Avisynth Script for doubling video frame rates - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 1968 Old 01-17-2010, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Excuse the ignorant question to

The "engine" of mirillis Picture2 24p> 60p can be reproduced with some script?

THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 1968 Old 01-17-2010, 06:47 PM

Guys try this script, I have combined two scripts to get this and mainly used fantasyl's script, the result is artifact free smooth video playback with 60 FPS (but not so sure about picture quality):

Buffer back / ahead: 0,24

SetMTMode(2,8)
multinum=2
multiden=1
mode=2
spar=0
pel=1
blkh=16
blkv=16
ffdShow_source()
super=MSuper(pel=pel,hpad=0, vpad=0, levels=4)
backward_vec1=MAnalyse(super, isb=true, blksize=blkh, blksizev=blkv, searchparam=spar, plevel=2, levels=4)
forward_vec1=MAnalyse(super, isb=false, blksize=blkh, blksizev=blkv, searchparam=spar, plevel=2, levels=4)
MBlockFps(super, backward_vec1, forward_vec1, num=FramerateNumerator(last)*multinum, den=FramerateDenominator(last)*multiden, mode=mode)
distributor()
fps=60 #last.framerate()*4
last.CombineFPS(fps, last. MotionFPS(fps, warpfast, move), last.MotionFPS(fps, source = next, warpfast, move))

I used BS Player, it gives better result than MPC.

This script may not work with some videos of different sizes and will produce the error: "Motion requires mod 8 width and height". Does anyone know the solution for it?

I will update this script using Domas4's idea to eliminate existing artifacts later (or if u can, do so). Thanks.
post #153 of 1968 Old 01-26-2010, 03:46 PM

Liked: 11
New version of MBlockFPS.
This one recalculates the motion vectors using MRecalculate.
This makes 'block' artifacts invisible.

SetMTMode(2,4)
ffdShow_source()
super = MSuper(pel=2,hpad=4,vpad=4)
backward_vec1 = MAnalyse(super,chroma=false, blksize=16, isb = true, search=5, searchparam=1)
forward_vec1 = MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, blksize=16)
backward_re= MRecalculate(super, backward_vec1, chroma=false, blksize=8, blksizev=8, overlap=0, overlapv=0, thSAD=100, search=5, searchparam=1)
forward_re= MRecalculate(super,forward_vec1, chroma=false, blksize=8, blksizev=8, overlap=0, overlapv=0, thSAD=100)
MBlockFps(super, backward_re, forward_re, num=FramerateNumerator(last)*2, den=FramerateDenominator(last)*1, mode=2)
distributor()
post #154 of 1968 Old 01-27-2010, 02:20 AM

I'm new to all this, trying to make script from page 1 working with MeGUI,
but getting error "there's no function named "ffdShow_source".

I've installed AVISynth 2.5.8, MVTools.dll in /plugins, MT.dll in /plugins.

Had to replace AVISynth.dll in system32 with older version, supplied with MT07, otherwise I'm getting error "there's no function named "SetMTMode"". So when I'm executing Version() now, it shows AVISynth 2.57.

Reinstalled ffdshow.
Nothing helps, I'm still getting "AVISynth script error: there's no function named "ffdShow_source" when trying to execute script in MeGUI.

I've searched all the web, but couldn't find what I'm doing wrong.

SetMtmode(2,10)
source=ffdshow_source()
source=changefps(source,source,true)
# assume progressive PAL 25 fps or NTSC Film 23.976 source
backward_vec = source.MVAnalyse(blksize=16, isb = true, chroma=false, pel=1, searchparam=1, idx=1)
# we use explicit idx for more fast processing
forward_vec = source.MVAnalyse(blksize=16, isb = false, chroma=false, pel=1, searchparam=1, idx=1)
source.MVFlowFps(backward_vec, forward_vec, num=2*FramerateNumerator(source), \\
den=FramerateDenominator(source), mask=0, idx=1)
distributor()
post #155 of 1968 Old 01-27-2010, 03:05 AM

You might wanna try to use the Avisynth MT for 2.5.8 version.:

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...19&postcount=1

Procedure the same - copy mt.dll to /plugins, copy avisynth.dll to /system32
and reboot.
post #156 of 1968 Old 01-27-2010, 01:14 PM

