Hauppauge WinTV HD PVR (H.264) screenshot - Page 66 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1951 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
MichaelLAX: Current hdpvr driver won't work if computer is sleeping (or so I read, never tried). Log file should be in same directory as scheduler.exe. I have no idea why your MAC remote software is triggering it to record early. Sounds like its working tho. If its not to inconvienient, I would uninstall arcsoft, and run hauppages clean program, to remove hdpvr and all its software, then reinstall off the CD, with the new file system. Sure wouldn't hurt to pick up a $5 monitor from goodwill for it tho.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1952 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
my monitor shuts off or loses signal when i record for a long period of time... not sure if its my old monitor or what but it happens now alot..

any idea if this has anything to do with the HD PVR?

also if anyone can help with the original question

2011 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS- New York Giants!!!

Gamertag: GENERAL CUPKAKE
post #1953 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videojanitor View Post

I can't answer your other questions, but I have checked this out, and the delay through the component pass-through is essentially zero. The video doesn't go through any processing -- it just go through what appears to an an analog distribution amp, and then gets sent back through the outputs. I have compared the "in" and the "out" on side-by-side monitors, and they are in perfect sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJamez View Post

I wanted to be able to record from multiple sources without pulling cables, so I have a component splitter connected to the HDPVR - I'm now using my 360 through the HDPVR passthrough at all times, and there's no lag at all.

Thanks for the replies regarding the lag. Much appreciated.

Quote:

If you go that route, TMPGEnc Xpress works great (one of the few pieces of software I think is worth purchasing).

I didn't know it supported the HD-PVR TS files. What version of TMPGEnc Xpress do you use?

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, what do you do with the game captures?

I just watch 'em, really. I don't make "music videos" or "video reviews". No video editing (Unless you count cutting out certain parts and getting rid of overscan as editing a video). I just capture and convert.
post #1954 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN56706 View Post

my monitor shuts off or loses signal when i record for a long period of time... not sure if its my old monitor or what but it happens now alot..

any idea if this has anything to do with the HD PVR?

also if anyone can help with the original question

I don't know if your monitor problem is the same as I experienced but then again it could be. I recently purchased a HP Slimline computer with Vista installed. I connected it up to a 5 year old Viewsonic monitor which was previously connected to a Windows XP computer.

Using the HP's integrated graphics card, I began to experience blank screens from time to time on my monitor and the only way to get the image back was to power the monitor off and on at the power supply. I brought the computer to work and connected it to a new monitor and experienced no issues at all. Apparently I did not have a proper Vista driver for the old monitor.

I installed a Sapphire HD3450 fanless graphics card in the Slimline and have it connected to a Sharp 52" LCD TV. This will be my permanent setup for this computer and so far it has been problem free.

So possibly you are experiencing a driver issue with your old monitor.
post #1955 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

yeah... i was looking into changing my monitor anyways... i guess here is my reason....

post #1956 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

guys... got a question:

so yesterday i read here that in making an AVCHD you can record to the hard drive instead. so i did this yesterday.... now the file size is 11.5 gbs... and its taking forever to record. I started last night around 10:30pm and as of 6:30, its at 25%...... holy cow. why is it taking so long?

post #1957 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbarrack View Post

...the Fury might be bullet proof. It basically ignores HDCP (technically a HDCP stripper but not really). I think it gets around the issue by outputting to RGB. Anything that recieves RGB would ignore HDCP content.

I'm glad you brought this device up here, and I'm really interested to learn more about the picture quality of the HD Component Video output by the combination of the HD Fury and Box1020. It might, for one thing, be better than the HD CV from my cable box. It would also make my setup a lot more flexible. So it's an alternative I may want to explore for use with HDPVR. Can anyone reading here attest to its PQ?

