Hauppauge HDPVR-1212 Owner's Thread - Page 105 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3121 of 3831 Old 05-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
nikknightt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Posts: 746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCD7210 View Post

Thanks ! I was trying to burn to a dvd-dl. Avchd to retain the HD and play on blray. ( at least thats what i was thinking) Was really only trying the imgburn because i have it on my desktop and thought it may be faster. Thanks for guide ! Ill check that out.
On TME.....whats the difference when selecting create AVCHD vs DVD? Is it HD vs SD ? It was telling me that my 8.5gb disc was not large enough for the 8.16 gb file when i tried AVCHD. But it did look like it would work (very slow) with DVD.

DVD is SD. (480p)
AVCHD is HD.

Using the dvd format, TME would have to convert the HD file. That's why it would take hours.
It also defeats the purpose of capturing HD.

With TME you have the option of authoring avchd directly to dvd or to your hard drive. Either way it is slower than tsmuxer.

I strongly suggest using tsmuxer to author the avchd files.
It will do it in 25% of the time it takes TME to do it.

The size issue is another story. You're going to have to edit the file to something smaller than 8gb. Probably more like 7.75gb for it to fit. Or re-capture at a lower bitrate. But try tsmuxer first to see if it will fit on the dvd-dl. I remember TME mis-calculating the output size of the project in my limited experience using it..

Does your Blu-ray player support avchd? Is it a ps3 or something that will play avchd or raw .ts files from a flash drive?
nikknightt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3122 of 3831 Old 05-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Member
 
RCD7210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post


DVD is SD. (480p)
AVCHD is HD.

Using the dvd format, TME would have to convert the HD file. That's why it would take hours.
It also defeats the purpose of capturing HD.

With TME you have the option of authoring avchd directly to dvd or to your hard drive. Either way it is slower than tsmuxer.

I strongly suggest using tsmuxer to author the avchd files.
It will do it in 25% of the time it takes TME to do it.

The size issue is another story. You're going to have to edit the file to something smaller than 8gb. Probably more like 7.75gb for it to fit. Or re-capture at a lower bitrate. But try tsmuxer first to see if it will fit on the dvd-dl. I remember TME mis-calculating the output size of the project in my limited experience using it..

Does your Blu-ray player support avchd? Is it a ps3 or something that will play avchd or raw .ts files from a flash drive?

Oh....makes sense how slow now. Yea... Should have captured at lower rate or res. no problem though. Wanted to put on disc for a friend. Yes. I have ps3 and use it for my blu ray player. Did do a -R 4.7 disc just to try it and it worked great. But for my own use, i took "tacosforpaco's" advice and have been using an external drive. I can plug the USB directly into my LG tv and it works perfectly. Tsmuxer..... Is that free? Is it similar to TME as far as features?
RCD7210 is offline  
post #3123 of 3831 Old 05-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Member
 
cyberfly502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anybody tell me the length of the component cables that are included with the PVR is? I estimate I need about 12 ft. or so and would like to know if I need to purchase a separate cable.
cyberfly502 is offline  
post #3124 of 3831 Old 05-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
nikknightt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Posts: 746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCD7210 View Post

Oh....makes sense how slow now. Yea... Should have captured at lower rate or res. no problem though. Wanted to put on disc for a friend. Yes. I have ps3 and use it for my blu ray player. Did do a -R 4.7 disc just to try it and it worked great. But for my own use, i took "tacosforpaco's" advice and have been using an external drive. I can plug the USB directly into my LG tv and it works perfectly. Tsmuxer..... Is that free? Is it similar to TME as far as features?

tsmuxer is free. it just remuxes the file into avchd format so you can burn it.
a very light weight app. drop the file in and choose avchd output.
done in minutes. no menu tho. (no biggie)
who watches a menu anyways.?

screenshot and download here.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR

are there any places you can edit the video? start/end/commercials?
thats where TME comes in handy. It can cut commercials.
tsmuxer can only cut the start or end of a file. (split cut tab)
nikknightt is offline  
post #3125 of 3831 Old 05-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Member
 
RCD7210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfly502 View Post

Can anybody tell me the length of the component cables that are included with the PVR is? I estimate I need about 12 ft. or so and would like to know if I need to purchase a separate cable.

