIONS or links to eBay, Craigslist or other sale sites........... you can do what U want and set any price worth it or not ,just not with any links to other sale listings or auctions 4 same ☺☺!

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-06-2014 at 01:15 AM.
tubetwister is online now  
post #6 of 16 Old 08-06-2014, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
That was a mistake. I have my ad on craigslist as well and I copied and pasted what I had written on there. I'll fix it.

--I have no idea why it automatically made certain words links to craigslist but it did, I did NOT make those words links when I made this listing. Seriously, what the hell kind of purpose would that serve me? And if I was actually trying to disguise links, that would be beyond stupid. It doesn't make any sense. So, its fixed. Sorry.

Last edited by DrSeed; 08-06-2014 at 08:14 AM.
DrSeed is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tubetwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Posts: 3,190
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeed View Post
That was a mistake. I have my ad on craigslist as well and I copied and pasted what I had written on there. I'll fix it.

--I have no idea why it automatically made certain words links to craigslist but it did, I did NOT make those words links when I made this listing.
Odd that ur post tagged and linked words to a current craigslist listing no?
What probably happened is some embedded HTML tags from ur listing at C list were transferred to your posting here with cut and paste
(most likely and plausible event )especially considering the odd word choices

..... . At least you are off most wanted list now lucky 4 U some mods shoot to kill here these days .

PS you might want to do an advanced search of your listed or simnilar item at E bay for completed sold listing to establish a fair market value just saying . ☺☺☺

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
tubetwister is online now  
post #8 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
Odd that ur post tagged and linked words to a current craigslist listing no?
What probably happened is some embedded HTML tags from ur listing at C list were transferred to your posting here with cut and paste
(most likely and plausible event )especially considering the odd word choices

..... . At least you are off most wanted list now lucky 4 U some mods shoot to kill here these days .

PS you might want to do an advanced search of your listed or simnilar item at E bay for completed sold listing to establish a fair market value just saying . ☺☺☺
Yes, I do believe that is what happened. I didn't intentionally link to my craigslist ad; I don't even see the point in doing that.

I have done extensive searching on this particular TV, and there are some used LG 47" that's almost just like this one for $575 or so, but this one is different because its LCD LED, and has the True Motion built into it. I bought it in 2009 for over $1200, and it was only used for the first year or so. After that, it was just sitting in a vacation home in South Dakota being cleaned once a week. So its almost brand new. I feel that $500 is a more than fair price!

Also, I THOUGHT I had just sold it today, but apparently I was totally duped by some incredibly complex yet stupid scam which ended up putting me out $400 with my bank. So I still have the TV, and its still available. Its a shame NO ONE wants to actually buy it, or even attempt to negotiate. I've been putting it all over the net and around town for sale for 2 months, with no real buyers so far. Its been rough, man. I'm basically in poverty and this is all I have left to sell aside from my beloved subwoofer (which I have for sale in the audio section). Oh, well. Thanks for pointing it out anyway, before I got permanently banned.
DrSeed is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tubetwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Posts: 3,190
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeed View Post
Yes, I do believe that is what happened. I didn't intentionally link to my craigslist ad; I don't even see the point in doing that.

I have done extensive searching on this particular TV, and there are some used LG 47" that's almost just like this one for $575 or so, but this one is different because its LCD LED, and has the True Motion built into it. I bought it in 2009 for over $1200, and it was only used for the first year or so. After that, it was just sitting in a vacation home in South Dakota being cleaned once a week. So its almost brand new. I feel that $500 is a more than fair price!

Also, I THOUGHT I had just sold it today, but apparently I was totally duped by some incredibly complex yet stupid scam which ended up putting me out $400 with my bank. So I still have the TV, and its still available. Its a shame NO ONE wants to actually buy it, or even attempt to negotiate. I've been putting it all over the net and around town for sale for 2 months, with no real buyers so far. Its been rough, man. I'm basically in poverty and this is all I have left to sell aside from my beloved subwoofer (which I have for sale in the audio section). Oh, well. Thanks for pointing it out anyway, before I got permanently banned.
50" < LCD /LED are inexpensive commodity brand new now you can bet the ones you seen ain't selling for $575 that's why you still have yours , you can score a NIB W600B Sony 48" for that way better set just the way it is good for buyers ,not so good for sellers.

Sorry to hear about your troubles mate . I don't sell on C list unless it's cash and carry and I'm strapped with a nine when I meet the buyer, other than that it's E Bay and Pay Pal only

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-07-2014 at 08:01 PM.
tubetwister is online now  
post #10 of 16 Old 08-08-2014, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
50" < LCD /LED are inexpensive commodity brand new now you can bet the ones you seen ain't selling for $575 that's why you still have yours , you can score a NIB W600B Sony 48" for that way better set just the way it is good for buyers ,not so good for sellers.

Sorry to hear about your troubles mate . I don't sell on C list unless it's cash and carry and I'm strapped with a nine when I meet the buyer, other than that it's E Bay and Pay Pal only
I see. Well, thanks for the tip. I appreciate it. In that case, what price would you suggest I sell it for?