But, I don't think it can "ignore" HDCP: the entire content of any protected program on the HDMI/HDCP link is encrypted digital data; if it is processing HDCP-protected content then the Fury has to have a HDCP license and it has been issued keys that are unique to it, it is decrypting the data and then putting it through a DAC (digital to analog converter). Before it can decrypt byte 1 to start making that analog RGB output, it goes through a handshake and key-exchange procedure with the source, in which each device (the source and the Fury) must convince the other that it is legitimate. All "they" have to do is decide (say in 2010 or so) that the Fury is part of the disallowed analog legacy and start updating the source devices to no longer accept the unique keys that identify the Fury. For any source that is up-to-date, the handshake will fail, the Fury will not be able decrypt the data, and its output will be blank. Having reviewed source material a bit to try to be sure I am saying this correctly, I am much more convinced now than I was originally - the capture path described will not be "bulletproof". I'd accept that it might well endure for a while after/if HD component video is first turned off. But even if you are using a BR player that you bought this year, I think "they" could slip a key repudiation aimed at the Fury into any new-in-2011 BR disc that you played in it. So much for a permanent, legal solution. Yeah, I guess HDCP is not very strong and can be compromised. But the legality of doing that looks pretty questionable in the USA.

{Oh, OK, maybe I got this all wrong and the Fury does not have a HDCP license at all, and is itself an unauthorized "HDCP stripper"; from what I've read, using such a device to enable you to view content that you have a right to view (such as, to reformat a signal that is actually not compatible with your TV) is quite possibly legal under the DMCA, but using it to make unauthorized recordings is seen quite differently.}

For reference and further reading - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCP
post #1958 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:

guys... got a question:

so yesterday i read here that in making an AVCHD you can record to the hard drive instead. so i did this yesterday.... now the file size is 11.5 gbs... and its taking forever to record. I started last night around 10:30pm and as of 6:30, its at 25%...... holy cow. why is it taking so long?

When it takes that long it is re-encoding. IME (and others' as well) the output of that process will certainly not play on the PS3 if burned to DVD (well I guess at 11.5GB and rolling there's no worry about that); there is some suggestion that it might play OK on PS3 if streamed from a media server, but I am not sure that is correct.

As we've mentioned several times, but not very recently [yeah, I suppose we should have a FAQ somewhere] using the "cutting room" in Total Media Studio (that's the app you get when click the film strip on the TME launcher - that is what you are using, yes?) always makes it re-encode, and that usually leads to garbage output; thus the "cutting room" must be avoided. Did you, perhaps, fall into that trap?

Or, if you actually didn't feed it a HDPVR TS file, but maybe an MPEG you got somewhere else, of course it would need to re-encode.

In any case, I wouldn't let it run through a 30 hour re- or trans- code - when I was using TMS and after I got wise to its issues, if the progress bar didn't start clicking up in the first 30 seconds, I canceled it.

[BTW, I seem to recall that there's an option regarding the audio you have to set in that tool, it's gotten a little vague for me, but if you click around its menu you should find the place to set it for AC3 audio - you need to select that .]
post #1959 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:

guys... got a question:

My guess- It's re-encoding the entire 11Gb file.
It's a very large file. It takes a lot of CPU power to re-encode. I use a quad core processor to do re-encoding... even with four CPU's large (11GB) files take 8-10 hrs to process. Try that with a single or even dual core and it could 24hrs or more processing time.
There must be some settings in your program that won't automatically re-encode?

EDIT: looks like the_tom replied whilst I was composing my reply.

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #1960 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_tom View Post

When it takes that long it is re-encoding. IME (and others' as well) the output of that process will certainly not play on the PS3 if burned to DVD (well I guess at 11.5GB and rolling there's no worry about that); there is some suggestion that it might play OK on PS3 if streamed from a media server, but I am not sure that is correct.

As we've mentioned several times, but not very recently [yeah, I suppose we should have a FAQ somewhere] using the "cutting room" in Total Media Studio (that's the app you get when click the film strip on the TME launcher - that is what you are using, yes?) always makes it re-encode, and that usually leads to garbage output; thus the "cutting room" must be avoided. Did you, perhaps, fall into that trap?

Or, if you actually didn't feed it a HDPVR TS file, but maybe an MPEG you got somewhere else, of course it would need to re-encode.