Thanks for good instruction. It seems to play files fine now with script placed in ffdshow,
but I need it for encoding, not for player, MeGUI still gives me same error (
Any ideas?
I need it not for movies, for importing .mts HD videos from camcorder and converting them to .avi.
Any help very appreciated.
post #157 of 1968 Old 01-27-2010, 04:47 PM

ranchero, there is a grab function in FFDSHOW. Either way, what we do here is real time. These scripts are not really meant for transcoding.
post #158 of 1968 Old 01-27-2010, 07:32 PM

Thanks for reply. I was thinking AVISynth scripts should work for both decoding and decoding. Any suggestions where should I ask about encoding?
post #159 of 1968 Old 01-27-2010, 08:49 PM

That may be the case. I have only used it in FFdshow. It seems to me like it is a separate program all to itself that is command line based. Originally intended for editing video. If you have the latest version of avisynth and all of the plugins in the available DL, then one would think it would function. Have you tried using strictly the command line interface?
post #160 of 1968 Old 01-28-2010, 03:25 AM

Thanks for the update, will try it out tonight, since I'm getting the setmtmode error above as well.

Some questions:
1) I also notice that my mpc window grows to the size of the resize resolution I set (Specify horizontal and vertical Resize: 1920, 1080). Is that necessary? I'd really like mpc to work like its always done, defaulting to a window of the resolution of the video file its playing, and leaving me with the option of resizing or fullscreening the window.

2) Is reclock needed for the motion stuff? Its really a drag on performance. And I've been using PowerDVD for a bit, trying their player which works decently for interpolation, and I think I can survive without reclock.
post #161 of 1968 Old 01-29-2010, 06:17 AM

Applying the Avisynth tab of ffdshow I can not navigate the DVD menus, it happens to you?

Disabling the tab of ffdshow Avisynth everything worked regularly, you can find some solution to the problem?

Thanks
post #162 of 1968 Old 01-30-2010, 12:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
i followed these exact steps & it worked fine on winXP. just installed win7, and i keep getting the "there's no function named "SetMTMode" error.

is there a fix for this? im not sure what is wrong.
post #163 of 1968 Old 01-30-2010, 08:20 AM

Hey Guys,

I followed 8:13 post. Used his script..got the "there's no function named "SetMTMode" message. Fixed it by replacing the dll's again (old versions, december 2009).

But even 720p mkv's are running awful!
Really choppy, cpu usage goes through the roof.

I just bought a new pc:

Core i5 750 @2,66 Ghz
4 GB 1333 Ram
Ati Radeon 5770

My display is on 1920 * 1080 @60hz (can't select anything else within Catalyst CC.)

What am I doing wrong...none of the scripts seem to work. When I turn off AviSynth, it plays fine...

Is my PC to slow?

Cheers,

Erwin
post #164 of 1968 Old 01-30-2010, 08:57 AM

Go there and download the latest SVP (1.3.2)

http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=62:12524

You won't have to install or move anything anywhere - it's all in.
It has nice options to tweak quality for yourself.
post #165 of 1968 Old 01-30-2010, 09:46 AM

HI Domas,

What will this package do exactly? And do I need to uninstall everything again?

It's in Russian I guess...so I have absolutely no idea what it says...
And how does it differ from everything discussed in this forum?

I've been looking a long time for just the perfect FFDshow/picture settings for getting the best .MKV playback possible.

Every thread seems to have a piece of info, but a "final" configuration has yet to be posted or discussed.

Oh..and btw.. I have Windows 7 64 bit.

Cheers!

E.
post #166 of 1968 Old 01-30-2010, 03:30 PM

I've been looking for perfect script also(who hasn't?). So far the conclusion is
that I have to upgrade my PC (to something like Intel i7), because the script is there,
just not enough CPU power.

Well, it's a scripting program that will install everything for you (avisynth,ffdshow and
everything else, except Media Player Classic) Just download 1.3.2 version,
install it, load it, and play any movie. The icon will apear through which you
can configure the quality/performance. The program itself is in english so don't
worry. :] Good luck.

P.S. I don't know if you can run it on x64, I havn't tried it.
post #167 of 1968 Old 01-30-2010, 10:04 PM

Any quad core 3ghz and up will play 1080p mkv's no sweat. no need for the overpriced i7 with the scripts we've been testing with.
post #168 of 1968 Old 01-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domas4 View Post

Go there and download the latest SVP (1.3.2)

http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=62:12524

You won't have to install or move anything anywhere - it's all in.
It has nice options to tweak quality for yourself.

thanks man works great. i have an i7 920, which settings do you think give the best picture quality?
post #169 of 1968 Old 01-31-2010, 01:23 AM

Quote:

I've been looking for perfect script also(who hasn't?). So far the conclusion is
that I have to upgrade my PC (to something like Intel i7), because the script is there,
just not enough CPU power.