I think 6'. Definitly not 12' so you might as well get it. Dont forget the audio too. And just fyi..... They dont recommend using a longer usb than what is supplied so you will want your pvr close to computer.
RCD7210 is offline  
post #3126 of 3831 Old 05-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Member
 
RCD7210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post


tsmuxer is free. it just remuxes the file into avchd format so you can burn it.
a very light weight app. drop the file in and choose avchd output.
done in minutes. no menu tho. (no biggie)
who watches a menu anyways.?

screenshot and download here.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR

are there any places you can edit the video? start/end/commercials?
thats where TME comes in handy. It can cut commercials.
tsmuxer can only cut the start or end of a file. (split cut tab)

Oh...cool. Ill have to get that. What do you mean by "places"? I did try to edit out some commercials with TME. Wasnt too impressed with my results. Couldnt get it to be very accurate. And it seemed like it was what I would describe as a virtual edit? Like it just created stop/start points when burning, but didnt actually edit the file? Or was i doing something wrong. I was kinda hoping to edit a few different files and then stitch them together as one.
RCD7210 is offline  
post #3127 of 3831 Old 05-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
nikknightt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Posts: 746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCD7210 View Post

Oh...cool. Ill have to get that. What do you mean by "places"? I did try to edit out some commercials with TME. Wasnt too impressed with my results. Couldnt get it to be very accurate. And it seemed like it was what I would describe as a virtual edit? Like it just created stop/start points when burning, but didnt actually edit the file? Or was i doing something wrong. I was kinda hoping to edit a few different files and then stitch them together as one.

I dont think it creates virtual edits.
You can test it tho.
Put your file in TME. cut it down to 5min total.
then edit a minute out of the middle.
when you choose burn - write to hard drive instead of disc.
when finished. open up the file directory it creates. BDMV/stream/ play the m2ts files it creates to check the edit
nikknightt is offline  
post #3128 of 3831 Old 05-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Member
 
RCD7210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post


I dont think it creates virtual edits.
You can test it tho.
Put your file in TME. cut it down to 5min total.
then edit a minute out of the middle.
when you choose burn - write to hard drive instead of disc.
when finished. open up the file directory it creates. BDMV/stream/ play the m2ts files it creates to check the edit

Ahhh..... I only burned to dvd and saw the original file remained untouched. Didnt think to write it to the drive. Ill give that a shot. Thanks! Wish i could just spend the loot on video redo. Many say it does a much better job editing.
RCD7210 is offline  
post #3129 of 3831 Old 05-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
nikknightt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Posts: 746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCD7210 View Post

Ahhh..... I only burned to dvd and saw the original file remained untouched. Didnt think to write it to the drive. Ill give that a shot. Thanks! Wish i could just spend the loot on video redo. Many say it does a much better job editing.

Use the VRD trial version to get used to it.
Then figure out how important commercials are to you..
It takes me about 5-10min to set the edit points in an hour show.
Or I could use the FF button on my remote.
Consider how important your time is to you.
How many hours of editing will you do over time to justify the $95.
Usually I go with the FF method.
To Heck with the extra .5kbps.
nikknightt is offline  
post #3130 of 3831 Old 05-20-2012, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cctvtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post

How many hours of editing will you do over time to justify the $95.

So far, well over 400. I have to say I love VideoReDo. The edits are frame accurate and Ad-Detective alone is well worth the price of the program. It's not just the automatic commercial finder, it's the ability to watch it scan while it zips through two hours in about 10 minutes. While it's doing that, I note the approximate times of titles, etc. to make them easier to find later.