In any case, I wouldn't let it run through a 30 hour re- or trans- code - when I was using TMS and after I got wise to its issues, if the progress bar didn't start clicking up in the first 30 seconds, I canceled it.

[BTW, I seem to recall that there's an option regarding the audio you have to set in that tool, it's gotten a little vague for me, but if you click around its menu you should find the place to set it for AC3 audio - you need to select that .]

+1

I can also add that I have made AVCHD discs both on blank DVDs and burned to the hard drive, using MPEG2 files that were captured from my cable box via firewire and CapDVHS. TME did NOT re-encode, i've even made discs with both H.264 clips and MPEG2 clips and it didn't re-encode. Not sure what else causes it to re-encode other than the obvious using the "cutting room".
post #1961 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883 View Post

...I can also add that I have made AVCHD discs both on blank DVDs and burned to the hard drive, using MPEG2 files that were captured from my cable box via firewire and CapDVHS. TME did NOT re-encode, i've even made discs with both H.264 clips and MPEG2 clips and it didn't re-encode. ...

Ah, that is very interesting, I guess I was mistaken about that point. I should go back and try that again - it could be a handy option for processing some of those firewire captures.
post #1962 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

my whole thing is i am trying to stream it down to my ps3 so i am just testing to see if this worked...my intentions were to never put it on a dvd but for streaming... i bought the hd pvr to take the stuff off my Directv DVR and store them on my pc. my ultimate goal is to get a blu ray burner and put the hd stuff i liked on them(but with this whole recession thing, i havent done that yet)

actually i just upgraded my tversity to the newest version..i think it was 1.0....and it played one of my earlier files flawlessly with a 13.5 mbps...

post #1963 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 10:05 AM

I ordered a second unit a while ago and have been waiting for it, like everyone else. My credit card just got hit for an authorization for the exact amount of the HDPVR plus the shipping. So I'm guessing the floodgates are about to open - get ready for HDPVR Rev C3?

[They sure have a knack for timing, though... when I ordered with overnight shipping, they shipped on Friday: Monday delivery; this time I went for 2-day delivery, and it looks like they are going to ship on Thursday: Monday delivery!]

[Edit: order number 3583x, 06/30/08]
post #1964 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:

I'm glad you brought this device up here, and I'm really interested to learn more about the picture quality of the HD Component Video output by the combination of the HD Fury and Box1020. It might, for one thing, be better than the HD CV from my cable box. It would also make my setup a lot more flexible. So it's an alternative I may want to explore for use with HDPVR. Can anyone reading here attest to its PQ?

But, I don't think it can "ignore" HDCP: the entire content of any protected program on the HDMI/HDCP link is encrypted digital data; if it is processing HDCP-protected content then the Fury has to have a HDCP license and it has been issued keys that are unique to it, it is decrypting the data and then putting it through a DAC (digital to analog converter). Before it can decrypt byte 1 to start making that analog RGB output, it goes through a handshake and key-exchange procedure with the source, in which each device (the source and the Fury) must convince the other that it is legitimate. All "they" have to do is decide (say in 2010 or so) that the Fury is part of the disallowed analog legacy and start updating the source devices to no longer accept the unique keys that identify the Fury. For any source that is up-to-date, the handshake will fail, the Fury will not be able decrypt the data, and its output will be blank. Having reviewed source material a bit to try to be sure I am saying this correctly, I am much more convinced now than I was originally - the capture path described will not be "bulletproof". I'd accept that it might well endure for a while after/if HD component video is first turned off. But even if you are using a BR player that you bought this year, I think "they" could slip a key repudiation aimed at the Fury into any new-in-2011 BR disc that you played in it. So much for a permanent, legal solution. Yeah, I guess HDCP is not very strong and can be compromised. But the legality of doing that looks pretty questionable in the USA.