Well, it's a scripting program that will install everything for you (avisynth,ffdshow and
everything else, except Media Player Classic) Just download 1.3.2 version,
install it, load it, and play any movie. The icon will apear through which you
can configure the quality/performance. The program itself is in english so don't
worry. :] Good luck.

P.S. I don't know if you can run it on x64, I havn't tried it.

Damn,

I just upgraded my pc, I'm not going to upgrade my cpu (which is a quad core i5 @ 2,66 ghz) just for this. If I just use normal FFDshow, it looks pretty good already. I'll just stick to that then.

I think there are some problems (compatibility) with a 64bit OS. I'm sure you can't use ReClock @64 bit, so you have to get everything 32bit and run that.

But I can't even run 720p MKV using the scripts in this thread, which is weird right?

There should be a sticky with do's/don'ts and General info. For instance:

I still don't know if it's possible/useful to run normal 1080p MKV files @1080p24 or how to achieve that (using just MPC, not MC7). So not for playing blu-rays, but just for MKV files.

My display is @60hz and there's nothing I can do about that. Ati CCC doesn't give me any other options.

Second, the tutorial...if ReClock doesn't work for 64 bit MPC-HC, should I get everything 32 bit? 64 bit FFDshow won't show up in MPC 64bit as a filter.

And now I read, if you don't have a quad core 3 GHZ, it's better that you don't even bother .

What's everybody's opinion?

Cheers,

E.
post #170 of 1968 Old 01-31-2010, 01:53 PM

Your i5 should easily play 720p's and most 1080p mkv files, my older e8400 clocked to 3.4 could play almost all but some 1080p mkv's, now my q9550 has not bottlenecked once with any of the scripts posted and thats clocked to 3.4ghz (brought it down from 4ghz as I have not needed any more power). make sure you uncheck the RGB24 and RGB32 checkboxes and uncheck add ffdshow video source in the avisynth tab. Make sure you set the proper amount of decoding threads as well, very importantly install MT (multi-threading plug-in) for AVISynth so it will use all your cpu's threads. this one posted seems to work great.
bufferback 0 ahead 10
multinum=2
multiden=1
mode=2
spar=3
pel=1
blkh=8
blkv=8
SetMTMode(2,8)
ffdShow_source()
super=MSuper(pel=pel, hpad=blkh, vpad=blkv, levels=4)
backward_vec1=MAnalyse(super, isb=true, blksize=blkh, blksizev=blkv, searchparam=spar, plevel=2, levels=4)
forward_vec1=MAnalyse(super, isb=false, blksize=blkh, blksizev=blkv, searchparam=spar, plevel=2, levels=4)
MBlockFps(super, backward_vec1, forward_vec1, num=FramerateNumerator(last)*multinum, den=FramerateDenominator(last)*multiden, mode=mode)
distributor()
If its to intense for cpu adjust:
blkh=8 to 16
blkv=8 to 16
If you need more power just overclock that i5 which is so easily done. Enjoy.
post #171 of 1968 Old 02-01-2010, 01:34 AM

To johnifehr, and everyone else.

I agree, but I still prefer MFlowFps instead of MBlockFps. The MBlockFPS gives artifacts
which makes .mkv's look squares in fast motion scenes.Most of the blocks can be
eliminated by MRecalculate, but it still doesn't give as quality picture as MFlowFPS does.
Now MFlowFPS produces different artifact: when small objects have a fast changing
background the 'ghosting' appears. I have overclocked E8500, I minimize blocksize
to 16/8 (I would prefer 8/8 though), use lsad=1400,pnew=60 (these are the penalties
for wrong vectors). So I get not as fluid, but artifact-less motions. I also lessen the
vector lenght from 4 to 3 (levels=3), since it sometimes misses good shorter vectors. By adding
chroma=false, the estimation using only Luma is being used. There is a big performance
increase, and (from my experience) no different than using both chroma&luma. I would
increase spar (pixel search) from 2 to 5, but my PC is too weak for that. Also - Reclock
is a must-have.

Sidenote: I am still wondering why nVidia, ATI or software like WinDVD, PowerDVD doesn't have motion
compensating functions for .mkv's. The newest PowerDVD has motion compensation for
DVDs and .avi's, but not for .mkv's. Even if it had this function for .mkv, I still wouldn't be able to use it
since it does not have any Video Syncing to display like MPC-HC does.