I've been using it to convert approximately 200 Space Shuttle tapes into approximately 12 BluRays. I'm nearly done with the project - less than 20 tapes left to dub and edit. Then on to other dubbing projects (Voyager, other NASA video and TV shows).

Be seeing you!
cctvtech is offline  
post #3131 of 3831 Old 05-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Member
 
RCD7210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCD7210 View Post


Ahhh..... I only burned to dvd and saw the original file remained untouched. Didnt think to write it to the drive. Ill give that a shot. Thanks! Wish i could just spend the loot on video redo. Many say it does a much better job editing.

So it creates a M2ts file. I guess thats avchd? Is that different than the .ts file you start with? I assume it is and wonder if there is a way to edit and end with the .ts file.
RCD7210 is offline  
post #3132 of 3831 Old 05-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Satori84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Coastal SC
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been mostly content to use the supplied Titan TV and Win TV Scheduler apps to schedule and manage recordings using the HDPVR-1212, but wanted to know if there was a better way. For fun I installed the HDPVR-Windows Media Center upgrade, and have been experimentimg with it.

I like the user interface, especially their Electronic Program Guide, and the way not only recording but watching TV, as well as other media operations, are all run from one wife-friendly GUI. But I have not got it working smoothly enough for that, yet, and I have some questions for any of you who have gotten it to work to your satisfaction:

*The IR blaster function is AFU, driving an SA 425HDC set top box. It works OK (if sloooowly) with the Win TV app, but channel changes using Media Center are goofy. The blaster winks out 4 digits, but none of them is correct. (Guide channel 1105, for example, gets blasted as "9623" or some other wild 4-digit channel). Is there another app to set up the HDPVR IR function for Media Center, or is the supplied "BlactCfg" app supposed to do it all? This problem is fatal for unattended/scheduled recording use.

*Media Center is "slow" to recognize the HDPVR. On launch, it first says "no channels found", then "weak signal", then finally sees video and audio from the STB and shows an image. This is not a serious issue, but I wonder if this is "normal" operation?

*As noted up the thread, the recorded files have an odd extension. I know the HDPVR is still putting out the same H264 data as always, so is this just a "container" issue? They play fine in Media Center but will I have to "convert" or rename them to get the PCH or Boxee to play them (haven't tried yet!).

I would love to be able to use the slicker, more powerful Media Center app to run my HDPVR, but it's not "there" yet. Advice?

Thanks,

Mike
Satori84 is offline  
post #3133 of 3831 Old 05-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
nikknightt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Posts: 746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCD7210 View Post

So it creates a M2ts file. I guess thats avchd? Is that different than the .ts file you start with? I assume it is and wonder if there is a way to edit and end with the .ts file.

avchd & bluray both use m2ts files when authored.
ts & m2ts files are the same in terms of quality.
In this case they're basically the same. One video & one audio stream inside of them. You can remux the file back to .ts with tsmuxer if you want.

You can read more about both file types on wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2ts
nikknightt is offline  
post #3134 of 3831 Old 05-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Member
 
RCD7210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post


avchd & bluray both use m2ts files when authored.
ts & m2ts files are the same in terms of quality.
In this case they're basically the same. One video & one audio stream inside of them. You can remux the file back to .ts with tsmuxer if you want.

You can read more about both file types on wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2ts

Nice. Im going to play around with that to see. Thanks !
RCD7210 is offline  
post #3135 of 3831 Old 05-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Member
 
RCD7210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post


avchd & bluray both use m2ts files when authored.
ts & m2ts files are the same in terms of quality.
In this case they're basically the same. One video & one audio stream inside of them. You can remux the file back to .ts with tsmuxer if you want.

