Hauppauge HDPVR-1212 Owner's Thread - Page 133 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #3961 of 3985 Old 06-24-2016, 12:33 PM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Here the one for the HD-PVR 2

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\hcwE5bda\Parameters
Dword:"bling_options"=0x80E06

or if you want to just disable a specific app e.g. "Capture4ME.exe"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\hcwE5bda\Parameters\Capture4ME.exe
Dword:"recordLEDon"=0x80E06

I'm wait the first HD-PVR info for those who don't want take out the four screw and remove the top and just un-plug the LED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 3985 Old 10-23-2016, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1212 WinTV 8 - Can't Configure IR Blaster for TiVo

I used to have my HD-PVR hooked up to my DirecTV DVR. I have gone back to cable and am now using a TiVo mini with my HD-PVR. I have the Hauppauge Capture program working just fine, but I cannot get the blaster.cfg to change channels on the TiVo.

Does anyone on this forum know how to get it working? Thanks in advance!

mobilelawyer
at your service
post #3963 of 3985 Old 10-24-2016, 07:35 AM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilelawyer View Post
I used to have my HD-PVR hooked up to my DirecTV DVR. I have gone back to cable and am now using a TiVo mini with my HD-PVR. I have the Hauppauge Capture program working just fine, but I cannot get the blaster.cfg to change channels on the TiVo.

Does anyone on this forum know how to get it working? Thanks in advance!
Have you try leaning the codes ?.

post #3964 of 3985 Old 10-24-2016, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Have you try leaning the codes ?.
I am working on that now. Good lord, it is difficult to get the Hauppauge to read the codes from the TiVo remote. I literally have to touch the emitter on the remote right up to the face of the IR window on the HD-PVR. Some have been done successfully, some are still have not been successfully learned. I am going to go back and check the batteries on my remote again tonight.

And even after entering a channel number that has been learned, and testing, the channel will still not change. I am going to try and move the blaster emitter to the exact location of the IR receiver on the face of the TiVo Mini. The TiVo does respond to the test command, by going screen black, as if it had not received a valid command, and perhaps it has not. I might not have the emitter placed properly, and I am double checking.

mobilelawyer
at your service
post #3965 of 3985 Old 10-24-2016, 03:16 PM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilelawyer View Post
I am working on that now. Good lord, it is difficult to get the Hauppauge to read the codes from the TiVo remote. I literally have to touch the emitter on the remote right up to the face of the IR window on the HD-PVR. Some have been done successfully, some are still have not been successfully learned. I am going to go back and check the batteries on my remote again tonight.

And even after entering a channel number that has been learned, and testing, the channel will still not change. I am going to try and move the blaster emitter to the exact location of the IR receiver on the face of the TiVo Mini. The TiVo does respond to the test command, by going screen black, as if it had not received a valid command, and perhaps it has not. I might not have the emitter placed properly, and I am double checking.
It possible that it non Standard IR signal kind with Dish where we had have USB-UIRT 56khz which make very hard get the code right
Also check see if it RF mode see below link as that will never work
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...php?p=10655719
post #3966 of 3985 Old 11-02-2016, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So here's the million dollar question for both the 1212 and 1512 I can't quite seem to get a straight answer for, even after an hour or two of Googling - does it actually record 5.1 Dolby AC3 audio from the cable box, via optical out?

From 2010-2011 I owned a 1212, but sold it. I'm now looking to pick one up again for a very specific use case, but before I pulled the trigger, I'd like to get an answer to the 5.1 audio question. My intention would be to record the video from the component cable input, but to record the 5.1 audio using the optical audio input.

Apparently there are two pieces of software that can record the input being fed to the 1212? Arcsoft TME (on the physical disk that's included) and Hauppauge's capture program (http://www.hauppauge.com/capture/)

When I used it years ago, I used Arcsoft TME - I'm curious about Hauppauge's capture program; I have a sneaking suspicion they added 5.1 capture support at the driver level, but only their program supports it. I could be wrong though, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks!
post #3967 of 3985 Old 11-02-2016, 12:27 PM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpodiem View Post
So here's the million dollar question for both the 1212 and 1512 I can't quite seem to get a straight answer for, even after an hour or two of Googling - does it actually record 5.1 Dolby AC3 audio from the cable box, via optical out?

