post #2041 of 3740 Old 12-19-2009, 09:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodbob1976 View Post

Man I really like My Movies so much better than Media Brower but I am not going to pay $50 just to be able to choose MPC-HC as the external player for MKV. Is there a decent guide for Media Brower because I am having issues with it displaying cover art for the movies i have. The configuration interface is not nearly as good as the My Movies interface IMO. If there is a good guide to use can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

See my writeup here:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2009...1-3-0-phoenix/

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 3740 Old 12-19-2009, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
What's the best way to add generic chapters to a mkv?
post #2043 of 3740 Old 12-19-2009, 09:14 PM

Liked: 10
What do you guys use for DVDs? Another EAC3to GUI Plus works great (thanks Mike) for my Blu-Ray needs. Unfortunately, some titles are still only available on DVD. All I want is the main movie, highest quality English audio, and forced subtitles. I tried MakeMKV, but it doesn't detect the forced subtitles.
post #2044 of 3740 Old 12-19-2009, 10:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmor View Post

What do you guys use for DVDs? Another EAC3to GUI Plus works great (thanks Mike) for my Blu-Ray needs. Unfortunately, some titles are still only available on DVD. All I want is the main movie, highest quality English audio, and forced subtitles. I tried MakeMKV, but it doesn't detect the forced subtitles.

I use dvdfab. Don't know if detects forced subs.

HTPC: Intel e6300 2.8ghz, Intel DG45ID, 2gb DDR2, Radeon 5570, MCE IR receiver, Yamaha RX-V663 receiver via HDMI, panasonic ax100u, 145" S-I-L-V-E-R painted screen, 2x Roku 3's, chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Vizio M602i-B3
post #2045 of 3740 Old 12-20-2009, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

Just have imgburn read the DVD to you hard drive and play it with media center. You will need slysoft on your computer. I use MediaBrowser to find the DVD. I also have Slysoft's Virtual CloneDrive but I am not sure Virtual CloneDrive is necessary. I know it works with Win7 Home Premium media center. You will get the whole DVD and it will play with all the features of the DVD. To me the video on the DVD looks better than any other player I have used.
post #2046 of 3740 Old 12-20-2009, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

I use DVDShrink with AnyDVD running in the background. I remove all menus and create a single VOB... During the editing mode I make sure compressing is turned off also.. key point actually in maintaining quality.

Quote:

post #2047 of 3740 Old 12-20-2009, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok, so I used clown_bd to rip a BD movie to m2ts. It plays just fine in MPC-HC (no audio in 7MC, just video), and I've got Media Browser set to launch MPC-HC for TS files. Here's the problem - my m2ts file doesn't show up in MB. I created a new directory for my BD rips, and added it to MB, but it doesn't seem to scan the directory and list the files. I have my newly ripped movie in that directory, in its own folder (BD\\Movie\\Movie.m2ts), but it doesn't show up. However, if I click on the play button, the movie will start playing. What am I doing wrong?
post #2048 of 3740 Old 12-20-2009, 05:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post

Ok, so I used clown_bd to rip a BD movie to m2ts. It plays just fine in MPC-HD (no audio in 7MC, just video), and I've got Media Browser set to launch MPC-HD for TS files. Here's the problem - my m2ts file doesn't show up in MB. I created a new directory for my BD rips, and added it to MB, but it doesn't seem to scan the directory and list the files. I have my newly ripped movie in that directory, in its own folder (BD\\Movie\\Movie.m2ts), but it doesn't show up. However, if I click on the play button, the movie will start playing. What am I doing wrong?

I am not sure if this is the same issue. I was helping someone else out with MediaBrowser. When he added a since movie file (like ts or mkv) it would not show in MediaBrowswer but when he pressed play it would play (sounds like same issue as you). It turns out there is some sort of bug with MB where if you only have a few of these single file movies MB freaks out. It was suggested that adding 3 or more of these movies would fix the problem, which I was able to confirm did the trick. Try adding 3-4 more m2ts movies your BD\\Movie directory and see if that fixes it.

Cheers,
Damian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2049 of 3740 Old 12-20-2009, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

I am not sure if this is the same issue. I was helping someone else out with MediaBrowser. When he added a since movie file (like ts or mkv) it would not show in MediaBrowswer but when he pressed play it would play (sounds like same issue as you). It turns out there is some sort of bug with MB where if you only have a few of these single file movies MB freaks out. It was suggested that adding 3 or more of these movies would fix the problem, which I was able to confirm did the trick. Try adding 3-4 more m2ts movies your BD\\Movie directory and see if that fixes it.

That did the trick. Originally I added one more movie, but it didn't work. What a pain in the butt, but at least it works now.

