post #991 of 3831 Old 05-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by truffleshuffle83 View Post

ive been outputting hddvds and blu rays over compenent into this thing lately tp back them up.. very useful. gives me a reallt good copy with lossy audio and smaller then an mkv with flac. plus i can stream to my ps3 qithout transcoding

Do you stream via wireless connection or is it wired?
Does a wireless connection have the bandwidth? WHat do you use to stream? Win Media player? Tversity?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 3831 Old 05-14-2009, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've read about 80% of this thread (an elsewhere on the net) trying to find a good answer to this question...

1) Is there a way to just watch live tv using the HD PVR? I mean, I know there is a way. I can open up the record mode of Total Media Extreme and just let it sit there (not recording), but I was wondering if there is a more stream-lined method -- an app I can maximize to the screen or that is more minimal. I tried to get VLC to do it, but encountered an error and went to bed since it was late. I'm going to try again later tonight, but wanted to throw this out.

2) On a different note, what might I be doing wrong with the IR Blaster? I have the BlasterConfig app set up correctly, because it will change the channel on my DirecTV HR20-100 box. However, anything pressed on the remote doesn't register with the DirecTV box, just the computer. For example, I can change the volume and mute the computer. I can even bring up the task switcher on the computer. But I can't seem to figure out how to send the channels to the DirecTV box.

I'm using Windows Vista x64 Enterprise if that makes any difference with the last issue. Thanks!
post #993 of 3831 Old 05-15-2009, 02:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post

I've read about 80% of this thread (an elsewhere on the net) trying to find a good answer to this question...

1) Is there a way to just watch live tv using the HD PVR? I mean, I know there is a way. I can open up the record mode of Total Media Extreme and just let it sit there (not recording), but I was wondering if there is a more stream-lined method -- an app I can maximize to the screen or that is more minimal. I tried to get VLC to do it, but encountered an error and went to bed since it was late. I'm going to try again later tonight, but wanted to throw this out.

2) On a different note, what might I be doing wrong with the IR Blaster? I have the BlasterConfig app set up correctly, because it will change the channel on my DirecTV HR20-100 box. However, anything pressed on the remote doesn't register with the DirecTV box, just the computer. For example, I can change the volume and mute the computer. I can even bring up the task switcher on the computer. But I can't seem to figure out how to send the channels to the DirecTV box.

I'm using Windows Vista x64 Enterprise if that makes any difference with the last issue. Thanks!

I have asked this same question in all forums I could find on the HD-PVR and never got a precise yes you can or no you can't answer. It really feels good to know that someone else has the same question.
The best answer I got was that it should work in VMC using DVBlink for HD-PVR.
I haven't tried this yet so I can't tell if it will work well as the DVBLink software is still in beta.
I am only looking for a way to bring audio / video from my STB into the HTPC so I can have a better output to the TV and A/V receiver, and also control all from one remote.
I am not really interested in recording anything...
post #994 of 3831 Old 05-15-2009, 04:39 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post

Is there a way to just watch live tv using the HD PVR?

I have my HDPVR running through BeyondTV and can watch live TV. Or I can select to record from the channel guide and schedule recordings. Another benefit with BeyondTV, and I don't know why this is, but the blue bling light doesn't come on when watching or recording.
post #995 of 3831 Old 05-15-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balky View Post

I have asked this same question in all forums I could find on the HD-PVR and never got a precise yes you can or no you can't answer. It really feels good to know that someone else has the same question.
The best answer I got was that it should work in VMC using DVBlink for HD-PVR.
I haven't tried this yet so I can't tell if it will work well as the DVBLink software is still in beta.
I am only looking for a way to bring audio / video from my STB into the HTPC so I can have a better output to the TV and A/V receiver, and also control all from one remote.
I am not really interested in recording anything...

Thanks for the heads-up on DVBLink. I won't have a chance to test it out until later in the weekend, but it's something worth trying. I understand that the main point of the HD PVR is recording, but I did find it odd that there isn't further discussion regarding reular ol' live TV streaming.

So far I've lived with watching TV inside Total Media Extreme or through SageTV's Media Center. I am just using the trial at the moment to see if I want to go through building a media server. It "works", but it's a lot to go through just to watch live TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppertubing View Post

I have my HDPVR running through BeyondTV and can watch live TV. Or I can select to record from the channel guide and schedule recordings. Another benefit with BeyondTV, and I don't know why this is, but the blue bling light doesn't come on when watching or recording.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've heard of BeyondTV, but don't know much about it. I'll check it out.
post #996 of 3831 Old 05-15-2009, 12:27 PM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Basic HD PVR question here.