From 2010-2011 I owned a 1212, but sold it. I'm now looking to pick one up again for a very specific use case, but before I pulled the trigger, I'd like to get an answer to the 5.1 audio question. My intention would be to record the video from the component cable input, but to record the 5.1 audio using the optical audio input.

Apparently there are two pieces of software that can record the input being fed to the 1212? Arcsoft TME (on the physical disk that's included) and Hauppauge's capture program (http://www.hauppauge.com/capture/)

When I used it years ago, I used Arcsoft TME - I'm curious about Hauppauge's capture program; I have a sneaking suspicion they added 5.1 capture support at the driver level, but only their program supports it. I could be wrong though, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks!
You wrong all other 3rdparty support it as well so yes AC3 does work on both HD-PVR and HD-PVR 2 as well as the Colossus and Colossus 2 it just the HD-PVR Rocket and HD-PVR 60 that have no support.
post #3968 of 3985 Old 11-02-2016, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
You wrong all other 3rdparty support it as well so yes AC3 does work on both HD-PVR and HD-PVR 2 as well as the Colossus and Colossus 2 it just the HD-PVR Rocket and HD-PVR 60 that have no support.
The Hauppauge Capture Program is a lot nicer program and much more responsive than Arcsoft TME. Also, it gets updated from time to time.
post #3969 of 3985 Old 11-02-2016, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked: 1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpratt View Post
The Hauppauge Capture Program is a lot nicer program and much more responsive than Arcsoft TME. Also, it gets updated from time to time.
I'm interested since I use TME but don't like it all that much. I find minor glitches in the 5.1 audio stream cause either looong drop outs or even shut down the recording so I'm relegated to using RCA analog stereo only sound. Is Capture better at this?

It also looks [on the front page I only breifly looked at] like it has some sort of video image PIP feature as it records, yes? How would that work from only a single video feed?

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there IS no concept of "accounting for personal taste/preference". As art consumers we don't "pick" the level of bass, nor the tint/brightness of a scene's sky, any more than we pick the ending of a novel or Mona Lisa's type of smile. "High fidelity" means "high truthfulness", faithful to the original artist's intent: an unmodified, neutral, accurate copy of the original master, ideally being exact and with no discernable alterations, aka "transparency".
post #3970 of 3985 Old 11-02-2016, 03:43 PM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
I'm interested since I use TME but don't like it all that much. I find minor glitches in the 5.1 audio stream cause either looong drop outs or even shut down the recording so I'm relegated to using RCA analog stereo only sound. Is Capture better at this?

It also looks [on the front page I only breifly looked at] like it has some sort of video image PIP feature as it records, yes? How would that work from only a single video feed?
That true m. zilch in way your better off with stereo it even happing to me
post #3971 of 3985 Old 11-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
I use Arcsoft Showbiz & HC. Never have any issues with 5.1..
Using TsDoctor on the files after capturing it tells me that HC mislabels the AC3 streamID. So I use Showbiz instead..

Last edited by nikknightt; 11-03-2016 at 01:08 PM.
post #3972 of 3985 Old 11-04-2016, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
I have both the 1212 and 1512(well, I guess I got a 1504 HD PVR2 GE Plus shipped in a 1512 box, see starting at post #362 of the 1512 thread for details) Yes, the recordings have AC3 5.1 at least Showbiz says that while capturing, and the recordings have it according to TS-Doctor and MediaInfo. Also my Pioneer receiver shows DD 5.1 when playing back the recordings.
Quote:
I got the HD PVR2 because my HD PVR kept blowing power supplies. It has performed pretty well as a replacement. I have since got a working power supply for the 1212, and use it once in a while still, but mainly use the PVR2 for recording.
Quote:
TME is used with the 1212, Showbiz is used with the PVR2. TME that came with the 1212 doesn't show my PVR2 device as a capture option. I've not tried using the 1212 in Showbiz.
Quote:

Thanks!
TME with the 1212 and Showbiz with the PVR2 both record AC3 5.1 from my cable box via optical, and HDMI on the PVR2

While I have tried Hauppauge Capture with the PVR2, and it has recorded AC3 5.1, its not my regular recording software. I use Showbiz.

