Sony GDM 24" CRT-BRAND NEW (Gamers Delight) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-18-2014, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sony GDM 24" CRT-BRAND NEW (Gamers Delight)

SonyGDM-FW900 24" FD Trinitron Monitor for sale

This monitor has to be seen to be believed. An awesome screen measuring 13" by 19" comes to life as you fire up this beast. The widescreen resolution, clarity, brightness and staggering scale absolutely blows away my former 21" monitors, which simply don't hold a candle to this monstrosity.
I am an avid computer gamer and beta-tester, as well as a writer, photographer and film maker.
I went through a large volume of research before settling on this monitor to replace my aging NEC 21" MultiSync P1150 monitor, which had served me well for several years. Possessing nearly the image size of the 27" television in my bedroom, this monitor is well suited for work or play. I can work on two 8x11 word documents side by side at the same time, and movies, games, trailers, all come to crisp, mind-blowing life. You can actually watch DVDs in their original 16x9 movie theatre format, and if you've seen Sony's WEGA flat-screen televisions, this monitor is cut from the same mold. Featuring a fine dot pitch of .23 in the center, the entire image is very clear and without distortion, even at the edges. Viewing regular web pages and my desktop in the unusual 16x10 format is not as distracting as it sounds at first, and having the extra screen real estate is much appreciated (nearly twice the area of a 21" monitor and almost three times that of a 17"). In short, while heavy (92 pounds), it is worth every penny.
This monitor will allow you to play games at 2048 x 1536, a mind-boggling, staggering resolution if there ever was one. As General Chang once said, "you have not experienced Shakespeare until you have experienced it in the original Klingon." This monitor is that "original Klingon," without a doubt, and simply incredible.
Don't fret about space. This monitor covers a footprint only slightly larger than my old 21" monitor, and weighs about 20 pounds more. The chassis is molded in a stylish silver and gray body, installation was a breeze and the four USB hubs in the base are much appreciated. I shopped this monitor against several flat panel monitors which cost thousands more (for a smaller viewable image size), making this is a comparative bargain. The image quality is similar to top of the line 21" monitors costing about $1,000, but the extra three inches in viewable image size real state is worth it. In short, it is bracketed well between the regular 21" monitors out there and the ultra-expensive flat panels costing up to twice as much. It is also the largest CRT monitor on the market, as the larger presentation monitors are basically modified televisions with .74 dot pitch, so their images won't be anywhere as crisp as Sony's GDM-FW900.

Thanks, WOODY

(Delivered for a fee, depending where)
Attached Images
File Type: png GDM FW-900.png (259.4 KB, 15 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-23-2014, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
how much and where
i am in nyc
post #3 of 3 Old 07-03-2014, 03:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I used to think people were on crack when I saw them buying and selling these things for these prices... then I had a chance to use one. This monitor is able as legit as it gets. Probably one of the best pictures I've ever seen.

Long live the fw-900
Reply Direct View CRT

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page