Avisynth Script for doubling video frame rates - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 1968 Old 07-15-2010, 01:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've done a lot of testing of high-action scenes and it seems like pel=2 delivers better quality than pel=4 in general.
Also, I discovered by accident that blksize supports the value 32 as well (despite what the documentation says) and I found that it makes rather large improvements to high-motion scenes. So my new script recommendation is this:

Code:
super      = MSuper(pel=2, hpad=0, vpad=0, rfilter=4)
backward_1 = MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=true,  blksize=32, searchparam=3, plevel=0, search=3, badrange=(-24))
forward_1  = MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=false, blksize=32, searchparam=3, plevel=0, search=3, badrange=(-24))
backward_2 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, backward_1, blksize=16, searchparam=1, search=3)
forward_2  = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, forward_1,  blksize=16, searchparam=1, search=3)
backward_3 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, backward_2, blksize=4,  searchparam=0, search=3)
forward_3  = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, forward_2,  blksize=4,  searchparam=0, search=3)
MFlowFps(super, backward_3, forward_3, num=60, den=1)
Attached are comparisons. They are of two consecutive, interpolated frames. So you can see the newer script reduces the tearing significantly.
The script used in the "old" images (so NOT RECOMMENDED) is:

Code:
super      = MSuper(pel=4, hpad=0, vpad=0, rfilter=4)
backward_1 = MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=true,  blksize=16, blksizev=16, searchparam=3, plevel=0, search=3, badrange=(-24))
forward_1  = MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=false, blksize=16, blksizev=16, searchparam=3, plevel=0, search=3, badrange=(-24))
backward_2 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, backward_1, blksize=8, blksizev=8, searchparam=1, search=3)
forward_2  = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, forward_1,  blksize=8, blksizev=8, searchparam=1, search=3)
backward_3 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, backward_2, blksize=4, blksizev=4, searchparam=0, search=3)
forward_3  = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, forward_2,  blksize=4, blksizev=4, searchparam=0, search=3)
so you can see what has changed
LL
LL
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1968 Old 07-15-2010, 05:20 AM

Actually, it seems like it might be best to have different blksize values for different resolutions, so I will continue my tests and when I'm finished I'll write a script that automatically chooses the best values based on resolution. Should be done tomorrow.
post #453 of 1968 Old 07-15-2010, 07:24 PM

Ok, like I suspected, different blksizes are better for different resolutions. I found that both 1080p and 720 benefit from 32,16,4, while 480p benefits from 16,8,4. So, the script has now gone from:

Code:
super      = MSuper(pel=2, hpad=0, vpad=0, rfilter=4)
backward_1 = MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=true,  blksize=32, searchparam=3, plevel=0, search=3, badrange=(-24))
forward_1  = MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=false, blksize=32, searchparam=3, plevel=0, search=3, badrange=(-24))
backward_2 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, backward_1, blksize=16, searchparam=1, search=3)
forward_2  = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, forward_1,  blksize=16, searchparam=1, search=3)
backward_3 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, backward_2, blksize=4,  searchparam=0, search=3)
forward_3  = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, forward_2,  blksize=4,  searchparam=0, search=3)
To:

Code:
super = MSuper(pel=2, hpad=0, vpad=0, rfilter=4)
Width > 720 ? Eval("""
""") \\
: Eval("""
        backward_1 = MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=true,  blksize=16, searchparam=3, plevel=0, search=3, badrange=(-24))
        forward_1  = MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=false, blksize=16, searchparam=3, plevel=0, search=3, badrange=(-24))
        backward_2 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, backward_1, blksize=8, searchparam=1, search=3)
        forward_2  = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, forward_1,  blksize=8, searchparam=1, search=3)
        backward_3 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, backward_2, blksize=4, searchparam=0, search=3)
        forward_3  = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, forward_2,  blksize=4, searchparam=0, search=3)
""")
Let me know how that goes
post #454 of 1968 Old 07-16-2010, 01:57 AM

Excellent.

Just a question (sorry if it has been addressed before):

You use 60fps for output. Does it means that you take a 24fps (23.976) movie and insert frames unevenly to get 60fps without judder/staggering? (reclock assuming to lock to 60fps). Would'nt the picture quality suffer from this? (in general, not only on fast movement)

If I want to take 24fps or 25fps movies and display them at 50fps, how would the script change? (num=50 ?)