{Oh, OK, maybe I got this all wrong and the Fury does not have a HDCP license at all, and is itself an unauthorized "HDCP stripper"; from what I've read, using such a device to enable you to view content that you have a right to view (such as, to reformat a signal that is actually not compatible with your TV) is quite possibly legal under the DMCA, but using it to make unauthorized recordings is seen quite differently.}

For reference and further reading - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCP

I looked through the HDFURY site and forums, it's going to take a direct question to them to see how thier product works. By what they say it seems as if the device might identify itself as an analog monitor or as you suggest, maybe it uses no keys because legally it doesn't have to (being an RGB/analog device).

More disturbing to me is this article:

http://www.contentagenda.com/blog/15...?q=analog+hole

It makes me wonder why Hauppage rushed out the HD-PVR so fast when it clearly had hardware and software issues. Did they see thier window of opportunity shrinking?
post #1965 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I don't know if HDFury has a license or not, but you are right that any device putting out HDCP encrypted data will require the handshake and the data will have to be decrypted by the receiving device.

If they do have a license, or otherwise have their own unique key, you are right, their key could be revoked at any time on any source device which has the ability to revoke keys (which I believe is all of them). If they don't have a license the question becomes what keys are they using? If they are keys stolen from a very popular device (PS3? Xbox?) they are unlikely to be revoked for a long time. Doing so would create a huge uproar.
post #1966 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:

or as you suggest, maybe it uses no keys because legally it doesn't have to (being an RGB/analog device)....

I did not intend to suggest any such thing... I think said rather specifically that it must have keys to decrypt the HDCP-protected data stream. {Edit: Oh, I see how my last point in prior post could have been read as if I meant to suggest that... but I didn't}

Quote:

...More disturbing to me is this article:

Yah, that's been linked here before, it does seem ominous, especially seen as a step on a slippery slope.

Quote:

...It makes me wonder why Hauppage rushed out the HD-PVR so fast when it clearly had hardware and software issues. Did they see thier window of opportunity shrinking?

But I think it has a lot more to do with shrinking market share and shrinking sales due to being configured-out of some Dell models, and needing to get some hot new products into the market to gain mindshare, market share, and try to get their business healthy again.

Any launch can have some issues, I am not blind to them, nor am I happy about some of them, but over all it has been working better for me than I expected at launch.
post #1967 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 11:16 AM

Looks like my card was just hit as well. Unit should be on the way.
post #1968 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfn View Post

Looks like my card was just hit as well. Unit should be on the way.

they haven't hit mine yet, of course I only ordered two days ago, and I would assume they're doing them in the order they received them. My order # was 36233.
post #1969 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 11:26 AM

My RMA replacement (original unit: C2 revision) is being delivered today, and I've noticed that some of you are getting ready for your deliveries as well. Please do us a favor and reply back with your HD-PVR's revision number (e.g. "C2") when they come in.

I'm curious as to whether there's a new revision coming out because of the longer delay for Hauppauge filling their backlog. Of course, it could be simply because these units are selling like hotcakes, but...

So if anyone sees a "C3" revision (or anything like that), please alert this thread. Thanks!

"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said: 'I drank what?' " - Real Genius, 1985
post #1970 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbender9 View Post

So if anyone sees a "C3" revision (or anything like that), please alert this thread. Thanks!

C3PO?
post #1971 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelLAX View Post

C3PO?

As long as it's not a C3POS.

Anyhow I got mine from Amazon in about 1 1/2 weeks and it's a C2 rev. Works great and has great picture quality. Now if there was just some better editing software out there....
post #1972 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wokwokabc View Post

I don't know if HDFury has a license or not, but you are right that any device putting out HDCP encrypted data will require the handshake and the data will have to be decrypted by the receiving device.

If they do have a license, or otherwise have their own unique key, you are right, their key could be revoked at any time on any source device which has the ability to revoke keys (which I believe is all of them). If they don't have a license the question becomes what keys are they using? If they are keys stolen from a very popular device (PS3? Xbox?) they are unlikely to be revoked for a long time. Doing so would create a huge uproar.