You can read more about both file types on wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2ts

Nikknightt....downloaded tsMuxeR GUI 1.10.6
Is that right? Was hoping you could give me a quick tutorial. I edited a .ts file with TME, "create AVCHD Movie". After editing, I produced to hard disc instead of burning. I ended up with a file structure. You mentioned that I could take that structure ( i guess thats what avchd looks like?) and remux it back to .ts ? If its not a big hassle fir you, could you give me the settings i would choose ? I did try to "add" under "input files", but its not seeing the folder that was created by TME. Obviously im doing something wrong. Thanks!
RCD7210 is offline  
post #3136 of 3831 Old 05-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
nikknightt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Posts: 746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCD7210 View Post

Nikknightt....downloaded tsMuxeR GUI 1.10.6
Is that right? Was hoping you could give me a quick tutorial. I edited a .ts file with TME, "create AVCHD Movie". After editing, I produced to hard disc instead of burning. I ended up with a file structure. You mentioned that I could take that structure ( i guess thats what avchd looks like?) and remux it back to .ts ? If its not a big hassle fir you, could you give me the settings i would choose ? I did try to "add" under "input files", but its not seeing the folder that was created by TME. Obviously im doing something wrong. Thanks!

The m2ts file we talked about earlier is the one you want to load into tsmuxer. Is this the 8gb file you're working with?

How many m2ts files did it create? I'm running a test on an 8gb file now using TME to see if it splits it at 4gb.

The file(s) can be found inside the bdmv/stream folder that TME created.
You can either click on 'add' and navigate to the file or open the folder within windows and drag it into tsmuxer. Since tsmuxer defaults to 'ts muxing' when you open it all you have to do is choose the destination folder and click start.

What is your intent? Using TME for editing and archiving the authored files on your hard drive? (after remuxing them back to .ts)

If so, You should check to see if your LG tv will play back the m2ts files.
It would save you a step..
nikknightt is offline  
post #3137 of 3831 Old 05-23-2012, 06:31 AM
Member
 
RCD7210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post


The m2ts file we talked about earlier is the one you want to load into tsmuxer. Is this the 8gb file you're working with?

How many m2ts files did it create? I'm running a test on an 8gb file now using TME to see if it splits it at 4gb.

The file(s) can be found inside the bdmv/stream folder that TME created.
You can either click on 'add' and navigate to the file or open the folder within windows and drag it into tsmuxer. Since tsmuxer defaults to 'ts muxing' when you open it all you have to do is choose the destination folder and click start.

What is your intent? Using TME for editing and archiving the authored files on your hard drive? (after remuxing them back to .ts)

If so, You should check to see if your LG tv will play back the m2ts files.
It would save you a step..

Yup....tried to view the bdvm folder and all folders appeared as empty on my lg. i assumed this meant it didnt recognize them. And yes, i was thinking i want to edit with TME, then save the edited file to hard drive (select avchd in tme?) , then like you suggested, convert it back to .ts. I would also like to combine multiple files at that point to create one .ts file. Looks like i may be able to do that as well but figured i should get one right first.
It actually created 3 .m2ts files....4.5gb, 786kb, and 24kb. I try to add the . M2ts files but it keeps giving me an error. "tsmuxer has stopped working". Im thinking maybe my download of the program was incomplete or something. Looks fine, just wont work.
RCD7210 is offline  
post #3138 of 3831 Old 05-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
nikknightt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Posts: 746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCD7210 View Post

Yup....tried to view the bdvm folder and all folders appeared as empty on my lg. i assumed this meant it didnt recognize them. And yes, i was thinking i want to edit with TME, then save the edited file to hard drive (select avchd in tme?) , then like you suggested, convert it back to .ts. I would also like to combine multiple files at that point to create one .ts file. Looks like i may be able to do that as well but figured i should get one right first.
It actually created 3 .m2ts files....4.5gb, 786kb, and 24kb. I try to add the . M2ts files but it keeps giving me an error. "tsmuxer has stopped working". Im thinking maybe my download of the program was incomplete or something. Looks fine, just wont work.

I thought your video was 8gb in size?
Only load the 4.5gb file. The other two are for the menu that TME created.