All I want to do is get recorded shows off my DirecTV HD-DVRs on to my media server so that they can be watched anywhere in the home on SAGE HD200 boxes.

Can I simply plug in the DirecTV HD-DVR to the HD PVR then to the media server and use the Sage TV software to "record" the files being played back on the DirecTV HD-DVR?

Thus eliminating the Arcsoft Software or even needing anything else?

We have a number of Saved things on all 3 DVRs in the home and it would be nice to get stuff off of them on a regular basis.

For the units not in my media room I would most likely just use a laptop with the HD PVR to grab this info ... would that work ok as well?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Greg

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #997 of 3831 Old 05-16-2009, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Basic HD PVR question here.

All I want to do is get recorded shows off my DirecTV HD-DVRs on to my media server so that they can be watched anywhere in the home on SAGE HD200 boxes.

Can I simply plug in the DirecTV HD-DVR to the HD PVR then to the media server and use the Sage TV software to "record" the files being played back on the DirecTV HD-DVR?

Thus eliminating the Arcsoft Software or even needing anything else?

We have a number of Saved things on all 3 DVRs in the home and it would be nice to get stuff off of them on a regular basis.

For the units not in my media room I would most likely just use a laptop with the HD PVR to grab this info ... would that work ok as well?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Greg

I've archived, onto Sage, many shows recorded on DirecTV and residing on my DirecTV DVR. No need to use the Arcsoft Software.

Ron
post #998 of 3831 Old 05-17-2009, 10:02 AM

HD-PVR + Atom 330

I was using a 3.0 Prescott with 3GB DDR to record with the PVR @ about 90-100% CPU Usage the preview window in arcsoft took awhile to sync but the recordings were good. I then move the box to a dual Xeon 2.8 with hyper threading and that recorded with room to spare I then decided to look for a low power solution I could not find any info on the Atom 330 with the PVR and so I thought I'd post here to inform that:

It Works Flawless CPU is @ 86-97% in 1080i with 5.1 Audio it hits 100 rarely all-in-all it handles it just as well if not better then my 3.0 Prescott with 3GB DDR. With a custom graph and no Arcsoft software it doesn't even care that it is capturing anything 3-6% CPU.

Perfect

Atom 330
2GB DDR2
Sata HDD
HD-PVR (C2)
post #999 of 3831 Old 05-17-2009, 10:12 AM

CustomGrapf

ArcSoft
post #1000 of 3831 Old 05-18-2009, 09:02 AM

Can someone please help with this issue,
I want to record in .m2ts format through the scheduler (Titan TV), but every time the recording is .ts.

The only time that I can record in ,m2ts is when i record manually.
post #1001 of 3831 Old 05-18-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorgeIrish View Post

Can someone please help with this issue,
I want to record in .m2ts format through the scheduler (Titan TV), but every time the recording is .ts.

The only time that I can record in ,m2ts is when i record manually.

Go to C:\\Program Files\\ArcSoft\\TotalMedia Extreme\\TotalMedia Studio MV/ and find CaptureModule.ini

Open, scroll down to [LumanateDolphin] and edit the following line to read:

LumanateDolphinRecordFormatDefaultIndex=0

0 sets the defaults .m2ts
1 sets the defaults to .ts
post #1002 of 3831 Old 05-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post

Do you stream via wireless connection or is it wired?
Does a wireless connection have the bandwidth? WHat do you use to stream? Win Media player? Tversity?

i use the d link draft n router and bridge and rename the files .avi and let media player make the connection to my ps3. as long as i dont have much network traffic on other pcs i never get lag

i watched willy wonka that i copied from the hddvd and it was transparent the the actual 360 drove outputting to the tv
post #1003 of 3831 Old 05-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

i use the d link draft n router and bridge and rename the files .avi and let media player make the connection to my ps3. as long as i dont have much network traffic on other pcs i never get lag

i watched willy wonka that i copied from the hddvd and it was transparent the the actual 360 drove outputting to the tv

Will a 'G' router be fast enough?
Media Player doesn't recognize M2TS files? That's why you change them to avi?

Not sure I understand this line:
"i watched willy wonka that i copied from the hddvd and it was transparent the the actual 360 drove outputting to the tv"

Shouldnt a ripped HD disc look perfect?? What is 360?
post #1004 of 3831 Old 05-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post

Will a 'G' router be fast enough?
Media Player doesn't recognize M2TS files? That's why you change them to avi?

