Sony XBR800 boards - seeking provisional offers to be considered - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-22-2014, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sadly I've had to dispose of my 34" Sony XBR800 CRT as I've got builders coming in to replace all my windows soon and I would have had to be shifting the TV around a lot, which is impossible for me on my own.

However, I removed all the boards from it first, just in case anyone here would be interested in buying them. I'm not asking for any definite offers yet but if anyone indicates they might be, I'll get them photographed, etc and then you can decide. Obviously depending on where you are, there'll be the cost of shipping, so it'll probably be best if you just make me an offer and I'll find out how much shipping will be and whether I'll make enough to make it worth it for me. If you only want one or two boards, the shipping will obviously be less than if you want the lot.

The TV was working fine before I dismantled it, so the boards should all be working fine still. A few years ago, I had to replace the ICs on the D Board, so I fitted sockets for those in case they needed replacing again and in fact one of the chips blew in about a month but it must have just been a bad chip as after replacing it again, I haven't had anymore problems for the last couple of years.

I did have to cut a couple of the leads coming from the transformer (not the HT one, that's intact with it's sucker on the end) as I couldn't see any way to free them otherwise. I think they were both going to the wire that ran around the tube, so I guess they were some sort of grounding. Now the board's out, I can see what might be a couple of little screws that will release them but I'm not sure. I wonder how the technicians swap this board out without having to cut those two wires?

EDIT: Note, I'm in the UK, so shipping and possible import duties need to taken into consideration if you're in the US or elsewhere. For the M board, which comes in at just under 500g with packaging, to the US it would be £8 without tracking or insurance or £14 with tracking and up to £50 insurance. The other boards are larger and heavier, so would be a bit more. I'm not sure exactly how much but I'll get a price if anyone is interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-25-2014, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Adding photos of the M Board:

XBR800_M_board_serial.png

XBR800_M_board_wide.png
Reply Direct View CRT

User Tag List