Hauppauge HDPVR-1212 Owner's Thread - Page 133 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #3961 of 3973 Old 06-24-2016, 01:33 PM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Here the one for the HD-PVR 2

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\hcwE5bda\Parameters
Dword:"bling_options"=0x80E06

or if you want to just disable a specific app e.g. "Capture4ME.exe"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\hcwE5bda\Parameters\Capture4ME.exe
Dword:"recordLEDon"=0x80E06

I'm wait the first HD-PVR info for those who don't want take out the four screw and remove the top and just un-plug the LED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 3973 Old 10-23-2016, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1212 WinTV 8 - Can't Configure IR Blaster for TiVo

I used to have my HD-PVR hooked up to my DirecTV DVR. I have gone back to cable and am now using a TiVo mini with my HD-PVR. I have the Hauppauge Capture program working just fine, but I cannot get the blaster.cfg to change channels on the TiVo.

Does anyone on this forum know how to get it working? Thanks in advance!

mobilelawyer
at your service
post #3963 of 3973 Old 10-24-2016, 08:35 AM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilelawyer View Post
I used to have my HD-PVR hooked up to my DirecTV DVR. I have gone back to cable and am now using a TiVo mini with my HD-PVR. I have the Hauppauge Capture program working just fine, but I cannot get the blaster.cfg to change channels on the TiVo.

Does anyone on this forum know how to get it working? Thanks in advance!
Have you try leaning the codes ?.
post #3964 of 3973 Old 10-24-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Have you try leaning the codes ?.
I am working on that now. Good lord, it is difficult to get the Hauppauge to read the codes from the TiVo remote. I literally have to touch the emitter on the remote right up to the face of the IR window on the HD-PVR. Some have been done successfully, some are still have not been successfully learned. I am going to go back and check the batteries on my remote again tonight.

And even after entering a channel number that has been learned, and testing, the channel will still not change. I am going to try and move the blaster emitter to the exact location of the IR receiver on the face of the TiVo Mini. The TiVo does respond to the test command, by going screen black, as if it had not received a valid command, and perhaps it has not. I might not have the emitter placed properly, and I am double checking.

mobilelawyer
at your service
post #3965 of 3973 Old 10-24-2016, 04:16 PM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilelawyer View Post
I am working on that now. Good lord, it is difficult to get the Hauppauge to read the codes from the TiVo remote. I literally have to touch the emitter on the remote right up to the face of the IR window on the HD-PVR. Some have been done successfully, some are still have not been successfully learned. I am going to go back and check the batteries on my remote again tonight.

And even after entering a channel number that has been learned, and testing, the channel will still not change. I am going to try and move the blaster emitter to the exact location of the IR receiver on the face of the TiVo Mini. The TiVo does respond to the test command, by going screen black, as if it had not received a valid command, and perhaps it has not. I might not have the emitter placed properly, and I am double checking.
It possible that it non Standard IR signal kind with Dish where we had have USB-UIRT 56khz which make very hard get the code right
Also check see if it RF mode see below link as that will never work
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...php?p=10655719
post #3966 of 3973 Old 11-02-2016, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So here's the million dollar question for both the 1212 and 1512 I can't quite seem to get a straight answer for, even after an hour or two of Googling - does it actually record 5.1 Dolby AC3 audio from the cable box, via optical out?

From 2010-2011 I owned a 1212, but sold it. I'm now looking to pick one up again for a very specific use case, but before I pulled the trigger, I'd like to get an answer to the 5.1 audio question. My intention would be to record the video from the component cable input, but to record the 5.1 audio using the optical audio input.

Apparently there are two pieces of software that can record the input being fed to the 1212? Arcsoft TME (on the physical disk that's included) and Hauppauge's capture program (http://www.hauppauge.com/capture/)

When I used it years ago, I used Arcsoft TME - I'm curious about Hauppauge's capture program; I have a sneaking suspicion they added 5.1 capture support at the driver level, but only their program supports it. I could be wrong though, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks!
post #3967 of 3973 Old 11-02-2016, 01:27 PM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpodiem View Post
So here's the million dollar question for both the 1212 and 1512 I can't quite seem to get a straight answer for, even after an hour or two of Googling - does it actually record 5.1 Dolby AC3 audio from the cable box, via optical out?

From 2010-2011 I owned a 1212, but sold it. I'm now looking to pick one up again for a very specific use case, but before I pulled the trigger, I'd like to get an answer to the 5.1 audio question. My intention would be to record the video from the component cable input, but to record the 5.1 audio using the optical audio input.