Not sure I understand this line:
"i watched willy wonka that i copied from the hddvd and it was transparent the the actual 360 drove outputting to the tv"

Shouldnt a ripped HD disc look perfect?? What is 360?

i used component out from the 360 hddvd drive to copy the hddvd. im prwtty sure the native bitrate is higher than cable so i wasnt sure how well it would look. even without maxing the record bitrates out it was a discernabe difference ripped or optical. keep in mind im talking 1080 i and dd only
i got stuttering using g but my dlink dir 655 works great
post #1005 of 3831 Old 05-20-2009, 05:28 PM

is there any other software I can capture footage from my consoles with the 1212? I am trying to build a few clips in WMM, but it won't accept the ts or m2ts files for importing.
post #1006 of 3831 Old 05-26-2009, 09:34 PM

Had been perfect until yesterday. Image didn't come through until I rebooted it and all was fine. Then today I can't get any image to pass through it at all. Any tips before I send it back?
post #1007 of 3831 Old 05-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morydees View Post

Had been perfect until yesterday. Image didn't come through until I rebooted it and all was fine. Then today I can't get any image to pass through it at all. Any tips before I send it back?

You wont get video without audio so check your audio cable/connections as well. Its very picky in that regrard...
post #1008 of 3831 Old 05-27-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemac View Post

You wont get video without audio so check your audio cable/connections as well. Its very picky in that regrard...

Well all cables ended up being tight. Still, I disconnected everything and left it unplugged for two hours and plugged it all back in. Nothing.

On the bright side, I bought it at a store locally so I'm going to exchange it today. Thanks for the tip though, it may come in handy some day!
post #1009 of 3831 Old 05-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
I lost about 3 hours messing around due to a bad optical cable, so if you have an issue with your replacement, try changing out the optical cable. Good luck, let us know how you make out!
post #1010 of 3831 Old 05-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

i got stuttering using g but my dlink dir 655 works great

I just set streaming up, My Linksys G wireless router is about 15min into playing back a file. No stuttering yet...I even FF at 10x and it didn't seem to have a problem. we'll see if it continues to work.
I had to rename it to .avi also then wmp11 & ps3 saw the file..
Does it change the resolution of playback after renaming it avi?
It doesn't look like it does..

I read that there is a registry patch that allows wmp11 to support m2ts files.
I haven''t used it. I heard it works. Use at your own risk.
http://a8t8.spaces.live.com/blog/cns...13E8!240.entry
post #1011 of 3831 Old 05-29-2009, 09:18 AM

i have one of the original 1st shipment units that i have been using since it was released with my HP Slimline s7627c 2ghz AMD with 2 gb of ram with Vista Home Premium installed over XP/MCE 2005. HD PVR has worked well the entire time with the occasional glitch here and there, I only use this PC to capture from my satelite box and camcorder and VCR not to view the files. I wasn't happy with Vista on this PC so I wiped it clean and installed XP/MCE 2005 hoping for better overall performance. PC is working much better but now when capturing...well trying to capture it seems like the preview screen is causing my on-board video card (NVidia 6150LE) to lock up and eventually shuts down the PC. Lots of scribbly lines show up for about 30 seconds then it shuts down. Never happened before. I've installed all updates to XP and the drivers for the video card. I tried the original version of TME and the updated version, I don't know what else to do...please help.
post #1012 of 3831 Old 05-29-2009, 11:55 AM
CPB

Liked: 15
I'd suggest using a less resource-intensive capture app, such as rcTVCap with the KLToolbox front-end if you prefer a GUI.
post #1013 of 3831 Old 05-29-2009, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I am considering purchasing one of these but have 2 quick questions I couldn't find the answers to in this forum after reading a few pages, my apologies if they are there and I didn't see them. I gather the 1212 must be on if I want to watch HDTV using the component pass through, which is annoying but I could live with it.

My 2 questions are:
1. Does the computer I connect the 1212 to need to be on as well?
2. Is there any quality loss, sync problems, lag, etc. when watching via pass through?

Thanks for any help you could give. I have a AMD dual core 5400 with a 9800GT 512M graphics card so I think I should be OK on the computer side. I just want to record things off my DirecTV HD DVR, burn the straight AVC files to DVD and be able to watch them on my PS3, I'm not even concerned with editing the files.
post #1014 of 3831 Old 05-29-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPB View Post

I'd suggest using a less resource-intensive capture app, such as rcTVCap with the KLToolbox front-end if you prefer a GUI.

where do i get this?
post #1015 of 3831 Old 05-29-2009, 03:45 PM
CPB

Liked: 15
Here is the blog of the individual who created rcTVCap:

http://blog.arogan.com/2008/06/haupp...odel-1212.html

here's a direct download to it.