My projectors can handle 24, 50 and 60 fps. What do you advise me to take?

Jack
post #455 of 1968 Old 07-16-2010, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack-bauer View Post

Excellent.

Just a question (sorry if it has been addressed before):

You use 60fps for output. Does it means that you take a 24fps (23.976) movie and insert frames unevenly to get 60fps without judder/staggering? (reclock assuming to lock to 60fps). Would'nt the picture quality suffer from this? (in general, not only on fast movement)

If I want to take 24fps or 25fps movies and display them at 50fps, how would the script change? (num=50 ?)

My projectors can handle 24, 50 and 60 fps. What do you advise me to take?

Jack

You can try it for yourself. I could recommend using 50 for 25fps sources and 60 for everything else, or just use 60 for everything. I'm undecided so I just use 60 for everything.
post #456 of 1968 Old 07-18-2010, 01:11 PM

Liked: 11
Ok, so Merilli's team released Splash Player Pro 1.1.0.
Nothing new, just lesser avoidance of artifacts... higher
block accuracy... which resulted to even more artifacts.

So nothing new, still no go for Merilli's "motion engine".
Continuing using our great scripts.
post #457 of 1968 Old 07-18-2010, 02:54 PM

With the latest script I posted on 1080p it looks almost like it was recorded at 60FPS, this is great! I've been converting some of my blu-rays to re-watch with the smoothing and it's so good
post #458 of 1968 Old 07-18-2010, 08:45 PM

Just share some test results and have some questions.

Basically, I follow Widezu69's guide but use updated Dlls SubJunk suggests and MPC-HC. Test movie is 1080P mkv and the HTPC is i5-750 (4 cores) + NVIDIA GeForce GT250 (Cuda enabled)+4G DDR3 with W7(32bit). The display is Panasonic G series plasma TV @ 60Hz.

I use Widezu69's scripts but fix the 32,16,4 values as SubJunk's suggestion and the only variable is pel.

For normal clock i5, the playback is OK at pel=1 with 3 pairs or pel=2 with 2 pairs script. If you want to run pel=2 with 3 pairs script smoothly, you have to overclock i5 from 2.6G to 3.6G (I use a powerful CPU heastsink + 14cm golf fan to achive this silent HTPC). So I wonder whether the normal clock i7-860 with HT can handle pel=2 with 3 pairs script.

My only question is the renderer used in MPC playback/output seeting. The playback is not smooth if EVR custom or EVR Sync is selected. If Haali is selected, The FPS rate is not stable, ramping at 59.xx~60.xx range. If the EVR is selected, the FPS rate is more stable and increased very slowly to closed to 60 FPS. Does this means that EVR is the best choice?
post #459 of 1968 Old 07-18-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgbpd View Post

Just share some test results and have some questions.

Basically, I follow Widezu69's guide but use updated Dlls SubJunk suggests and MPC-HC. Test movie is 1080P mkv and the HTPC is i5-750 (4 cores) + NVIDIA GeForce GT250 (Cuda enabled)+4G DDR3 with W7(32bit). The display is Panasonic G series plasma TV @ 60Hz.

I use Widezu69's scripts but fix the 32,16,4 values as SubJunk's suggestion and the only variable is pel.

For normal clock i5, the playback is OK at pel=1 with 3 pairs or pel=2 with 2 pairs script. If you want to run pel=2 with 3 pairs script smoothly, you have to overclock i5 from 2.6G to 3.6G (I use a powerful CPU heastsink + 14cm golf fan to achive this silent HTPC). So I wonder whether the normal clock i7-860 with HT can handle pel=2 with 3 pairs script.

My only question is the renderer used in MPC playback/output seeting. The playback is not smooth if EVR custom or EVR Sync is selected. If Haali is selected, The FPS rate is not stable, ramping at 59.xx~60.xx range. If the EVR is selected, the FPS rate is more stable and increased very slowly to closed to 60 FPS. Does this means that EVR is the best choice?