Do you know any way I can get my HD audio working in 7MC? I don't want to use MPC-HC to play the files.
post #2050 of 3740 Old 12-20-2009, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Do you know any way I can get my HD audio working in 7MC? I don't want to use MPC-HC to play the files.

I'm not sure you can yet unless you have a ATI 5xxx or Xonar....This is why many people re-encode the audio to FLAC, I could be wrong though.

Mike

post #2051 of 3740 Old 12-20-2009, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeEby View Post

I'm not sure you can yet unless you have a ATI 5xxx or Xonar....This is why many people re-encode the audio to FLAC, I could be wrong though.

Mike

I guess if I want 7.1 in 7MC, I'll have to use FLAC.
post #2052 of 3740 Old 12-20-2009, 07:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:

TrueHD/DTS-HD bitstreaming works fine with 7MC internal player (or any other customizable DirectShow player, e.g. Zoom Player, TheaterTek DVD) + ffdshow + HD 5xxx. The biggest issue is that you can't get bit-perfect audio from LPCM (or MKV) audio tracks in MKV in this framework (as you can use only the Default DirectSound Device audio renderer).

-

-
post #2053 of 3740 Old 12-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

See my writeup here:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2009...1-3-0-phoenix/

Ok so I downloaded Media Browser and Meta Browser now how do I get them to talk to each other. I use Meta Browser to get all the data I need, I process the movies and all. I go into WMC and MediaBrowser and no cover art or anything appears, just the movie name. So whats the deal here, is there something special I need to do. Seems I have been spending days and hours at this and still I am frustrated. I just want to watch my movies using my HTPC with cool cover art and all and be happy.
post #2054 of 3740 Old 12-20-2009, 10:34 PM

I did not not care for meta browser nor My movies so I've found the best combination with Media Browser is to use Media Center Master

Works great!
post #2055 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 03:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Ok so I downloaded Media Browser and Meta Browser now how do I get them to talk to each other. I use Meta Browser to get all the data I need, I process the movies and all. I go into WMC and MediaBrowser and no cover art or anything appears, just the movie name. So whats the deal here, is there something special I need to do. Seems I have been spending days and hours at this and still I am frustrated. I just want to watch my movies using my HTPC with cool cover art and all and be happy.

In MediaBrowser go into the settings and uncheck "Enable Internet Providers". With this checked MediaBrowser will look for metadata online first. but since you are handling manually with Metabrowser we don't need MediaBrowser doing this.

However (and I think this is a bug) even with this unchecked Media Browser still attempts to go online. For instance, when I add a new movie all my artwork/metadata should show up instantaneously in Media Browser since it has already been created by MetaBrowser, but I get a delay which makes no sense. Leave MediaBrowser open for a few minutes and see if your metadata/art starts populating (I am hoping this bug gets fixed with the next release)

Cheers,
Damian

post #2056 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I guess if I want 7.1 in 7MC, I'll have to use FLAC.

Clown_BD thwarts me yet again!

There's no LPCM or FLAC option in Clown_BD 0.75, so I created a batch file and edited the ac3to line to use FLAC. However, when tsmuxer starts, it's looking for the AC3 file. I didn't see anything in the batch file that I could change for tsmuxer. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Edit - I'm not in front of my HTPC right now, so I can't check this, but is there a meta file that's created during the first/second pass that I need to edit before I run the batch file?
post #2057 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 04:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Clown_BD thwarts me yet again!

There's no LPCM or FLAC option in Clown_BD 0.75, so I created a batch file and edited the ac3to line to use FLAC. However, when tsmuxer starts, it's looking for the AC3 file. I didn't see anything in the batch file that I could change for tsmuxer. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Edit - I'm not in front of my HTPC right now, so I can't check this, but is there a meta file that's created during the first/second pass that I need to edit before I run the batch file?

There is an option for LPCM with Clown_BD, are you using the "Networked Media Tank Audio Options" when using?

Cheers,
Damian

post #2058 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 04:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post

TrueHD/DTS-HD bitstreaming works fine with 7MC internal player (or any other customizable DirectShow player, e.g. Zoom Player, TheaterTek DVD) + ffdshow + HD 5xxx. The biggest issue is that you can't get bit-perfect audio from LPCM (or MKV) audio tracks in MKV in this framework (as you can use only the Default DirectSound Device audio renderer).

So assuming you keep the same setup (7MC internal player + ffdshow + HD 5xxx) you would get bit perfect audio from a ts/m2ts + TrueHD/DTS(MA) but not mkv + TrueHD/DTS(MA), or does that only apply to LPCM? Thanks Rene, sorry for all the questions, I don't have a 5xxx card (YET) so trying to keep up with everything going back and forth on some of the threads.