Paradox - the best things are for free? (ffdshow,avisynth,mpc-hc,reclock)

bufferback 0 ahead 8
--------------------
multinum=2
multiden=1
spar=2
pel=1
blkh=16
blkv=8
SetMTMode(2,8)
ffdShow_source()
super=MSuper(pel=pel, hpad=blkh, vpad=blkv, levels=3)
backward_vec1=MAnalyse(super, isb=true,chroma=false, blksize=blkh, blksizev=blkv, searchparam=spar, plevel=2, levels=3,lsad=1400, pnew=60)
forward_vec1=MAnalyse(super, isb=false, chroma=false, blksize=blkh, blksizev=blkv, searchparam=spar, plevel=2, levels=3,lsad=1400, pnew=60)
MFlowFps(super, backward_vec1, forward_vec1, num=FramerateNumerator(last)*multinum, den=FramerateDenominator(last)*multiden, mask=1, ml=125)
distributor()
post #172 of 1968 Old 02-01-2010, 07:25 PM

domas4
Is this your latest script that you like the most? havn't tried it but I will.
You say Reclock is a must, why is that? I have never used reclock, and never had problems, I just set up resolution and my refresh rates in my ati catalyst.
In my last post the script I was using has very little artifacts and thats even in fast moving movies, and on a 120" screen. But my mkv's are also very high quality rips. I beleive people that complain alot about artifacts are using downloaded mkv's that are done poorly. Movies with alot of panning look just so lifelike and so smooth with absolute no judder, but I'll give your latest a shot next movie I watch.
post #173 of 1968 Old 02-01-2010, 08:32 PM

hey guys i have 2 questions but first (I have a 3.1 amd x2 with 4 gbs of pc6400 ram and a 9800gt 512mb), anyone with similar specs able to run 720p mkv files fine with the double frames using fddshow, or crystal player?

I have powerdvd9 I was wondering if you were able to trigger the effects my changing the file types of the 1080p mkv to mp4 or avi, or even encode it to another format with not that much of a quality loss?

I was able to run it with fddshow but I had issues where it worked for the first 5 seconds and bam frames drop and cpu usage going 90-100%.
post #174 of 1968 Old 02-02-2010, 07:57 AM

johnifehr,

For benchmarking for artifacts I use Quantum.of.Solace.720p.BluRay.x264-REFiNED
(http://torrentportal.com/details/403...EFiNED.torrent)

I look for artifacts in all active scenes of that movie (scene with plains, scene with chasing, scene with boats)
No, the script is not perfect for me, everyday it changes. Since I cannot yet afford
i7, I am forced to limit some of the settings like block size or overlaps in exchange to performance.

EDIT: The reclock is needed to sync the playback to hardware clock of the PC and to change the framerate.
For example, the film standard is 23.976, and your refresh rate is 60hz. So in order to do 3:2 pullback (triple first
frame, and double the second one) you need to change the playback from 23.976 to 24.00 fps. So you get
proper 24/60 playback. Another example would be my case - I have 50hz HDTV, and if I play 23,976 movies
I get constant judder. So reclock plays 23.976 movies in 25.00 fps. So you get 25/50, which is perfect playback.
Every frame gets one sync (one hz of the monitor).
post #175 of 1968 Old 02-02-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichhart View Post

hey guys i have 2 questions but first (I have a 3.1 amd x2 with 4 gbs of pc6400 ram and a 9800gt 512mb), anyone with similar specs able to run 720p mkv files fine with the double frames using fddshow, or crystal player?

I have powerdvd9 I was wondering if you were able to trigger the effects my changing the file types of the 1080p mkv to mp4 or avi, or even encode it to another format with not that much of a quality loss?

I was able to run it with fddshow but I had issues where it worked for the first 5 seconds and bam frames drop and cpu usage going 90-100%.

