Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
[SOLD]
[SOLD]
[SOLD]
[SOLD]
[SOLD]

There are no problems with image. Picture AND sound are EXCELLENT!

Model: Sony KD-34XBR960

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wxFP4fF9aBa/p_158KD34XBR/Sony-KD-34XBR960.html

http://www.avsforum.com/t/408146/the-official-kd-34xbr960-thread

Do you want the best picture and quite frankly the best sound from a TV (without using an external receiver/amplifier/surround sound system)?

It pains me to put this up for sale but I think it's time. This TV uses Sony's Super Fine Pitch widescreen HD tube. It is the best CRT ever made. If you don't believe me, check out discussion here on AVSForum and many other AV Reviews online.

I have used this TV in my pet free and smoke free home and it has been trouble-free. It has been used primarily for XBOX 360 gaming (connected via HDMI). It is always used with a surge protector/line conditioner and unplugged during inclement weather. Everything works on the TV and I have never had any problems with it. I am hoping to find a buyer who will treasure this for the real value that it is.

This TV has NTSC, ATSC and QAM tuners. It also has a cable card slot in the back.
IF you are looking at this listing, you probably already know how awesome this TV is.

Please email Mike with any questions! I look forward to hearing from you!

$175 Cash only and I am unable to deliver it.

I am on the east side of Cleveland, Ohio.

Reply to the ad or send me an email at chylomicron2005 AT hotmail dawt com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-28-2014, 08:22 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Well, it's time. I'm planning to move from LA to Chicago (probably by September of October) and have decided that my long-loved and much cared-for 34XBR960 will not be making the trip with me.

I am the one-and-only original owner of this XBR960, purchasing this set back in early 2004 when the picture tube in my previous Sampo SME-34WHD5 died. I had previously purchased the Sampo back in 2000 because at the time it was the highest-rated CRT HDTV available. And this was not untrue... the picture was simply fantastic.

So I did the same thing in 2004 when I didn't have an option about replacing the picture tube in the Sampo (they no longer sold TV's or parts) and had to look for a new set. Again, I wanted the highest-rated CRT HDTV available, and the 34XBR960 was just that. But even more remarkably, its HDTV picture was quite a different "look" than that of the Sampo, being much more film-like and with much more "depth of image".

If you're considering an XBR960, you know what you're looking for. This one is cosmetically and functionally and electronically perfect. The remote also works perfectly. All inputs work perfectly, although I've only used INPUT7 (HDMI) for the past few years after acquiring a multi-HDMI-input AVR. Before that I was using INPUT6 (component video) for HDTV distributed from my switcher along with INPUT1/3 for analog from satellite TV.

==> And it was calibrated by D-Nice in April 2013.

In January 2013 I acquired a Panasonic 65VT50 to be my main HDTV, and my XBR960 has pretty much not been used hardly at all since then. I thought I would still use it, and thus had D-Nice calibrate it at the same time as he also calibrated my 65VT50 in April 2013. The two HDTV images are now startlingly identical in color (the sets are right next to each other in the same room, so A/B comparison watching the identical image at the same time is objectively possible), although it's hard to not be distracted by the size difference in the two screens.

Anyway, I would like to find my 960 a good new home. I live in Los Angeles (Marina Del Rey), and will NOT ship it. You need to make arrangements to pick it up yourself. Don't forget it's about 200 lbs and bulky. You'll need at least 2-3 strong people to carry it outside to a dolly, so that you can then roll it to the elevator and down to the garage of my apartment building.

$250 and it's yours. There is no Sony stand. I have it sitting on my own custom-built credenza rack, which is not for sale.

Again, perfect picture, calibrated last year by D-Nice. I will provide an XLS spreadsheet with all of the user menu and service menu settings currently in effect.

PM me if you're interested, and if you'd like to come by to see it first before buying. Bring your own reference material for viewing if you want to see, but I can also show you the sample collage from S&M setup disc, playing on both 65VT50 and XBR960 simultaneously side-by-side.
Reply Direct View CRT