Cheers,
Damian

post #2059 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 05:26 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

So assuming you keep the same setup (7MC internal player + ffdshow + HD 5xxx) you would get bit perfect audio from a ts/m2ts + TrueHD/DTS(MA) but not mkv + TrueHD/DTS(MA), or does that only apply to LPCM? Thanks Rene, sorry for all the questions, I don't have a 5xxx card (YET) so trying to keep up with everything going back and forth on some of the threads.

Bitstreaming TrueHD/DTS-HD from MKV/M2TS works fine with 7MC internal player. LPCM works fine too. But as there is no audio renderer that supports both bitstreaming and WASAPI exclusive mode, you have to be content with WASAPI shared mode for LPCM (e.g. resampling, volume change, channel count change, mixed with other sounds).

-

-
post #2060 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 05:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

In MediaBrowser go into the settings and uncheck "Enable Internet Providers". With this checked MediaBrowser will look for metadata online first. but since you are handling manually with Metabrowser we don't need MediaBrowser doing this.

However (and I think this is a bug) even with this unchecked Media Browser still attempts to go online. For instance, when I add a new movie all my artwork/metadata should show up instantaneously in Media Browser since it has already been created by MetaBrowser, but I get a delay which makes no sense. Leave MediaBrowser open for a few minutes and see if your metadata/art starts populating (I am hoping this bug gets fixed with the next release)

I have already done that. When I open Media Browser Configuration w/ WMC closed it shows the cover art there under the Media Collection Tab. Then when I open WMC, nothing is there but a blank thumbnail with the Movie Title. I even went into Media Browser Config. under Media Collection and deleated everything and reentered it. Again it shows cover art there but not under WMC. All this is quite a pain. I just need something that is going to work. When I turn on the Internet Check box it finds all the cover art through the built in Media Browser stuff. Meta Browser seems to not interface correctly like it should. Any other solutions.
post #2061 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 06:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I have already done that. When I open Media Browser Configuration w/ WMC closed it shows the cover art there under the Media Collection Tab. Then when I open WMC, nothing is there but a blank thumbnail with the Movie Title. I even went into Media Browser Config. under Media Collection and deleated everything and reentered it. Again it shows cover art there but not under WMC. All this is quite a pain. I just need something that is going to work. When I turn on the Internet Check box it finds all the cover art through the built in Media Browser stuff. Meta Browser seems to not interface correctly like it should. Any other solutions.

It has nothing to do with metabrowser. Metabrowser created the xml file (mymovies.xml), cover.jpg, and backdrop.jpg. Other meta data programs such as YAMMM, Media Center Master, etc... would do the same exact thing. For some reason MediaBrowser is not reading correctly. Possibly try clearing the cache

Cheers,
Damian

post #2062 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post

Bitstreaming TrueHD/DTS-HD from MKV/M2TS works fine with 7MC internal player. LPCM works fine too. But as there is no audio renderer that supports both bitstreaming and WASAPI exclusive mode, you have to be content with WASAPI shared mode for LPCM (e.g. resampling, volume change, channel count change, mixed with other sounds).

Does this method support VC-1 some of the documentation looked like it didn't?

Probably 30% of the disk I see are encoded in VC-1 without support for that it seems like method would be some what hit or miss.

I'm probably a rare case too because I output everything analog. That's the primary reason I'm partial to FLAC.

Mike

post #2063 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 07:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeEby View Post

Does this method support VC-1 some of the documentation looked like it didn't?

Probably 30% of the disk I see are encoded in VC-1 without support for that it seems like method would be some what hit or miss.

I'm probably a rare case too because I output everything analog. That's the primary reason I'm partial to FLAC.

Mike

VC-1 1080p GPU decode works fine with MPC Video Decoder. VC-1 1080i + MKV is difficult to play back. I eventually settled on M2TS for VC-1 1080i with VC-1 Tweaker and ArcSoft Video Decoder.