C-list is pretty shaky, I see your point. Lesson learned.
DrSeed is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 08-08-2014, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tubetwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Posts: 3,190
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeed View Post
I see. Well, thanks for the tip. I appreciate it. In that case, what price would you suggest I sell it for?

.
probably~ 2 bills considering it's age and all not to mention NIB 50" can be had for sometimes 4-5 bills and new 42 for just over 3 that one is in prime time for a bad cap thing !

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
tubetwister is online now  
post #12 of 16 Old 08-08-2014, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
probably~ 2 bills considering it's age and all not to mention NIB 50" can be had for sometimes 4-5 bills and new 42 for just over 3 that one is in prime time for a bad cap thing !
Thanks for the tip, but that's just not feasible. Its not very old, and its in perfect condition. Any TV for 5 bills isn't within the same quality as this one; I truly do know what I'm talking about. My friend who manages a large retail electronics store says its worth even more for the condition its in as well as the type. I myself worked as an audio visual tech for over 7 years and I installed and designed my own projection booth for an independent movie theater that still to this day does the International Film Festival as well as the Shorts Festival and a few others. I'm not sure where you're getting your information but I'm convinced you're missing something here. There is no way its worth only $200...

Perhaps no one here will buy it, especially after reading your comments (hardy har), but I've gotten plenty of people asking about it so its only a matter of time before someone goes for it. My problem is that I'm running low on time, I'm in a large hole financially and am unfortunately stuck in the mountains of the high desert where steady work is hard to come by, especially in my profession. Once again, I do appreciate your advice but I just don't agree with you on this. I do realize there are other HDTVs of the same size and larger that go for around $500 or less, maybe, but not with the TruMotion and LCD LED. Not that I have seen, anyway. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but I doubt it. In any case, unless you personally are in the market for a TV and are looking to negotiate a price on this, I just don't see how I can or even should lower the price...
DrSeed is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 08-08-2014, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tubetwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Posts: 3,190
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeed
Any TV for 5 bills isn't within the same quality as this one.
If you believe that I have have a bridge for sale you must not be aware of the progress made in silicon+algorithms and TFT panels since ~2007. everybody has motion enhancement and or 120Hz panels LCD /LED.now nobody makes
CCFL /LCD any more you need to get out a little more old LG never had a reputation I don't know where you get that ?


I would venture to say a Current Insignia ( Hisense) from Best Buy will exceed it easily besides LG were never all that anyways back then they still aren't if you exclude LG WOLED . I have a 2013 Sony and LG ,the Sony destroys the LG so does 2012 Toshiba ! ☺☺☺☺

Believe what you want doesn't make it so . UR friend is full of it or telling you what you want to hear as evidenced by the fact you have not sold it or received any serious offers.

TIP , Something is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it and what a seller id willing to get off of it for .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeed
There is no way its worth only $200...
You asked me what I thought it was worth and you don't like the answer to bad don't ask next time !
I paid ~$2200 dollars ($1900.00 after haggle discount and Costco price match ) for a Sony XBR HD FD Wega CRT in ~2003 .......... I gave it away in 2012 it still worked as new and almost had to beg someone to take off my hands besides .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeed
I truly do know what I'm talking about..
Not about TV's ROTLMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeed
Perhaps no one here will buy it, especially after reading your comments.
How long you been trying to sell that thing ,months I think you said and you asked my opinion besides !

Keep in mind in the aggregate AVS members are likely to be smart enough to figure out a good deal and a good set ............... or not ! ☺☺☺1



Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeed
In any case, unless you personally are in the market for a TV and are looking to negotiate a price on this, I just don't see how I can or even should lower the price...
I have 6 TV's here oldest one is late 2012 all Samsung ,Toshiba and Sony and one LG (the LG is the mutt here)
why would I want another one unless it was WOLED ?

Anyway good luck I hope your circumstance changes for the better

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-08-2014 at 08:17 PM.
tubetwister is online now  
post #14 of 16 Old 08-09-2014, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Alright, then. I'll take all of that into consideration. I'm sure if no one buys it then I'll eventually sell it for less, but I still feel like there's hope that someone will buy it for $500. If what you're saying it true, I'll be eating my words. Damn.

If someone on here offers to buy it for $200, I'll do it.
DrSeed is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 08-09-2014, 11:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tubetwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Posts: 3,190
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeed View Post
Alright, then. I'll take all of that into consideration. I'm sure if no one buys it then I'll eventually sell it for less, but I still feel like there's hope that someone will buy it for $500. If what you're saying it true, I'll be eating my words. Damn.

If someone on here offers to buy it for $200, I'll do it.
I wish you luck hope you get something you feel is reasonable for it .

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-10-2014 at 12:53 PM.
tubetwister is online now  
post #16 of 16 Old 08-10-2014, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
I wish you luck hope you get something you feel is reasonable for it .
Thanks. This is the last good thing I have to sell. I have to get something decent for it. Its a classy TV, man. Thanks again for your time and help.
DrSeed is offline  
Reply LCD Panels
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off