Oh, and the only issues I have with AC3 audio in my recordings is that some recordings made with the PVR2 and Showbiz or HC can't be opened by VideoRedo to edit them and remove commercials, etc. (seems to be those that have a switch between stereo and 5.1 audio in them). I have to run them through TS-Doctor first, let it fix any errors, then open/edit the corrected file in VideoRedo. I then have no issues with the resulting files.

Last edited by Mark_Venture; 11-04-2016 at 07:04 AM.
post #3973 of 3985 Old 11-04-2016, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

I use showbiz with the 1212 & 1512..
post #3974 of 3985 Old 05-05-2017, 04:51 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplracerx View Post
I got the "device has been disconnected" error today. After much experimentation, changing cables, rebooting, etc. I found the problem. I had updated the driver for my ATI video card, which is also my audio output device, and it completely reset the audio configuration. When I went to the devices page in control panel, the HDPVR was there, but when I checked the properties, there was no default audio device set. When I fixed that, the box started working again. I'm posting this because I never found this as a possible solution to the device disconnected error.

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate edition
Sapphire Radeon HD7870
I had just run into this issue had tried just about everything. When wanting to record video message appears. "The Device in use has been disconnected"..."Please check the connection or select another device". This is a recent error message.

After 3-4 years use. Have tried using HD PVR on another laptop (Dell) and desktop (Dell) works fine. But this has been the first time I have rec'd this message on this laptop (HP). The HP is the laptop I've been using for 3-4 years for this process. Pinpointed down to this laptop has the problem.

Uninstalled the driver for the HD PVR, checked all connections, even tho' they worked on the other 2 computers. Checked in Windows devices to see if any errors show up (Sound..Graphics...Hauppauge shows up in the device list ).

Shut down laptop restarted no change.Disconnected and reconnected with power on or off, no change.

Other laptop (Dell) in under sized for system requirements (Dual core 1.7) the desktop (Dell dual 2.70) is just close enough to connect, not convenient for leaving connected.

TME2 Software v2.0.45.12 - HD PVR Software v1.6.29277.0 (10-4-2011)

When I went to the Sound,Video,Game Controllers in the Device Manager, clicked on the Hauppauge went to the audio part made the headphone/sound as the default and everything worked !! I think through a windows update either the Sound (IDT Audio) or Video (Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset) got updated.

Wanted to thank gplracerx from (
09-10-2012) for giving me something else to try

Thanks Steve

Last edited by Shooter33; 05-05-2017 at 04:54 PM.
post #3975 of 3985 Old 05-05-2017, 04:59 PM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

If you have AVG or Avast uninstall it as it has been to causes problem

Last edited by SHS; 05-06-2017 at 09:59 AM.
post #3976 of 3985 Old 05-06-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
If you AVG or Avast uninstall it as it has been to causes problem
Probably would of gotten down to checking the possibilities of this. Been using Avast for years on the Desktop (Dell) and the main use of the Hauppauge HD PVR Laptop (HP), no issues in the past .

Anything is possible even the ones you wouldn't think of. I'm glad for me , I was able to get working again.

Wanted to pass this on in case someone else runs out of ideas.

Thanks SHS for the other option to try.

Steve
post #3977 of 3985 Old 05-06-2017, 10:01 AM
SHS
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter33 View Post

Probably would of gotten down to checking the possibilities of this. Been using Avast for years on the Desktop (Dell) and the main use of the Hauppauge HD PVR Laptop (HP), no issues in the past .

Anything is possible even the ones you wouldn't think of. I'm glad for me , I was able to get working again.

