Hauppauge HDPVR-1212 Owner's Thread - Page 132 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

Old 01-07-2016, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone know how long HC has been generating temp files? I now have both a 1212 and a 1498 and I've been trying to capture things from both my cable box and my Roku. I've been having hiccups in the resulting main file every single time it creates a new temp .ts file. I've been trying to work with Hauppauge on it to no avail. Now I am starting to have problems with the 1212. It's not my computer because it happens on recordings from both my laptop and my desktop. And it doesn't happen in the exact same place every time either. I just don't remember having any problems before they started generating those stupid temp files. Any ideas?

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." - Michael Caine, on Jaws the Revenge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2016, 12:42 PM
SHS
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalfreakNYC View Post
Does anyone know how long HC has been generating temp files? I now have both a 1212 and a 1498 and I've been trying to capture things from both my cable box and my Roku. I've been having hiccups in the resulting main file every single time it creates a new temp .ts file. I've been trying to work with Hauppauge on it to no avail. Now I am starting to have problems with the 1212. It's not my computer because it happens on recordings from both my laptop and my desktop. And it doesn't happen in the exact same place every time either. I just don't remember having any problems before they started generating those stupid temp files. Any ideas?
Just wondering what app are you using ? and what OS, SSD or req hard drive?.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
I noticed the temp files when they introduced the skipback feature. I have older versions of HC if you need them.. I save the install file for each.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Just wondering what app are you using ? and what OS, SSD or req hard drive?.
App? Like I said...HC. 33313. It's happened on two different OS - Windows 7 and 10. Two different hard drives - 1 is SSD and other is regular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post
I noticed the temp files when they introduced the skipback feature. I have older versions of HC if you need them.. I save the install file for each.

That would be fantastic!!! THANK YOU!! When was it?

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." - Michael Caine, on Jaws the Revenge
Old 01-07-2016, 04:33 PM
SHS
AVS Special Member

Quote:
App? Like I said...HC. 33313. It's happened on two different OS - Windows 7 and 10. Two different hard drives - 1 is SSD and other is regular.

That would be fantastic!!! THANK YOU!! When was it?
Then you mean Hauppauge Capture as for skipback that was add some time go rigth after 1.0.33156
Just turn off skipback if giving it you problem.
There be a reg perview temp file.
What the rest of your system spec.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Then you mean Hauppauge Capture as for skipback that was add some time go rigth after 1.0.33156
Just turn off skipback if giving it you problem.
There be a reg perview temp file.
What the rest of your system spec.
Skipback isn't on. It still creates the temp files regardless of whether it's on or off.

Laptop is:
i7-3610QM CPU 2.30
16 gigs of RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Old 01-07-2016, 06:02 PM
SHS
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Skipback isn't on. It still creates the temp files regardless of whether it's on or off.

Laptop is:
i7-3610QM CPU 2.30
16 gigs of RAM
Windows 10 64 bit
I see what you ref to, Dran Hauppauge you goof, I pass this on to them
It the Perview make a bunch temps file as you leave it run it make new buffer that grow with new number

Last edited by SHS; 01-07-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I see what you ref to, Dran Hauppauge you goof, I pass this on to them
Skipback is not disable it self that why you end up with a bunch temps file as the long you leave it run the buffer which base mins counter
Sorry. I didn't understand any of that.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:22 PM
SHS
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sorry. I didn't understand any of that.
I edited my other post above
Your ref to this right in below screenshot ?.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	U1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1170362  

Last edited by SHS; 01-07-2016 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I edited my other post above
Your ref to this right in below screenshot ?.
Yup. They're always there.
Granted, my problems have always been there but, now, they're there pretty consistently.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:52 PM
SHS
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yup. They're always there.
Granted, my problems have always been there but, now, they're there pretty consistently.
That being cuase by perview buffer which just loop over and over ever few mins see if you can disable preview mode it in the setting tab.
I know there bug in the ver I have which is 33352 I not sure older ver as my capture card is most likely not support as I have latest model HD-PVR 60
Old 01-13-2016, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any 1212 owners use it with the Pace X1 DVR? I have the green light Pace and two companion boxes. Th companions work perfectly with the PVR, but the DVR works for a little bit then I get "input resolution 0x0 0fps"

Hauppauge support thinks is a hardware problem with the PVR, but why would it work with the companion boxes? I had a GE Plus and it worked with the Pace DVR with no resolution errors.

I tried two different Pace boxes with the 1212 and had the same problem with both. Comcast in my area does not have the Pace with the blue light, if that one would work with the PVR.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:22 AM
SHS
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroybrown View Post
Any 1212 owners use it with the Pace X1 DVR? I have the green light Pace and two companion boxes. Th companions work perfectly with the PVR, but the DVR works for a little bit then I get "input resolution 0x0 0fps"

Hauppauge support thinks is a hardware problem with the PVR, but why would it work with the companion boxes? I had a GE Plus and it worked with the Pace DVR with no resolution errors.