"Our very own" rebkell created the GUI front-end for rcTVCap, it is called KLToolBox and can be found here.

And you will need a graph built specifically on your machine.. by far the easiest way IMO is to use rcGraphBuilder also written by arogan. The graphs that come with the rcTVCap will probably not work.

Command-line tools may seem daunting, and I thought the same thing at first, but once I got the hang of using rcTVCap (KLToolBox makes it very easy to use also) that's ALL i use for capturing now - CPU usage is extremely minimal. And there you will eliminate the issue with your video card, as there is no video preview like the TME software. Best of luck!
post #1016 of 3831 Old 05-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokar View Post

I am considering purchasing one of these but have 2 quick questions I couldn't find the answers to in this forum after reading a few pages, my apologies if they are there and I didn't see them. I gather the 1212 must be on if I want to watch HDTV using the component pass through, which is annoying but I could live with it.

My 2 questions are:
1. Does the computer I connect the 1212 to need to be on as well?
2. Is there any quality loss, sync problems, lag, etc. when watching via pass through?

Thanks for any help you could give. I have a AMD dual core 5400 with a 9800GT 512M graphics card so I think I should be OK on the computer side. I just want to record things off my DirecTV HD DVR, burn the straight AVC files to DVD and be able to watch them on my PS3, I'm not even concerned with editing the files.

1. The PC needs to be on for capturing, it can be off for passthrough
2. No (or at least not that I'm aware off), and there's no lag.
post #1017 of 3831 Old 06-01-2009, 02:09 AM

i really want one of these. hopefully soon
post #1018 of 3831 Old 06-01-2009, 07:16 PM

i have no clue on what to do with all these different programs. is there a step by step walk-through somewhere on how to use this stuff? i'm computer literate but very lost. I guess the first step is to build a graph? When i press any button on rcGraphBuilder i get an error "Unhandled exception...Could not load file or assembly 'DirectShowLib-2005...". I get the same error in the tool box program. Am i even on the right track here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPB View Post

Here is the blog of the individual who created rcTVCap:

http://blog.arogan.com/2008/06/haupp...odel-1212.html

here's a direct download to it.

"Our very own" rebkell created the GUI front-end for rcTVCap, it is called KLToolBox and can be found here.

And you will need a graph built specifically on your machine.. by far the easiest way IMO is to use rcGraphBuilder also written by arogan. The graphs that come with the rcTVCap will probably not work.

Command-line tools may seem daunting, and I thought the same thing at first, but once I got the hang of using rcTVCap (KLToolBox makes it very easy to use also) that's ALL i use for capturing now - CPU usage is extremely minimal. And there you will eliminate the issue with your video card, as there is no video preview like the TME software. Best of luck!

post #1019 of 3831 Old 06-01-2009, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncinsguy View Post

i have no clue on what to do with all these different programs. is there a step by step walk-through somewhere on how to use this stuff? i'm computer literate but very lost. I guess the first step is to build a graph? When i press any button on rcGraphBuilder i get an error "Unhandled exception...Could not load file or assembly 'DirectShowLib-2005...". I get the same error in the tool box program. Am i even on the right track here?

Just guessing from the error you're getting, it doesn't sound like you unzipped the files. Did you just click on the zip file and then try to run the programs from the list? That would explain why it couldn't find DirectShowLib-2005, it has to be in the directory for any and all of these programs to work.

Unzip rctvcap into a directory and then unzip rcgraphbuilder into the same folder or in it's own folder. When you unzip KLToolBox.zip make sure the KLToolBox.exe file is in the same directory with rctvcap.
post #1020 of 3831 Old 06-01-2009, 09:14 PM

ok i put all the programs in a folder on my desktop and i used graph builder to make a graph and saved it. then i opened the toolbox and opened the the graph i saved but i can't figure out how to start a recording. i click build project with the start now box checked and it creates dos file in the output directory. what am i doing wrong? or how do i start a recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Just guessing from the error you're getting, it doesn't sound like you unzipped the files. Did you just click on the zip file and then try to run the programs from the list? That would explain why it couldn't find DirectShowLib-2005, it has to be in the directory for any and all of these programs to work.

Unzip rctvcap into a directory and then unzip rcgraphbuilder into the same folder or in it's own folder. When you unzip KLToolBox.zip make sure the KLToolBox.exe file is in the same directory with rctvcap.

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Hauppauge 1212 Hd Pvr High Definition Personal Video Recorder

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page