-

-
post #2064 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It has nothing to do with metabrowser. Metabrowser created the xml file (mymovies.xml), cover.jpg, and backdrop.jpg. Other meta data programs such as YAMMM, Media Center Master, etc... would do the same exact thing. For some reason MediaBrowser is not reading correctly. Possibly try clearing the cache

Nothing is seeming to work. If I go under c:\\program files\\mediabrowser\\mediabrowser, what files should I see? I am only seeing 5 files, 2 .png, 1 application, and 2 .xml. I don't think it is installing correctly. When I try to clear cache I get an error telling me to go to a folder and manually do it, but that folder does not exist. Again if I allow Media Browser to search for cover art it works. Problem is nothing else does. No matter if it is Media Center Master or Meta Browser. My stuff just seems messed up.
post #2065 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 07:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Nothing is seeming to work. If I go under c:\\program files\\mediabrowser\\mediabrowser, what files should I see? I am only seeing 5 files, 2 .png, 1 application, and 2 .xml. I don't think it is installing correctly. When I try to clear cache I get an error telling me to go to a folder and manually do it, but that folder does not exist. Again if I allow Media Browser to search for cover art it works. Problem is nothing else does. No matter if it is Media Center Master or Meta Browser. My stuff just seems messed up.

Your cache is under c:\\ProgramData\\MediaBrowser (not Program Files). You movie metadata/artwork should be saved in the same folder as the movie itself.

Cheers,
Damian

post #2066 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Make sure both are pointed at the same movie folders.

Sometimes media browser updates data, sometimes metabrowser does. They don't talk to each other, but they will save data in the same movie folders.

Media browser gets almost everything. For the few things it can't find I use meta browser manually to fix it.
I get the impression you don't have meta browser pointed to the right location.

HTPC: Intel e6300 2.8ghz, Intel DG45ID, 2gb DDR2, Radeon 5570, MCE IR receiver, Yamaha RX-V663 receiver via HDMI, panasonic ax100u, 145" S-I-L-V-E-R painted screen, 2x Roku 3's, chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Vizio M602i-B3
post #2067 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer75 View Post

Make sure both are pointed at the same movie folders.

Sometimes media browser updates data, sometimes metabrowser does. They don't talk to each other, but they will save data in the same movie folders.

Media browser gets almost everything. For the few things it can't find I use meta browser manually to fix it.
I get the impression you don't have meta browser pointed to the right location.

Ok help me out here as I am very new at this. When you say not pointing to the right location, what do you mean? Plus I am using Media Center Master. Should i go back to Meta Browser. I kind of like MCM because it pulls in all the Cover Art and back drops for you, you don't have to choose them all like Meta Browser. Also I have found the Program Data folder, it was hidden so i enabled hidden folders. When MCM is pulling in data and i go to the Image Cache there is nothing. When I go to Images By Name cache all the actors are being populated, so why are the cover arts and backdrops not getting put into the cache? Do I need to point MCM to the correct location?
post #2068 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok help me out here as I am very new at this. When you say not pointing to the right location, what do you mean? Plus I am using Media Center Master. Should i go back to Meta Browser. I kind of like MCM because it pulls in all the Cover Art and back drops for you, you don't have to choose them all like Meta Browser.

You have to tell meta browser where your movie folders are at. When it downloads data it will save them in those folders. Media browser just displays what is in those folders.

Metabrowser will pull down the same data as well. Sometimes it can't identify your movie and you need to do it manually.
I haven't used media center master. Never heard of it. So I can't comment on it.
Between mediabrowser and metabrowser it should download 98% of all your info. You only have to manually grab data for a couple of things.

Make sure you name each movie folder with a year in the title such as (2009) as some movies share the same name but came out in different years. Most of the time when it doesn't automatically grab data is due to how you named the folder or tv episode.

post #2069 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Here is a screen shot of how I have Media Browser setup. Out of 150 movies only 2 are unable to find the media data automatically. It does help to include the year in the filename on movies that are re-makes. It pretty amazing how well automatic search works. Kudo's to the authors.

Mike

post #2070 of 3740 Old 12-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer75 View Post

You have to tell meta browser where your movie folders are at. When it downloads data it will save them in those folders. Media browser just displays what is in those folders.

Metabrowser will pull down the same data as well. Sometimes it can't identify your movie and you need to do it manually.
I haven't used media center master. Never heard of it. So I can't comment on it.
Between mediabrowser and metabrowser it should download 98% of all your info. You only have to manually grab data for a couple of things.

Make sure you name each movie folder with a year in the title such as (2009) as some movies share the same name but came out in different years. Most of the time when it doesn't automatically grab data is due to how you named the folder or tv episode.

Ok I am having no trouble getting the data, it is going to the movie folder no problem. The problem is when I go into WMC and into Media Browser I see no cover art or anything other than a blank thumbnail with the movie title. When in Media Browser Config and entering my Media Collection the correct thunbnail is shown as soon as the movie is added. Again nothing is shown in WMC, that is the problem. All the cover art, backdrops, and .xml files are in the movie folder with the .mkv file. So I am having no problem telling MCM where my movies are at, it is doing a great job of grabbing all the info but Media Browser in WMC is not communicating with it correctly.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page