Thanks for sharing your results.
What do you mean by "2 pairs" and "3 pairs"?
post #460 of 1968 Old 07-18-2010, 11:22 PM

@SubJunk, please review #454 and #455 discussion at this page 16.
2 pairs--> (backward-forward 1 and 2)
3 pairs--> (backward-forward 1, 2, and 3)

By the way, I don't know why, but the quantity of frame dropped is least for SetMTMode(1,8), not (1,0) or (1,4).
post #461 of 1968 Old 07-19-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgbpd View Post

By the way, I don't know why, but the quantity of frame dropped is least for SetMTMode(1,8), not (1,0) or (1,4).

It could indicate an inefficient detection of cores in mt.dll, it might be worth asking the code author if he is still around.
post #462 of 1968 Old 07-19-2010, 12:44 AM

@timgbpd Welcome to this thread. SubJunk's scripts are optimised for encoding into a new video. The scripts are very good but with playback, other variations can get better results.

I use Haali's renderer because its my preferred its the only one that doesn't drop frame for me but as you can see from this thread others have successfully used other renderers. What I wold recommend is just try them out and settle with one.

The MT values of (1,0) are just a baseline, as you have a quad, the second number should be 8. You should vary the first number and try (3,8) or even (5,8) and see if you get better results.

The script values I recommend for playback are 16, 8, 4 block pairs. But if that is too stressful on your cpu try 16, 8, 8. Searchparam pairs should be 2, 1, 0 on 1080p and 3, 1, 0 on 720p. You should always use a 3 pairs script even at pel=1.

Hope this has helped.
post #463 of 1968 Old 07-19-2010, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widezu69 View Post

@timgbpd Welcome to this thread. SubJunk's scripts are optimised for encoding into a new video. The scripts are very good but with playback, other variations can get better results.

Am I right to interpret that as you saying the quality varies depending on whether it is encoded or not? I don't understand why that would be the case, though I'm sure I am interpreting you incorrectly.

Quote:

The script values I recommend for playback are 16, 8, 4 block pairs. But if that is too stressful on your cpu try 16, 8, 8. Searchparam pairs should be 2, 1, 0 on 1080p and 3, 1, 0 on 720p. You should always use a 3 pairs script even at pel=1.

Have you tried using 32 for the first value, for example 32, 16, 4? It seems to be the best quality to me for 720p and 1080p videos, have you had different findings?
post #464 of 1968 Old 07-19-2010, 02:43 AM

Stupid question:
chroma=false
Why are you not taking chroma into account? Motion estimation would probably be better with chroma added.
If the reason is speed improvement, why dont you use chroma=false in MSuper as well?
post #465 of 1968 Old 07-19-2010, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack-bauer View Post

Stupid question:
chroma=false
Why are you not taking chroma into account? Motion estimation would probably be better with chroma added.
If the reason is speed improvement, why dont you use chroma=false in MSuper as well?

Not a stupid question, and thanks for pointing it out. It seems that the interpolation is more accurate with less ghosting with chroma true. I'll update my guide
post #466 of 1968 Old 07-19-2010, 05:06 AM

@SubJunk Yes it varies whether they are encoded or not. I've tested playback with 32 first block pair and although is accurate and reduces artefacts it also is less smooth as the smaller the blocks the more interpolation can be packed in a smaller area (like when this fly quickly across the screen).

@jack-bauer I will update with chroma=true thanks for the heads up, my computer isn't powerful enough with it turned on so I just turned it off but it seems that its more accurate this way. Thanks
post #467 of 1968 Old 07-19-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:

@SubJunk Yes it varies whether they are encoded or not. I've tested playback with 32 first block pair and although is accurate and reduces artefacts it also is less smooth as the smaller the blocks the more interpolation can be packed in a smaller area (like when this fly quickly across the screen).

I think that probably shows a difference in our opinion of "best quality", rather than a different result for encoding vs realtime. It's likely that you and I could look at the same video and disagree on its motion-smoothing quality, but that doesn't mean we are watching different videos; I still don't see how encoding in realtime could give a different result to encoding to a file if they are using the same script.