Ok, found this at http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/sho...t=27203&page=2

Quoteby hdmivga:
"This product cannot be revoked
it's using SAME IC and same technology as PS3 is using.
HDMI/HDCP Sil Chipset

PS3 have HDMI transmitter
HDfury have HDMI receiver"

I don't know where he gets his info but I'm still researching for myself.
post #1973 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8shun View Post

I didn't know it supported the HD-PVR TS files. What version of TMPGEnc Xpress do you use?

4.0, which I think is now 4.5.x - they just released an update a couple of weeks back with better h264 support, blu-ray, and some other stuff. I had some periodic crashing problems with the last version (while setting up an encode, not during encoding), and those are apparently fixed.
post #1974 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:

More disturbing to me is this article:

It makes me wonder why Hauppage rushed out the HD-PVR so fast when it clearly had hardware and software issues. Did they see thier window of opportunity shrinking?

The industry IS pushing hard on that petition for a "limited" exception to the SOC rule, Personally, I think they don't care a bit about this "early release" window that is the pretext for the petition, and that this is nothing more than a matter of getting one foot in the door on what they really want which is the legal authority to use technology that they already have to shut off all analog outputs on all HD material.

You should read the MPAA's petition. You'll particularly enjoy reading about how this is all for the benefit of we, the viewing public.

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...ent=6520012832
post #1975 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zon74 View Post

The industry IS pushing hard on that petition for a "limited" exception to the SOC rule, Personally, I think they don't care a bit about this "early release" window that is the pretext for the petition, and that this is nothing more than a matter of getting one foot in the door on what they really want which is the legal authority to use technology that they already have to shut off all analog outputs on all HD material.

You should read the MPAA's petition. You'll particularly enjoy reading about how this is all for the benefit of we, the viewing public.

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...ent=6520012832

Does anyone remember boxing? When I was growing up it was on over the air TV all the time. Watching a heavyweight fight was a big event and almost everyone would talk about it the next day. Then they started pushing it to cable and then PPV. Now nobody follows it much anymore but the diehards. It's popularity was destroyed by thier greed.

There is not much of a movie-going public anymore (lets see - rediculous ticket prices and theaters that are smaller with worse equipment than our home theaters) so if they limit thier access to thier product enough, we will find something to replace it. Cable stations are fighting for audiences and if I was a small film company, offering my titles for a bargain might be a way to make an impact (anyone remember Paramount affering thier titles in the early days of vhs for 29.99 when everyone else was at 80.00).

Bottom line - they are always undone by thier stupidity and greed and when they alienate thier audience they will either crash and burn or come crawling back for forgiveness.

As Paramount found out when they priced thier titles reasonably - they were making a killing and forced everyone else to match them. And making rentals available for cheap also generated huge revenues for the studios and made piracy non-cost effective. It's funny how these guys seem to have to relearn these lessons all the time.
post #1976 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 05:09 PM

Well. I just got my RMA replacement unit back from Hauppauge and two things:

1. If you send anything back to Hauppauge, ONLY SEND THE UNIT. Not the other things like, say... the power cord. Because when you get it back, you don't get the other things back, like... THE @#$%@!# POWER CORD! So now I'm stuck with a replacement HD-PVR, but no power cord.

2. This made me feel much better. I sent them a revision C2 unit (one of the first updated models) and I get back a C1 unit. That's right, a C1 revision.

Here's the letter that was enclosed with the replacement unit and updated CD-Rom:

------------------------------

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your patience as the Hauppauge engineering team worked through the problems reported with the HD PVR. Our analysis has shown that some of the H.264 encoder chops we were using needed a hardware modification to encode reliably. At the same time, we have addressed the heat issues raised by some customers.

We have also made some improvements to the HD PVR driver which can be found on the enclosed CD version 1.0B. Please update the drivers by running HCWDRIVERINSTALL.EXE in the root directory of the CD.

(rest omitted)

------------------------------

I'd love to call them regarding the missing power cord and revision# but... they're closed.

Man, I have run out of patience with this company.

"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said: 'I drank what?' " - Real Genius, 1985
post #1977 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:

Does anyone remember boxing? When I was growing up it was on over the air TV all the time. Watching a heavyweight fight was a big event and almost everyone would talk about it the next day. Then they started pushing it to cable and then PP. Now nobody follows it much anymore but the die hards. It's popularity was destroyed by their greed.