I have tried it - not possible. Even if the file type is changed - the container
of the file is detected as not being DVD or AVI. Therefore you cannot trigger
these effects unless you convert your .mkv to something else.
post #176 of 1968 Old 02-02-2010, 01:47 PM

I've noticed that searchparam=0 turns off 'blocking' in fast scenes.
I might be not far away from the perfect script. Right now I am testing:
----------------------------
multinum=2
multiden=1
SetMTMode(5,4)
ffdShow_source()
SetMTMode(2)
super=MSuper(pel=1, hpad=4, vpad=4,rfilter=3,levels=0)
backward_vec1=MAnalyse(super,chroma=false, isb=true, blksize=16, blksizev=16, searchparam=0, plevel=2,levels=0,search = 5)
forward_vec1=MAnalyse(super,chroma=false, isb=false, blksize=16, blksizev=16, searchparam=0, plevel=2,levels=0,search = 5)
backward_re = MRecalculate(super,chroma=false, backward_vec1,blksize=8, blksizev=8, thSAD=200, searchparam=0,search = 5)
forward_re = MRecalculate(super,chroma=false, forward_vec1,blksize=8, blksizev=8, thSAD=200, searchparam=0,search = 5)
MBlockFps(super,backward_re, forward_re, num=FramerateNumerator(last)*multinum, den=FramerateDenominator(last)*multiden, mode=2)
distributor()

UPDATED2
post #177 of 1968 Old 02-02-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:

I have tried it - not possible. Even if the file type is changed - the container
of the file is detected as not being DVD or AVI. Therefore you cannot trigger
these effects unless you convert your .mkv to something else.

would converting it to avi damage quality by alot or would it look way better than dvd quality. Also would it make the file size much bigger?
post #178 of 1968 Old 02-02-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichhart View Post

would converting it to avi damage quality by alot or would it look way better than dvd quality. Also would it make the file size much bigger?

You can convert 4.4Gb .mkv 720p to let's say 2.2Gb .avi, but the quality
would reduce depending on your screen. If you watch it through big projector
you will notice the big quality decrease, but if you watch it on 60" LCD - I
doubt you will notice the decrease.

I don't understand why your AMD X2 plays avisynth scripts with MT (multithreading) with 99% workload.
The motion morphing in PowerDVD 9 is the same as avisynth's scripts, so I guess you should stick to MPC-HC,ffdshow and avisynth
post #179 of 1968 Old 02-02-2010, 05:40 PM

The script Im using runs avi's SD fine... but 1080 p frames are really slow audio skipping and cpu usage is really high could it be that Im on windows 7 x64.

I believe I got the right stuff. If someone could get me links of the right ones to use Im going to uninstall everything and make sure everything is correct

Edit: Ok so I was able to get it under the load 90% its no at 70%... its avg is 15fps for my 1080p mkv but on my sd avi its 48... and load for sd is around 30 - 40fps

Ignore pulldown
buffer : 0/24

setMTMode(2,4)
source=ffdshow_source()
super = source.MSuper(pel=1,hpad=16,vpad=16)
backward_vec = MAnalyse(super, blksize=16, isb =true, chroma=false, searchparam=1)
forward_vec = MAnalyse(super, blksize=16, isb =false, chroma=false, searchparam=1)
source.MFlowFps(super, backward_vec, forward_vec, num=2*FramerateNumerator(source), \\
den=FramerateDenominator(source), mask=0, ml=53)
distributor()
post #180 of 1968 Old 02-02-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:

johnifehr,

For benchmarking for artifacts I use Quantum.of.Solace.720p.BluRay.x264-REFiNED
(http://torrentportal.com/details/403...EFiNED.torrent)

I look for artifacts in all active scenes of that movie (scene with plains, scene with chasing, scene with boats)
No, the script is not perfect for me, everyday it changes. Since I cannot yet afford
i7, I am forced to limit some of the settings like block size or overlaps in exchange to performance.

EDIT: The reclock is needed to sync the playback to hardware clock of the PC and to change the framerate.
For example, the film standard is 23.976, and your refresh rate is 60hz. So in order to do 3:2 pullback (triple first
frame, and double the second one) you need to change the playback from 23.976 to 24.00 fps. So you get
proper 24/60 playback. Another example would be my case - I have 50hz HDTV, and if I play 23,976 movies
I get constant judder. So reclock plays 23.976 movies in 25.00 fps. So you get 25/50, which is perfect playback.
Every frame gets one sync (one hz of the monitor).

So you are testing witha highly compressed video which has artifacts in it before you even add scripts, I test with a uncompressed 1080p transformers mkv. I tried your last script but changed spar to 5 and blkv and blkh to both 8 and results were very good, I would say better than my previous script I was using even though I had very little artifacts. I have never needed reclock i guess as ati must convert properly as I have absolute 0 judder. I don't know how to write scripts but I take your advice as what to change with a more powerful computer and input the numbers
and so far so good. When ever you have a new script you beleive is better pleas post what to input with a powerful quad core. thanks for all you help.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page