Wanted to pass this on in case someone else runs out of ideas.

Thanks SHS for the other option to try.

Steve
Only just start happing with latest virus signature file update so something with both those will need be fix it on Hauppauge Facebook News page.
post #3978 of 3985 Old 05-06-2017, 06:12 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Only just start happing with latest virus signature file update so something with both those will need be fix it on Hauppauge Facebook News page.
You might be right, I don't use that laptop (HP) daily. Checked on Avast when the last update was...Bingo... right when things cleared up an update to the program was done. Never put the two together. I have Avast notify me on updates. Thanks for the help !!!!

Steve

In my troubleshooting, I downloaded Hauppauge Capture. Have you used it ? Opinions ?? Not having any issues with TME 2, just might try another program that updates more often
post #3979 of 3985 Old 05-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter33 View Post
When I went to the Sound,Video,Game Controllers in the Device Manager, clicked on the Hauppauge went to the audio part made the headphone/sound as the default and everything worked !! I think through a windows update either the Sound (IDT Audio) or Video (Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset) got updated.

Wanted to thank gplracerx from (
09-10-2012) for giving me something else to try

Thanks Steve
I'm curious, how were you able to go to the Audio part? When I select properties, all I see is the General, Driver and Details tabs. In Details, I don't see any Audio option
post #3980 of 3985 Old 05-13-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightrope View Post
I'm curious, how were you able to go to the Audio part? When I select properties, all I see is the General, Driver and Details tabs. In Details, I don't see any Audio option
I firmly believe that the updating of Avast fixed my issue. Received this reply from Hauppauge after everything was working and Avast updated. I didn't uninstall just let it update

Quote:
Do you have Anti Virus software AVAST or AVG installed?

AVAST/AVG did some recent update that is causing the black screen in Hauppauge capture. If you uninstall AVAST/AVG it will fix the problem. We are looking into this issue.
But in case you don't have either of those programs, this might work. Windows 7 machine, HP dv7 Pavilion

• Control Panel
  • All Control Panel Items
  • Devices and Printers
  • Hauppauge HD PVR Capture Device (Right Click)
  • Sound Settings
  • Playback Tab
  • Speakers and Dual headphones (Click)
  • Set as Default

Not sure if this will work for you. Possibly there was no default audio device set on mine after a sound card update, I just wanted to confirm that the correct Default was set or it was the Avast update that did it.

Good Luck, tightrope

Steve
post #3981 of 3985 Old 05-16-2017, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the explanation Steve, much appreciated.
I was accessing the Hauppauge through System, not Devices and Printers, which is probably why the audio options weren't available. My Hauppauge is working fine right now, but I recall getting the "Device Disconnected" error message a while back. I use Avast as well, which might explain why I had gotten that message.

Thanks again
post #3982 of 3985 Old 05-16-2017, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

There was a discussion a while back about variable vs constant bitrate, and I forget what was the consensus. I'm using the default constant bitrate currently, is this what most of you guys are using? And what value is recommended?

Thanks in advance
post #3983 of 3985 Old 05-16-2017, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightrope View Post
There was a discussion a while back about variable vs constant bitrate, and I forget what was the consensus. I'm using the default constant bitrate currently, is this what most of you guys are using? And what value is recommended?
Thanks in advance
I use VBR most of the time.. But it really depends what I plan to do with the file.
If I'm archiving a football game to disc - 720p 12VBR.. Saving a movie or concert for HTPC - Full blast.
post #3984 of 3985 Old 05-16-2017, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post
I use VBR most of the time.. But it really depends what I plan to do with the file.
If I'm archiving a football game to disc - 720p 12VBR.. Saving a movie or concert for HTPC - Full blast.
Likewise

Cheers
post #3985 of 3985 Old Today, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post
Likewise......

I use VBR for movies, started using Kodi last year. Like the results, from Dish Hopper to AVCHD or streaming with Kodi.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Hauppauge 1212 Hd Pvr High Definition Personal Video Recorder

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page