I'm a HD PVR 1212 newbie. Trying to follow you guys about rcTVCap. I haven't installed anything yet as I want to understand this first. So, is this the right sequence from beginning to end?
1. Install latest Hauppauge driver
2. Plug in HD PVR via USB; let Windows recognize/install automatically
3. Install TME off CD-ROM (or is there a newer version somewhere?
4. Download rcTVCap from http://www.arogan.com/rcTVCap.zip
5. Download rcGraphBuilder from http://www.arogan.com/rcGraphBuilder.zip
6. Unzip contents of both above in a folder like C:\\Program Files\
7. Play content on HD PVR
8. Start capture as follows via Windows command prompt...
cTVCap.exe" "C:\\Program Files\
cTVCap\\hdpvrcap.grf" "File Dump" 60 "D:\\Capture\\Test.ts" HQ
The above command line would presumably capture a 60-second file named Test.ts. I'm guessing HQ means at highest bitrate?
Also, I forget where I read this, but can KLToolBox
be used as a GUI for rcTVCap? Instructions I've got saved are...
Put KLToolBox in the same directory as rcTVCap. It also needs the DirectShowLib-2005.dll to be in the same directory as the .exe file. Register the proppage.dll as described on arogan's blog. If the DirectShowLib-2005.dll isn't in the same directory as KLToolBox, you can copy it from the directory where rctvcap is to the KLToolBox directory or move KLToolBox to the same directory as rctvcap. Make sure config.xml goes with KLToolBox if you have to move it, so you don't lose all your settings.
I think I follow everything except for what "Register the proppage.dll" means. Guess I need to read Arogan's blog (which I find a little confusing to follow).