Apparently there are two pieces of software that can record the input being fed to the 1212? Arcsoft TME (on the physical disk that's included) and Hauppauge's capture program (http://www.hauppauge.com/capture/)

When I used it years ago, I used Arcsoft TME - I'm curious about Hauppauge's capture program; I have a sneaking suspicion they added 5.1 capture support at the driver level, but only their program supports it. I could be wrong though, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks!
You wrong all other 3rdparty support it as well so yes AC3 does work on both HD-PVR and HD-PVR 2 as well as the Colossus and Colossus 2 it just the HD-PVR Rocket and HD-PVR 60 that have no support.
post #3968 of 3973 Old 11-02-2016, 03:50 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
You wrong all other 3rdparty support it as well so yes AC3 does work on both HD-PVR and HD-PVR 2 as well as the Colossus and Colossus 2 it just the HD-PVR Rocket and HD-PVR 60 that have no support.
The Hauppauge Capture Program is a lot nicer program and much more responsive than Arcsoft TME. Also, it gets updated from time to time.
post #3969 of 3973 Old 11-02-2016, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 1027
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpratt View Post
The Hauppauge Capture Program is a lot nicer program and much more responsive than Arcsoft TME. Also, it gets updated from time to time.
I'm interested since I use TME but don't like it all that much. I find minor glitches in the 5.1 audio stream cause either looong drop outs or even shut down the recording so I'm relegated to using RCA analog stereo only sound. Is Capture better at this?

It also looks [on the front page I only breifly looked at] like it has some sort of video image PIP feature as it records, yes? How would that work from only a single video feed?

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there IS no concept of "accounting for personal taste/preference". As art consumers we don't "pick" the level of bass, nor the tint/brightness of a scene's sky, any more than we pick the ending of a novel or Mona Lisa's type of smile. "High fidelity" means "high truthfulness", faithful to the original artist's intent: an unmodified, neutral, accurate copy of the original master, ideally being exact and with no discernable alterations, aka "transparency".
post #3970 of 3973 Old 11-02-2016, 04:43 PM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
I'm interested since I use TME but don't like it all that much. I find minor glitches in the 5.1 audio stream cause either looong drop outs or even shut down the recording so I'm relegated to using RCA analog stereo only sound. Is Capture better at this?

It also looks [on the front page I only breifly looked at] like it has some sort of video image PIP feature as it records, yes? How would that work from only a single video feed?
That true m. zilch in way your better off with stereo it even happing to me
post #3971 of 3973 Old 11-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
I use Arcsoft Showbiz & HC. Never have any issues with 5.1..
Using TsDoctor on the files after capturing it tells me that HC mislabels the AC3 streamID. So I use Showbiz instead..

Last edited by nikknightt; 11-03-2016 at 02:08 PM.
post #3972 of 3973 Old 11-04-2016, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
I have both the 1212 and 1512(well, I guess I got a 1504 HD PVR2 GE Plus shipped in a 1512 box, see starting at post #362 of the 1512 thread for details) Yes, the recordings have AC3 5.1 at least Showbiz says that while capturing, and the recordings have it according to TS-Doctor and MediaInfo. Also my Pioneer receiver shows DD 5.1 when playing back the recordings.
Quote:
I got the HD PVR2 because my HD PVR kept blowing power supplies. It has performed pretty well as a replacement. I have since got a working power supply for the 1212, and use it once in a while still, but mainly use the PVR2 for recording.
Quote:
TME is used with the 1212, Showbiz is used with the PVR2. TME that came with the 1212 doesn't show my PVR2 device as a capture option. I've not tried using the 1212 in Showbiz.
Quote:

Thanks!
TME with the 1212 and Showbiz with the PVR2 both record AC3 5.1 from my cable box via optical, and HDMI on the PVR2

While I have tried Hauppauge Capture with the PVR2, and it has recorded AC3 5.1, its not my regular recording software. I use Showbiz.

Oh, and the only issues I have with AC3 audio in my recordings is that some recordings made with the PVR2 and Showbiz or HC can't be opened by VideoRedo to edit them and remove commercials, etc. (seems to be those that have a switch between stereo and 5.1 audio in them). I have to run them through TS-Doctor first, let it fix any errors, then open/edit the corrected file in VideoRedo. I then have no issues with the resulting files.

Last edited by Mark_Venture; 11-04-2016 at 08:04 AM.
post #3973 of 3973 Old 11-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I use showbiz with the 1212 & 1512..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Hauppauge 1212 Hd Pvr High Definition Personal Video Recorder