Or better yet, Just rename the file with a .ts extension.

In my experience, tsmuxer sometimes has an issue with m2ts files but not usually the ones authored by TME.
nikknightt is offline  
post #3139 of 3831 Old 05-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Member
 
RCD7210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post


I thought your video was 8gb in size?
Only load the 4.5gb file. The other two are for the menu that TME created.

Or better yet, Just rename the file with a .ts extension.

In my experience, tsmuxer sometimes has an issue with m2ts files but not usually the ones authored by TME.

Yes the first one was. I tried a smaller file too. Tsmuxer still wouldnt work though. But, i didnt know i could simply rename the file extension. That worked fine. Just tested on the lg and it played it. So that looks like the plan. Now im going to work on joining 2 files into one.
One thing other thing..... I thought i saw somewhere in these posts that if you edit files you lose the 5.1 audio and it reverts to 2 channel. Couldnt find it again though. Does that sound familiar to you?
RCD7210 is offline  
post #3140 of 3831 Old 05-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
nikknightt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Posts: 746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCD7210 View Post

Yes the first one was. I tried a smaller file too. Tsmuxer still wouldnt work though. But, i didnt know i could simply rename the file extension. That worked fine. Just tested on the lg and it played it. So that looks like the plan. Now im going to work on joining 2 files into one.
One thing other thing..... I thought i saw somewhere in these posts that if you edit files you lose the 5.1 audio and it reverts to 2 channel. Couldnt find it again though. Does that sound familiar to you?

I'm surprised tsmuxer wouldn't work on the 4.5gb video file but it sounds like it doesn''t matter now.

How are you planning to join 2 files together without videoredo?

I've heard people mention the audio issue after editing but I don't have any experience with it. videoredo keeps the 5.1 sound.
nikknightt is offline  
post #3141 of 3831 Old 05-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Member
 
RCD7210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post


I'm surprised tsmuxer wouldn't work on the 4.5gb video file but it sounds like it doesn''t matter now.

How are you planning to join 2 files together without videoredo?

I've heard people mention the audio issue after editing but I don't have any experience with it. videoredo keeps the 5.1 sound.

Well i was hoping that the tsmuxer would work for that. Saw there is a button that says " join", so i was thinking i could join files together. But, i still cant get the program to work.
I guess TME would let me pull multiple files into it, but you mentioned that it might not produce one large .m2ts file, and instead i would end up with multiple files anyway. So it sounds like i would need videoredo if i want to do more than what i have now.
RCD7210 is offline  
post #3142 of 3831 Old 05-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
nikknightt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Posts: 746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCD7210 View Post

Well i was hoping that the tsmuxer would work for that. Saw there is a button that says " join", so i was thinking i could join files together. But, i still cant get the program to work.
I guess TME would let me pull multiple files into it, but you mentioned that it might not produce one large .m2ts file, and instead i would end up with multiple files anyway. So it sounds like i would need videoredo if i want to do more than what i have now.

Did you edit the start of the file when authoring with TME?

If you didn't and want to take your testing one step further...
Try editing a little bit off the start of the original ts or authored m2ts file. I think that's where the problem is with the files captured with the 1212 . (when using tsmuxer) Then try adding it into tsmuxer to see if it works.

Also, So you don't waste a bunch of time with the test just to see if the file works. You can cut the file down just to a few minutes in length. That way TME would be done in just a few minutes instead of the long time it usually takes to author. Another tip// author without a menu. There's an option for it on the burn page. That way only 1 m2ts file is in the stream folder.
nikknightt is offline  
post #3143 of 3831 Old 05-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Member
 
RCD7210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post


Did you edit the start of the file when authoring with TME?

If you didn't and want to take your testing one step further...
Try editing a little bit off the start of the original ts or authored m2ts file. I think that's where the problem is with the files captured with the 1212 . (when using tsmuxer) Then try adding it into tsmuxer to see if it works.