As a side note, the quality boost without chroma=false is significant, it's quite amazing. When looking at interpolated frames it really succeeds in creating new frames sometimes instead of just blending. I'm amazed.
post #468 of 1968 Old 07-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
SubJunk - That's a great guide you got there. Very easy to follow and I will most definitely try this once I upgrade my cpu. However I do have a couple quick questions and forgive me if they've been answered.

1) I have a Pioneer Kuro 5020fd that will display at 50hz/60hz/72hz/75hz(i think) so hopefully I should be covered by following your guide. I assume I should use 60hz mode on my Kuro for the best picture yes?

2) I would like to keep my 1080p films at full quality. What software do you recommend me to use that will rip the video and audio track from a Blu-ray to MKV without quality loss? ClownBD, ImgBurn, or something like that? That would be great to know as I haven't been interested in doing this until I read your guide and got me interested.

3) Does this MEGui have an option to keep video and audio untouched during conversion? I wish to not downgrade anything in picture or sound. In the end I wish to have a full quality MKV to use with your guide which will then convert to 60fps with no quality loss.

Thank you.
post #469 of 1968 Old 07-19-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNeo View Post

SubJunk - That's a great guide you got there. Very easy to follow and I will most definitely try this once I upgrade my cpu. However I do have a couple quick questions and forgive me if they've been answered.

Thanks a lot, and of course a lot of credit goes to Widezu and all the people before him who wrote the scripts I based mine on

Quote:

1) I have a Pioneer Kuro 5020fd that will display at 50hz/60hz/72hz/75hz(i think) so hopefully I should be covered by following your guide. I assume I should use 60hz mode on my Kuro for the best picture yes?

I think it would be better to use 75FPS. I always recommend using the highest Hz setting of the display and converting the video to that same FPS.

Quote:

2) I would like to keep my 1080p films at full quality. What software do you recommend me to use that will rip the video and audio track from a Blu-ray to MKV without quality loss? ClownBD, ImgBurn, or something like that? That would be great to know as I haven't been interested in doing this until I read your guide and got me interested.

Personally I use DVDFab to copy the blu-ray to my hard drive using the Main Movie module of "Blu-ray to blu-ray" mode (that is a direct, lossless copy, the program just removes copy-protection and extras) then use MeGUI to convert the video and MKVMerge (which is part of MKVToolnix) to mux the converted video with the original audio track.

Also, be aware that depending on which codec the blu-ray uses, it can be necessary to index the file before loading it in MeGUI, so when in the MeGUI main screen just push Ctrl+F2 and use that to create the index file (.dga usually) and you load that into MeGUI instead of the video.

Another note about this is that you will usually need to move the first occurrence of SetMTMode from my script to below the input loading, since MeGUI will usually use AVCSource for blu-ray inputs and that doesn't work with multithreading. It's a shame since it means the encoding is slow, and maybe someone here knows a better way to do it (a way that is still frame-accurate) but I don't.

Quote:

3) Does this MEGui have an option to keep video and audio untouched during conversion? I wish to not downgrade anything in picture or sound. In the end I wish to have a full quality MKV to use with your guide which will then convert to 60fps with no quality loss.

Thank you.

Using MKVMerge to add the audio will ensure the audio isn't converted. It isn't possible to leave the video untouched during conversion, but it is possible to leave it visibly untouched, meaning the human eye can't distinguish between the original and the output.
The easiest way to do this is to have x264 (the video codec) choose the quality itself using CRF (Constant Rate Factor). If you set CRF to 16 in MeGUI your output video will be visibly the same quality as the blu-ray.

I know this is a lot of information so feel free to ask for clarification during the process.
post #470 of 1968 Old 07-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

That is a lot of information to process, but I think I'll get the hang of it. I'm pretty tech savvy so it should come natural.

I actually plan to order a Dune Base player 3.0, and use this to stream all the files from a home server that will be hooked up via ethernet (to ensure smooth playback).

Originally I was planning on making straight up 1:1 ISOs of all my blu-rays and load them in the server for the Dune player. This is the most ideal for me, but if I did that then they would playback at the native 24fps. Frankly, 24fps is starting to make me sick. I mean.. I have probably one of the best flat screen displays on the market (san the Elite and maybe a couple local dim LEDs) and yet I can't enjoy it as much due to the judder of HD movies. It must be because I'm influenced by the AMP feature on the Samsungs or what I dunno but I feel like Blu-rays = slideshows now. I HONESTLY have to turn my head away during panning scenes.