I sure do. TGIF began at various local watering holes with the Gillette Friday Night Fights on the TV. Conversation usually took precedence but the TV filled in the lulls. Somewhat like Muzak.
post #1978 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:

Well. I just got my RMA replacement unit back from Hauppauge and two things:

1. If you send anything back to Hauppauge, ONLY SEND THE UNIT. Not the other things like, say... the power cord. Because when you get it back, you don't get the other things back, like... THE @#$%@!# POWER CORD! So now I'm stuck with a replacement HD-PVR, but no power cord....

OUCH!

When I sent mine back on day 2, they specifically told me to send back only the unit and the power supply. And they sent me back - a unit and a power supply. I think they were still sorting out the hardware issue then, and it could have been a voltage problem with the power supply... I suppose they must have settled that.

But, fair warning to all from what happened to bender: be sure to only send back the parts they want you to!

Anyway, the power supply is 5V Center Positive (I just unplugged my HDPVR and metered it to make sure), Size M (that's the size I bought to make a Y cable); and it says on its label that it supplies 3A at 5V (there's a good safety margin there, that's 15W, and Haup says the HDPVR uses 10W).

Your local Radio Shack may well be able to fix you up with a working power supply. If you are feeling brave and determined. OH it's Thursday (my work week just ended, it feels like Fri) maybe they will tell you the same in the morning.

And, as the lawyer screaming in my ear says, "this info is provided in good faith in the hope it may be useful, but use it at your own risk; no warranty of any kind attaches to it" etc. etc.
post #1979 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:

Ok, found this at http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/sho...t=27203&page=2

Quoteby hdmivga:
"This product cannot be revoked
it's using SAME IC and same technology as PS3 is using.
HDMI/HDCP Sil Chipset

PS3 have HDMI transmitter
HDfury have HDMI receiver"

I don't know where he gets his info but I'm still researching for myself.

Yeah, and what are the chances I'm going to click a link to "Evil Avatar" dot com ? Or take them seriously? (not to discourage further research)
post #1980 of 5196 Old 07-17-2008, 06:25 PM

Finally got those TS Cutter edited files playing on the 360..

1) h264TS Cutter - As has been posted, in Options/Settings/Advanced, change CutIn frame type to I-Frame, and CutOut to All-Frames. Don't forget to use the scrollwheel, makes the editing process a lot easier. Cuts aren't 'frame accurate', but they're pretty close. **Update** Also in Options/Settings/TS-Settings, uncheck Sync Audio/Video Delay, otherwise you'll get sync issues that get worse at each cut point.

2) tsMuxeR - No settings to change, just add your edited ts file, click Demux, Start, and wait. You'll get a .264 file and one without an extension, make the latter .aac.

3) mp4Muxer - Click Add, and add the .264 and .aac files (separately). Above the Add button, click Browse and name your output file. Only setting to change is the FPS, set it to 59.9401. In the upper left corner of the window click Multiplex.

That's it, you should have a file playable (streamed or otherwise) on the 360 in all its HD glory..

Couple of notes... and where I got hung up..

* When editing in h264TS Cutter, if you remove anything from the beginning, it won't play on the 360. So you need to keep at least one frame from the beginning of the file. To do this, make sure the Start box is at 0, click the > button once to move ahead one frame, and click Add. Then go on about the rest of your cuts as usual.

* The 360 will not play files over 4GB in size (except for wmv). If need be, you can set h264TS Cutter to split its output in Options/Settings/TS-Settings and then demux/remux them individually as explained above. Ideally, you could just split the final mp4 file, but I don't think it can be done. I'd recommend figuring out the bitrate you need ahead of time, as opposed to using the max 13.5 or even the default. I captured the same piece of video at 13.5MB/s and 5MB/s, and reencoded the 13.5 down to 5 (same format), and there was no comparison, the lower bitrate video encoded by the HDPVR was FAR superior.

Hope that helps somebody!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page