Also, So you don't waste a bunch of time with the test just to see if the file works. You can cut the file down just to a few minutes in length. That way TME would be done in just a few minutes instead of the long time it usually takes to author. Another tip// author without a menu. There's an option for it on the burn page. That way only 1 m2ts file is in the stream folder.

Yes i did notice the no menu option and did select that. And i actually did happen to edit from the very beginning. Took off about 10 seconds there.
I played around with the tsmuxer a little bit. Tried dropping .ts files in it as well. Cant figure out why but everything results with the same error. Even downloaded the program again. Oh well. Ill try some more tomorrow. And just fyi...... The file where i changed the exension to .ts -----tsmuxer actually recognized that it used to be .m2ts. Gave me a message after the error. Just thought that was interesting.
RCD7210 is offline  
post #3144 of 3831 Old 05-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
nikknightt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Posts: 746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCD7210 View Post

Yes i did notice the no menu option and did select that. And i actually did happen to edit from the very beginning. Took off about 10 seconds there.
I played around with the tsmuxer a little bit. Tried dropping .ts files in it as well. Cant figure out why but everything results with the same error. Even downloaded the program again. Oh well. Ill try some more tomorrow. And just fyi...... The file where i changed the exension to .ts -----tsmuxer actually recognized that it used to be .m2ts. Gave me a message after the error. Just thought that was interesting.

I'm not sure whats going on. I never have problems with it.
You can try downloading from other sites.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime.../tsMuxeR.shtml
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/au...smuxer_win.cfm

Try new ts files with it to see if it works.
No special settings needed for tsmuxer.
nikknightt is offline  
post #3145 of 3831 Old 05-24-2012, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cctvtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I think you're better off sticking with .ts files from start to finish. m2ts have limited compatibility with many players.

Be seeing you!
cctvtech is offline  
post #3146 of 3831 Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Member
 
RCD7210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post


I'm not sure whats going on. I never have problems with it.
You can try downloading from other sites.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime.../tsMuxeR.shtml
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/au...smuxer_win.cfm

Try new ts files with it to see if it works.
No special settings needed for tsmuxer.

Cool. Ill let you know how it works out.
RCD7210 is offline  
post #3147 of 3831 Old 05-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Member
 
RCD7210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cctvtech View Post

I think you're better off sticking with .ts files from start to finish. m2ts have limited compatibility with many players.

I would like to. The .ts files are what i want to end up with. But when i use TME to edit, it saves (or burns) as avchd. .m2ts. Didnt see any other way.
RCD7210 is offline  
post #3148 of 3831 Old 05-25-2012, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Hyrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Eastern Massachusetts
Posts: 2,559
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
BTW, I believe you do not need videoredo to join those files. All you need to do to join the two files is to open a command window and do a binary copy.

The copy command help states "To append files, specify a single file for destination, but multiple files for source (using wildcards or file1+file2+file3 format).", so you could use a wild card to append the .m2ts files.

As far as I know this is the fastest and simplest method to use to join files.
Hyrax is offline  
post #3149 of 3831 Old 05-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Member
 
RCD7210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post

BTW, I believe you do not need videoredo to join those files. All you need to do to join the two files is to open a command window and do a binary copy.

The copy command help states "To append files, specify a single file for destination, but multiple files for source (using wildcards or file1+file2+file3 format).", so you could use a wild card to append the .m2ts files.

As far as I know this is the fastest and simplest method to use to join files.

Sounds good and might be simple. But over my head. Command window? Wildcards?
RCD7210 is offline  
post #3150 of 3831 Old 05-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Member
 
hooraysimpsons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm picking up a 1212 from a Craigslist buy tomorrow. Anyone point me to some resources to determine what testing/function checks I should perform before I hand over my cash.

Thanks.
hooraysimpsons is offline  
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Hauppauge 1212 Hd Pvr High Definition Personal Video Recorder

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off