It's a shame that I can't just make a straight up ISO rip of my blu-rays and somehow convert the video in that container to 60 or 75fps. That would be marvelous, but I don't suppose there's any way for that to happen?

Anyway, you've been most helpful (as well as all the other contributers in this board) and I really appreciate the info in this thread. Frame interpolation is the one factor that had me leaning toward selling my Kuro, but not so much now. After trying some of these scripts with my Q6600/8800GTX I'm convinced I don't need a tv with interpolation. But I will note that 1080p vids are unplayable for me and the 720p rips are okay. Like I said, I plan to upgrade to an i7/GTX480 anyway since I'm a gamer so I'll post back with results and probably a few questions in a few days.
post #471 of 1968 Old 07-19-2010, 05:34 PM

With Q6600 overclocked to 3GHz 1080p becomes playable (at 60fps).
Beside I'm using different script for 1080p, 720p and 480p. With 1080p I'm using more inaccurate script but because of so much amount of pixels interpolated material is great too.
post #472 of 1968 Old 07-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Okay I'm using MeGUI now and run into a couple things:

1) "Prefer DSS2 over DirectShowSource" is grayed out so unable to select. Any suggestions?

2) For Audio Encoder Settings I'm using Aften AC-3 *scratchpad* (for AC-3 tracks) with "Apply Dynamic Range Compression" checked and "Normalize Peaks to" 100 checked. Output Channels and SampleRate are both set to keep original. Is this ideal to keep the original AC-3 track untouched? Also if the bitrate is 384 in the file, will it matter if I up it to 448 or should I just keep it at 384?

3) Lastly, will it be okay to use the quality script that SubJunk provided in his tutorial for 30fps shows? Or does this only work for 24fps?

Thanks.
post #473 of 1968 Old 07-19-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:

It's a shame that I can't just make a straight up ISO rip of my blu-rays and somehow convert the video in that container to 60 or 75fps. That would be marvelous, but I don't suppose there's any way for that to happen?

There wouldn't be any advantage in doing that even if it were possible. As long as you use CRF 16 the output video will be indistinguishable from the original, regardless of your hardware.

Quote:

1) "Prefer DSS2 over DirectShowSource" is grayed out so unable to select. Any suggestions?

It's probably due to you being in the wrong window. Make sure you are in the "Extra Setup" tab in the "AviSynth configuration dialog" window, not the "Filters" tab, like it says in the guide.

Quote:

2) For Audio Encoder Settings I'm using Aften AC-3 *scratchpad* (for AC-3 tracks) with "Apply Dynamic Range Compression" checked and "Normalize Peaks to" 100 checked. Output Channels and SampleRate are both set to keep original. Is this ideal to keep the original AC-3 track untouched? Also if the bitrate is 384 in the file, will it matter if I up it to 448 or should I just keep it at 384?

I should add this to the guide, but it is in the reply I gave to you above. For someone who cares about audio and video quality like you and I do, it's best to use MKVMerge to mux the audio, which means no conversion.

Quote:

3) Lastly, will it be okay to use the quality script that SubJunk provided in his tutorial for 30fps shows? Or does this only work for 24fps?

Yes, it works with any framerate, as stated in the Purpose section of the guide.
Hope that helps.
post #474 of 1968 Old 07-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubJunk View Post

It's probably due to you being in the wrong window. Make sure you are in the "Extra Setup" tab in the "AviSynth configuration dialog" window, not the "Filters" tab, like it says in the guide.

Problem solved. I didn't have Haali Media Splitter installed on the PC I was working with.

Quote:

I should add this to the guide, but it is in the reply I gave to you above. For someone who cares about audio and video quality like you and I do, it's best to use MKVMerge to mux the audio, which means no conversion.

You are correct. I simply blazed through your reply, I suppose out of excitement wanting to get this MeGUI working. Everything in your guide works as I have now converted my first movie (Leon: The Professional) from my laptop and it works like a dream on my Kuro.