I tried two different Pace boxes with the 1212 and had the same problem with both. Comcast in my area does not have the Pace with the blue light, if that one would work with the PVR.
So the HD-PVR GE Plus as in HD-PVR 2 Gaming Edition Plus model 1504 works but not the HD-PVR model 1212 1st gen rigth?
The must common with the 1st/2nd gen HD-PVR is power supply going bad that could cuase the problem
Which output are you using with HD-PVR and have try any of analog signal ?.
Another possable is could be the Pace X1 DVR is output some forum of copyright protection like Macrovision or CGMS which common on Component, Composite, S/Video and even RF Tuners the other one is know HDCP found on HDMI ourput and with the rigth HDMI Splitter you can work around that problem or just output an off wall signal that in starderd.
I try borrow Xbox 360 or even PS3 to check the HD-PVR model 1212 and what happing.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
So the HD-PVR GE Plus as in HD-PVR 2 Gaming Edition Plus model 1504 works but not the HD-PVR model 1212 1st gen rigth?
The must common with the 1st/2nd gen HD-PVR is power supply going bad that could cuase the problem
Which output are you using with HD-PVR and have try any of analog signal ?.
Another possable is could be the Pace X1 DVR is output some forum of copyright protection like Macrovision or CGMS which common on Component, Composite, S/Video and even RF Tuners the other one is know HDCP found on HDMI ourput and with the rigth HDMI Splitter you can work around that problem or just output an off wall signal that in starderd.
I try borrow Xbox 360 or even PS3 to check the HD-PVR model 1212 and what happing.

Yes Gaming Edition worked fine.The composite connection with the 1212 will work. Sometimes switching back and forth from that to component will get it working again. It's very weird, it will work for a one hour recording, then a few minutes after the recording stops I get the 0x0 0fps again. But the then it will work again for a little

I will try to borrow a friends PS3 to check. I also ordered a Colossus just to see if it has the same problem.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:33 PM
SHS
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes Gaming Edition worked fine.The composite connection with the 1212 will work. Sometimes switching back and forth from that to component will get it working again. It's very weird, it will work for a one hour recording, then a few minutes after the recording stops I get the 0x0 0fps again. But the then it will work again for a little

I will try to borrow a friends PS3 to check. I also ordered a Colossus just to see if it has the same problem.
It could just some hardware problem as Hauppage said i was wondering is the box get hot on button and top ?.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
It could just some hardware problem as Hauppage said i was wondering is the box get hot on button and top ?.
It does get hot on top, last few days I have been sitting it on its side and has not been getting as hot

It's still not working properly though

Last edited by leroybrown; 01-14-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:50 PM
SHS
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It does get hot on top, last few days I have been sitting it on its side and has not been getting as hot

It's still not working properly though
More like you could have is what know as trace brake some where on board or possable bad solder joints come know as terminal crack some where.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just "upgraded" to v1.0.34057 of the capture program along with the firmware update. Now, the computer preview screen delay is worse than ever! I thought it was bad at about 0.75 to 1 sec delay with the older version (can't remember the number but it was at least a year old). Now with the nearly useless skipback "function" in the new software, the delay between hitting a remote button and it showing up on the computer is anywhere from 1.5 to 5 seconds! This occurs even when the skipback says its off. It seems to get worse when the temp files are being created even though the skipback is off.

Seriously, what good is the skipback anyway without a button or slider to actually go backwards in the video on the preview screen? All it's doing is constantly recording an extra stream in the background taking up disk processing time.

Is there a way to go back to the older software without screwing up the firmware revisions, assuming I can track down the older version I was using? In all seriousness, this box became virtually useless to me with this new software.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:12 AM

Well, I guess I'll just answer my own question. I couldn't find out which capture version I had installed before, but using the Internet Archive website, I looked up the Hauppauge support page and was able to track down a few older versions of the software. I installed ver 1.0.33057, which seems to be the newest version BEFORE the stupid Skipback "feature" was implemented. I declined to overwrite the newer drivers, which had me a little nervous, but after a reboot & power cycle of the PVR, everything seems to be working. The ridiculous preview delay is back down to where it was before (about 1 sec), which is annoying but bearable. Plus I've got some of the features which I updated the software for in the first place - the timed recordings, more advanced options, and video display properties that are numbered.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:24 AM
SHS
AVS Special Member

Have try get the lates ver you should change Min to 0 and now stop it

Last edited by SHS; 03-06-2016 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtimes View Post
Well, I guess I'll just answer my own question. I couldn't find out which capture version I had installed before, but using the Internet Archive website, I looked up the Hauppauge support page and was able to track down a few older versions of the software. I installed ver 1.0.33057, which seems to be the newest version BEFORE the stupid Skipback "feature" was implemented. I declined to overwrite the newer drivers, which had me a little nervous, but after a reboot & power cycle of the PVR, everything seems to be working. The ridiculous preview delay is back down to where it was before (about 1 sec), which is annoying but bearable. Plus I've got some of the features which I updated the software for in the first place - the timed recordings, more advanced options, and video display properties that are numbered.
I couldn't find this older version of the software on the support page. Can you provide a link?

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:48 AM
SHS
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macycat View Post
I couldn't find this older version of the software on the support page. Can you provide a link?

Thanks.
http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/capture/hauppaugecapture_1_0_33057.exe
ClearToLand likes this.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 918
Anyone want to tackle this one? Using the 1212 with Windows Media Center on a Win7 32x HTPC. Input is component video from a DirecTV box (with optical audio). I'm starting to get some recordings that won't convert from WTV to TS files. When I play the WTV file, the audio starts out in sync, but then slowly gets farther behind until, by the end of an hour-long program, it's four seconds behind.

Converting the file to .ts using handbrake or tsmux results in a .ts file that plays at twice normal speed with mostly unintelligible audio. And it's not every recording. Periodic issue. And it's not channel specific, either.

VideoReDo will import and allow me to edit the .wtv file, but won't save the edited file in any MPEG-4 format. It WILL recode to MPEG-2, but that plays at about four times normal speed.

Files created with the same HTPC's 2250 cards (ATSC) are just fine.

Power cycled everything, naturally.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Hauppauge 1212 Hd Pvr High Definition Personal Video Recorder
taboola here