Quote:

Yes, it works with any framerate, as stated in the Purpose section of the guide.

Again, selective reading on my part. Also to note, your right about using CRF 16 for video output. On the Kuro, it looks the same. This is gonna save me a ton of space here. Thanks!
post #475 of 1968 Old 07-20-2010, 04:07 PM

Great! And remember to keep watching the guide since I often update it for better quality. I keep thinking there is nothing more to improve but then it happens anyway, so I've stopped saying it's as good as it will get
post #476 of 1968 Old 07-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Great! And remember to keep watching the guide since I often update it for better quality. I keep thinking there is nothing more to improve but then it happens anyway, so I've stopped saying it's as good as it will get

That's good to hear. This is probably the most fascinating discovery since HDTV, at least for me it is. I was SO CLOSE to selling my Kuro. This thread has saved me a ton of headache and most likely from downgrading to a different display..just for interpolation.
post #477 of 1968 Old 07-21-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:

That's good to hear. This is probably the most fascinating discovery since HDTV, at least for me it is. I was SO CLOSE to selling my Kuro. This thread has saved me a ton of headache and most likely from downgrading to a different display..just for interpolation.

You're not alone Three months ago I wanted to buy a brand new and shiny Panasonic G20 plasma TV to replace my two and a half years old Toshiba Regza model Z LCD. Just 'coz of 24p interpolation. Thanks to avisynth/mvtools2/God/people behind all that stuff I kept my Toshiba, have invested in Core i7 860 for my HTPC rather and saved a lot of money/headache. Toshiba REGZA Z's picture quality is just phenomenal even today. Now I am watching HD movies real-time interpolated to 75fps on 50Hz TV out and it looks and feels absolutely fantastic. Significantly less artefacts and soap effect than simple 24/48 or 60fps/60Hz interpolation BTW, at least on my Toshiba with it's own M100 smooth technology enabled as an addition.
post #478 of 1968 Old 07-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

SubJunk - There is one other thing I need to touch on.

When my Pioneer Kuro sees a 24p source it will display at 72hz, otherwise it will operate at 60hz. When I mentioned 75hz, after doing some research I believe this is only when the PC mode is engaged. In Movie mode, it will do 50hz for Pal material (and I'm not entirely sure about 75hz in Movie mode which my Kuro is calibrated at).

With that being said.. you told me to interpolate to the highest framerate my display offers. In Movie mode that would be 72hz. But since my Kuro is capable of doing 75hz in PC mode, I'm not sure if this means it will also operate at 75hz in Movie mode if fed a 75 fps source? This is something I need to figure out.

I'm sure I can just go ahead and convert to 75hz, but I would still like to know this to be safe as far as accuracy is concerned and to get the most from my display. Can anyone here with a 9G Kuro confirm what fps they are converting to?
post #479 of 1968 Old 07-21-2010, 11:34 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

SubJunk - There is one other thing I need to touch on.

When my Pioneer Kuro sees a 24p source it will display at 72hz, otherwise it will operate at 60hz. When I mentioned 75hz, after doing some research I believe this is only when the PC mode is engaged. In Movie mode, it will do 50hz for Pal material (and I'm not entirely sure about 75hz in Movie mode which my Kuro is calibrated at).

With that being said.. you told me to interpolate to the highest framerate my display offers. In Movie mode that would be 72hz. But since my Kuro is capable of doing 75hz in PC mode, I'm not sure if this means it will also operate at 75hz in Movie mode if fed a 75 fps source? This is something I need to figure out.

I'm sure I can just go ahead and convert to 75hz, but I would still like to know this to be safe as far as accuracy is concerned and to get the most from my display. Can anyone here with a 9G Kuro confirm what fps they are converting to?

I have followed this thread in the past and gave up on ISO conversion, am I reading this correctly .. is there a way to convert ISO BR ripped into 720p playable format at anything better than 24p ? pls make this real
post #480 of 1968 Old 07-21-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james57 View Post

I have followed this thread in the past and gave up on ISO conversion, am I reading this correctly .. is there a way to convert ISO BR ripped into 720p playable format at anything better than 24p ? pls make this real

Yes, it's possible. We were talking about something different
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page